F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > HPFP on its way out?
ARMA SPEED

09-19-2020, 12:54 AM   #23
ReeseGia
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 435ix M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeseGia View Post
Yes I've never seen knock before. But as you said earlier I'm gonna tone back the e% and see if the timing remains good and the hpfp does better. Eventually I'll probably upgrade it but for now I'll see if I can get good timing and good hpfp psi. I also gotta keep in mind the adaptations these cars are like computers at this point.

I'm also gonna get XHP because I've heard so many people swear by it

Thanks
Note you definitely need to do the adaptation period for XHP. They used to give you a popup at flash time, but basically, after the flash, do about 15 miles of city driving in D/comfort, then do some highway driving for about 15 miles in D and eco and comfort (eco helps with coasting and shifting into neutral), then go into D/sport for a bit to hold rpms up (just a few miles), then S/sport+ and let it rip! The most tangible improvement will be in S/Sport+. I went straight stage 3 and recommend the same for the most tangible difference from stock. There's zero issue for a daily, its very smooth.

Stage 4 is only for track use.
Well that was probably the best money I've spent since the bootmod3 license lmao

Car feels so much better. Didn't launch control yet because I have a question about the settings that maybe you know.

Set launch torque and torque scaling after launch. What should these be set on and what does each do? Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 12:27 PM   #24
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeseGia View Post
Well that was probably the best money I've spent since the bootmod3 license lmao

Car feels so much better. Didn't launch control yet because I have a question about the settings that maybe you know.

Set launch torque and torque scaling after launch. What should these be set on and what does each do? Thanks
I would just read the manual for a full description. Personally, i never use launch control because i am RWD. I used it literally once in my time of ownership and it was on a stock car, and i still got wheelspin. Granted i have better tires now (old ones were S001 summers, now PS4S), but theres no i could use it without spin. I also dont like the idea of extra drivetrain stress.

Anyways i digress. With a Xdrive you can probably increase the LC without traction issues but just be aware of all the load you are going to put on the drivetrain. I would at least give default a shot before increasing anything. When i go from a dig, what i do is basically have left foot gently on the brake (just to prevent car from rolling), floor it, and about 0.5 sec later release brake; i just give it enough time to raise rpm slightly before letting go of the brake, without actually holding the car back. This at least preloads the drivetrain a little and lets you build some boost, and i can launch with little to no spin as RWD.
Appreciate 0