F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Limp Mode
GetBMWParts

07-27-2021, 10:58 PM   #1
torynmorgan
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW N20 F30

Limp Mode

My 2013 328i has been in limp mode since Sunday, the 27th.

It occurred after hard accelerating up a hill to pass someone.

On map 2 jb4 with FBO if that matters.

Two files with codes have been attached, AFR too lean has always been there as well as the exhaust flap one and catless downpipe one. The codes seem to change every time i scan the car and sometimes none show up at all except the exchaust flapper one.

I am at a complete loss as to what the problem could be and am just looking for some guidance. I am not really sure what information i need to provide so if there’s anything else i should add, please let me know & thank you.

Also, I apologize for horrid formatting as this is my first time using the forum.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 10:34 AM   #2
Rockinryan2424
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 328xi m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by torynmorgan View Post

Two files with codes have been attached, AFR too lean has always been there as well as the exhaust flap one and catless downpipe one. The codes seem to change every time i scan the car and sometimes none show up at all except the exchaust flapper one.

I am at a complete loss as to what the problem could be and am just looking for some guidance. I am not really sure what information i need to provide so if there’s anything else i should add, please let me know & thank you.

Also, I apologize for horrid formatting as this is my first time using the forum.
I know you can't really drive it but clear it run it and see what comes back, low oil pressure one is scary
      07-28-2021, 09:39 PM   #3
Luverse
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by torynmorgan View Post

low oil pressure is something needs to be fix ASAP
it can lead to engine seizure
      07-29-2021, 03:24 PM   #4
jtalweezy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xdrive (B46)

Oil pressure too low. Could be the catalyst for all other codes as the ECU shuts down other systems in the car. (as a non-doctor would say) Id get that looked at.
2017 BMW 330ix MSport Estoril Blue - B46, ER Catless DP, ER Chargepipe, FTP Intake Charge Pipe, BMS Cone Intake, BMS OilCC, Bm3 Stage 2. FI Exhaust, xHP Stage 3 OTS Transmission tune. CSFRace heat exchanger. Performance M Brake kit. AFE Carbon Fiber D.A.S.
https://www.instagram.com/bfourtysick/
Appreciate 0