F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding F30 LCI for Halogen to Depo
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-15-2019, 03:47 AM   #1
Mike_R_F30
Enlisted Member
Scotland
5
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 320d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Coding F30 LCI for Halogen to Depo

Hi All,

If you have an F30/F31 LCI (late 2015 onwards) with halogens you can upgrade to Depo or other aftermarket lights. The LCI halogens switch the DRL off with dipped beams so with Depo's this would switch the angel eyes off.

With my previous LCI F30 it was though the only way to get Depo's to work properly was to get the wiring altered to supply a feed from the sidelight to angel eye's using a couple of diode's etc and although this worked fine it could have warranty implications.

I figured out the coding required to keep the angel eyes on with dipped as they should be. It is attached to this post. I have also attached coding I found to dim the angel eyes when indicating but this is more specific to the U.K. in terms of our law's for bulb distance between LED and halogen. Coding for this is also attached.

I no longer own the car I did this coding on so can't check anything but feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Hope this is of use to people who are stuck with the terrible halogens.

First image is the coding to enable the angel eyes with dipped beam, second for the dimming with indicators.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 08:57 PM   #2
combivan
Private
21
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Omg thanks for this. Dimming with indicator is nice touch.
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2020, 08:27 AM   #3
Mike_R_F30
Enlisted Member
Scotland
5
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 320d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by combivan View Post
Omg thanks for this. Dimming with indicator is nice touch.
Nice to know someone has made use of the coding mate
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 02:52 PM   #4
SanderF31
Registered
Belgium
2
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: F31 316D LCI
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Thanks Mike, thanks to you I've changed my halogen headlights to Depo angel eyes headlights with your help on my 2016 LCI F31. Everything works perfect with the coding.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 03:01 PM   #5
Mike_R_F30
Enlisted Member
Scotland
5
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 320d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanderF31 View Post
Thanks Mike, thanks to you I've changed my halogen headlights to Depo angel eyes headlights with your help on my 2016 LCI F31. Everything works perfect with the coding.
Happy to help Sander
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 10:13 AM   #6
daniele.sz
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW F31
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Italy

iTrader: (0)

depo headlamp version

Thank you very much Mike!
I have a F31 LCI LHD with horrible Alogen headlamps and I would like to buy some Angel Eyes headlamps.
I have one question related to your guide.
Are you referring to the PRE-2015 DEPO headlamps? Like the FLXF3031-LHD ?
Thanks in advance!
Daniele
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 11:00 AM   #7
Mike_R_F30
Enlisted Member
Scotland
5
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 320d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniele.sz View Post
Thank you very much Mike!
I have a F31 LCI LHD with horrible Alogen headlamps and I would like to buy some Angel Eyes headlamps.
I have one question related to your guide.
Are you referring to the PRE-2015 DEPO headlamps? Like the FLXF3031-LHD ?
Thanks in advance!
Daniele
Hi Daniele,

Yeah this coding will work for the lights that are for pre-lci specific, it's not the lights that are issue as such it's the way the car electrical system controls them that is different on the LCI models, this coding makes the car work the way it needs to for the angel eyes to stay on at all times rather than switch off the way LCI does for the small LED drl's.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 12:51 PM   #8
daniele.sz
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW F31
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Italy

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_R_F30 View Post
Hi Daniele,

Yeah this coding will work for the lights that are for pre-lci specific, it's not the lights that are issue as such it's the way the car electrical system controls them that is different on the LCI models, this coding makes the car work the way it needs to for the angel eyes to stay on at all times rather than switch off the way LCI does for the small LED drl's.
Thanks for your fast reply!
Do you mean that the connector is the same and the mechanical fixing points are the same (pre LCI and post LCI restyling) ? So... theoretically, except the dimming for small leds and the Angel Eyes off during lamp on, can be mounted as “plug and play”? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 01:15 PM   #9
Mike_R_F30
Enlisted Member
Scotland
5
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 320d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniele.sz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_R_F30 View Post
Hi Daniele,

Yeah this coding will work for the lights that are for pre-lci specific, it's not the lights that are issue as such it's the way the car electrical system controls them that is different on the LCI models, this coding makes the car work the way it needs to for the angel eyes to stay on at all times rather than switch off the way LCI does for the small LED drl's.
Thanks for your fast reply!
Do you mean that the connector is the same and the mechanical fixing points are the same (pre LCI and post LCI restyling) ? So... theoretically, except the dimming for small leds and the Angel Eyes off during lamp on, can be mounted as "plug and play"? Thanks in advance!
Yeah the fixing points and connectors are the same although according to Sander above the LHD loom has a shorter loom that he had to pull through a bit but all connected fine. If you don't code them the angel eyes will switch off when the headlamps go on which will look a bit weird given the OEM lights just dim but the coding above replicates that behaviour.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 02:54 PM   #10
chabzer
Enlisted Member
5
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: F30 318d
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: france

iTrader: (0)

Hello, thanks for this post, I have a 2014 F30 (not LCI) with depo headlights, will this coding work ?

Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 03:06 PM   #11
Mike_R_F30
Enlisted Member
Scotland
5
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 320d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chabzer View Post
Hello, thanks for this post, I have a 2014 F30 (not LCI) with depo headlights, will this coding work ?

Thanks !
Hi Chabzer,

I assume your asking about the dimming while indicating part? I can't be certain it would work on it's own but it should do if you make sure you code all the values in the green column. Either take a note of what you've changed or restore from a backup if it doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 03:11 PM   #12
chabzer
Enlisted Member
5
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: F30 318d
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: france

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_R_F30 View Post
Hi Chabzer,

I assume your asking about the dimming while indicating part? I can't be certain it would work on it's own but it should do if you make sure you code all the values in the green column. Either take a note of what you've changed or restore from a backup if it doesn't work.
Yeah, I'm also talking about keep angel eyes on with high intensity like in DRL mode, cause with dipped headlights, they are in lower intensity.

Thanks for your answer
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 03:18 PM   #13
Mike_R_F30
Enlisted Member
Scotland
5
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 320d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chabzer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_R_F30 View Post
Hi Chabzer,

I assume your asking about the dimming while indicating part? I can't be certain it would work on it's own but it should do if you make sure you code all the values in the green column. Either take a note of what you've changed or restore from a backup if it doesn't work.
Yeah, I'm also talking about keep angel eyes on with high intensity like in DRL mode, cause with dipped headlights, they are in lower intensity.

Thanks for your answer
What are you using to code? BimmerCode has options there to increase the brightness without doing expert coding. If you are doing it in expert mode or with esys try using the hex value 0x64 instead of the 0x32 values I've given as that is 100% or you can use 0x46 for 70% or 0x50 for 75% brightness
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 03:33 PM   #14
chabzer
Enlisted Member
5
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: F30 318d
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: france

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_R_F30 View Post
What are you using to code? BimmerCode has options there to increase the brightness without doing expert coding. If you are doing it in expert mode or with esys try using the hex value 0x64 instead of the 0x32 values I've given as that is 100% or you can use 0x46 for 70% or 0x50 for 75% brightness
I'm using bimmercode yes, but I have Depo so I don't know if brightness value will work as it's just halogen lights for the system
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
coding, depo, f30, f31, lci

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST