F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > VF Hex Tune?
Studio RSR

08-03-2017, 03:12 AM   #1
f32alex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14' F32 435i

VF Hex Tune?

Anyone have any experience with this tune or know someone who does? I want to get it but there is a lack of information about it online so i am skeptical. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 05:26 AM   #2
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Not to derail your thread....but...., why would you consider a tune that hasn't returned any researchable data/information? .

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 2
FSociety3811.50
      08-03-2017, 06:22 AM   #3
Whistlefist
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Msport

I think this is a recent release for N55. There are threads about it on the F80/82 forums for the S55 engine M cars. For the price, I think bootmod3 would be a better choice. Especially given the fact that they will be releasing software so the end user can tune their own car. They both have off the shelf map options, but BM3 will also has the option to be able to custom tune yourself which is VERY nice IMO. BM3 I believe also has other OTS maps for ethanol if you should choose to go that route. Not sure if VF will allow this. Looks like they have 2 maps, stage1 and stage2, with possibly 91 or 93 octane?

Of course, there are a lot of people who just want plug and play, and I think you will see similar gains using either if you aren't willing to custom tune the car yourself.

Either way, you are taking your car to get the DME unlocked, or taking out the DME and sending it off for it to be unlocked so factor that into the pricing if it isn't already there as well. Sonic Motorsports in San Jose is authorized dealer for BOTH, so maybe talk to them since that would be most likely where you would get your DME unlocked in the Bay Area. They may have insight into the pros/cons of each since they should be dealing with both regularly
Appreciate 4
ronanz1819.50
Shayan55338.50
FSociety3811.50
      08-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #4
f32alex
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
Not to derail your thread....but...., why would you consider a tune that hasn't returned any researchable data/information? .

the throttle overrun feature is the most beautiful sound you will ever hear haha
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2017, 03:32 PM   #5
f32alex
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistlefist View Post
I think this is a recent release for N55. There are threads about it on the F80/82 forums for the S55 engine M cars. For the price, I think bootmod3 would be a better choice. Especially given the fact that they will be releasing software so the end user can tune their own car. They both have off the shelf map options, but BM3 will also has the option to be able to custom tune yourself which is VERY nice IMO. BM3 I believe also has other OTS maps for ethanol if you should choose to go that route. Not sure if VF will allow this. Looks like they have 2 maps, stage1 and stage2, with possibly 91 or 93 octane?

Of course, there are a lot of people who just want plug and play, and I think you will see similar gains using either if you aren't willing to custom tune the car yourself.

Either way, you are taking your car to get the DME unlocked, or taking out the DME and sending it off for it to be unlocked so factor that into the pricing if it isn't already there as well. Sonic Motorsports in San Jose is authorized dealer for BOTH, so maybe talk to them since that would be most likely where you would get your DME unlocked in the Bay Area. They may have insight into the pros/cons of each since they should be dealing with both regularly
appreciate the useful information, going to give sonic a call.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 11:57 AM   #6
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post

Research-able data:
HEX Tuning for F3X - N55 Thread (click link to jump)
HEX Tuning Dyno Tech Forum Thread (click link to jump)

Our HEX Tuning Software for current model F-series BMW's
(N55 / S55 / S63 / etc...) has made quite the favorable
impression on the current flash tuning market over the past
12 - 18 months, most notably in the F8X S55 market, but also
amongst 3/4-series / M235 / and M2 owners across the country.

Our approach to tuning these vehicles is to provide a turn-key
fully engineered and validated solution, for stock and use with
popular bolt on modifications, all on traditional pump fuel.
(91 & 93 Octane, or higher)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistlefist View Post
They both have off the shelf map options, but BM3 will also has the option to be able to custom tune yourself which is VERY nice IMO. BM3 I believe also has other OTS maps for ethanol if you should choose to go that route. Not sure if VF will allow this. Looks like they have 2 maps, stage1 and stage2, with possibly 91 or 93 octane?
The end result is a product that has what we feel is the best mix
of power + features + reliability that rivals what "custom tuning"
may or may not offer for customer who do not wish to test-n-tune
on their own, or who may not have access to a qualified local tuner.

Make no mistake about it, our "off the shelf" tunes are as custom
as you're going to get without spending day/weeks of your own time
with a qualified tuner who is capable of bespoke tuning at this high
of a level!

Appreciate 0