F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > F30 N47 fuel system
Extreme Powerhouse

02-12-2024, 07:03 PM   #1
MinivanDan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328d

F30 N47 fuel system

My car has about 195k miles on it and I'm assuming my hpfp went out on it recently. I got a drivetrain malfunction warning and after stopping the car and trying to restart it wouldn't. One of the codes I had was for a fuel rail pressure too low. I've replaced the dde relay, low pressure fuel pump and when replacing the pump I saw glitter in the fuel tank. after checking the fuel pressures I had seen it was incredibly low (like 60 psi). I can only assume it was the hpfp. Now this car doesn't have enough value in it to replace everything brand new so I plan on cleaning what I can (fuel lines, gas tank, injectors, fuel rail) and replacing what needs to be replaced (hpfp, filter).

I'm basically looking for some help, tips and advice. I emptied the gas tank as much as I could and after some research found that I would have to remove the exhaust and the driveshaft to remove the tank and clean it. Is there any other way I might be able to clean it without going that route?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 10:58 PM   #2
SirMeatPants
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328d

Bummer. Definetly going to want to replace or insanely throughly clean every part that touches diesel fuel. All it takes is metal fragments stuck in the system somewhere to be reintroduced to your new pump and your back to square 1 with even more metal contamination.

Bummer TuneMyEuro just went out of business since their 1 micron feed filter would be an excellent part for added insurance or catching any metal hiding in your fuel system. I believe some fellas have made this kit DIY.

Check this thread about WhitBreads cp4 disaster prevention kits.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2084302
Appreciate 0