F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > How to F80 Fender install question
ARMA SPEED

12-30-2017, 11:19 AM   #23
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMiGGs View Post
They were not primed they were just like the picture they show. Unpainted. It does have the vents but not the badge that goes on the plastic vent insert. So yes it has the horizontal vent and the vertical vent you posted
Thanks.

Just to make you aware the BMW M-Performance Side badges were recalled and actually discontinued as the stickers kept peeling off.

There is a thread about this on the F80 forum.

Might want to take a close look at yours prior to installation.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 11:42 AM   #24
SMiGGs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Thanks.

Just to make you aware the BMW M-Performance Side badges were recalled and actually discontinued as the stickers kept peeling off.

There is a thread about this on the F80 forum.

Might want to take a close look at yours prior to installation.
Oh wow I did not know that! Thanks for the heads up. Ima try to come up with a way to secure it on there. I really don’t want to put m3 badges.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 01:49 PM   #25
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They were not primed they were just like the picture they show. Unpainted. It does have the vents but not the badge that goes on the plastic vent insert. So yes it has the horizontal vent and the vertical vent you posted
As the fenders were unpainted, I can only guess they had a crappy aftermarket ecoat on them.

How did you prep?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 05:46 PM   #26
SMiGGs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
As the fenders were unpainted, I can only guess they had a crappy aftermarket ecoat on them.

How did you prep?
I dropped them off the painters, but it did have that aftermarket coating on them. I remember telling my painter they were ready for paint and he said they still needed to be sanded and primed.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 06:45 PM   #27
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I dropped them off the painters, but it did have that aftermarket coating on them. I remember telling my painter they were ready for paint and he said they still needed to be sanded and primed.
Installed?

Pics?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 07:12 AM   #28
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
So here is the request for the fitment with the regular m sport bumper with rep m3 fenders. It’s just like oem. All the gaps are to spec to the passenger side. Bumper isn’t fully bolted in it’s just mounted for the pic but it’s solid.

I didn’t take off the lower skirt you can reach to the two fender bolts if you take off the bottom fender well screws and push pin. Pull it to the side. Turn the wheel to get extra space, and u can get to them with a long extension and 10mm.

Excuse the dirty car. I actually like the fenders with the m sport bumper. If I like the f80 rep bumper better I’ll keep it if not I’ll go back to the msport
Wow I keep coming back to this photo. These fenders look fantastic with the M Sport bumper...
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 10:59 AM   #29
SMiGGs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Installed?

Pics?

its been raining quite a bit, ill try and get some today in the garage for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC328_F30 View Post
Wow I keep coming back to this photo. These fenders look fantastic with the M Sport bumper...
What i like about them, is that they have the same dimensions of the oem fenders, just with the vent designed into them.
Appreciate 1
7iM3less2589.00
      01-09-2018, 12:44 PM   #30
SMiGGs
Private First Class
Rep

First pic is few minutes after whole install.

Second pic is in the garage after installing washer caps. Took the pic this way to show you how the fenders flows with the rest of the body.

Last edited by SMiGGs; 10-30-2018 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2018, 02:59 PM   #31
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-BMW-F80-F82-M3-M4-Fender-Side-vents-grille-emblem-badge-resin-MPerformance/302555835957?redirect=mobile

Whoops sorry lol
Looks Good!

Contacted the eBay seller you listed and after several messages back and forth, came to realize these are only the emblems, not the actual frame they fit on.

Where did you get the actual frames?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 04:23 PM   #32
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Second pic is in the garage after installing washer caps. Took the pic this way to show you how the fenders flows with the rest of the body.
Quote:

I don't care what anyone say this looks fantastic. It totally helps to make the F80 bumper look more integrated with the rest of the front end. The correct hood would just be icing on the cake.

I want a set of these fenders for my car!

Please post some more photos when you get a chance.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 06:05 PM   #33
awmenard
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 320i

Here is my contribution.

The fenders have not been installed in the car yet.

The painter did a shitty job and then winter came along. Ordering some fender flares 40mm and then the car will get wrapped.

My solution to the M badge, just have it deleted for a unique look.

Here are a few pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 07:22 PM   #34
SMiGGs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Looks Good!

Contacted the eBay seller you listed and after several messages back and forth, came to realize these are only the emblems, not the actual frame they fit on.

Where did you get the actual frames?
The vent frames both vertical ( and horizontals - came with the fenders. I then used the link I gave u for the emblems. 😊

Overall with my fender order I got the fenders and plastic framing for the vent, and no emblem. Emblem has to be ordered separately. Emblem will go clipped or stickies on top of the horizontal piece. So the vent is made up of two plastic frames, & the horizontal clips on to the vertical. So in awmenards post you can see he only has the vertical piece and did away with the horizontal piece. However if u don’t use the horizontal piece there is little holes left behind however awemenards body guy must have filled them. Which look pretty cool too!
Attached Images

Last edited by SMiGGs; 01-09-2018 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4486.00
      01-09-2018, 07:38 PM   #35
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The vent frames both vertical ( and horizontals - came with the fenders. I then used the link I gave u for the emblems. 😊

Overall with my fender order I got the fenders and plastic framing for the vent, and no emblem. Emblem has to be ordered separately. Emblem will go clipped or stickies on top of the horizontal piece. So the vent is made up of two plastic frames, & the horizontal clips on to the vertical. So in awmenards post you can see he only has the vertical piece and did away with the horizontal piece. However if u don’t use the horizontal piece there is little holes left behind however awemenards body guy must have filled them. Which look pretty cool too
Yes, I agree that I would keep horizontal pieces.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 07:00 AM   #36
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by awmenard View Post
Here is my contribution.

The painter did a shitty job and then winter came along. Ordering some fender flares 40mm and then the car will get wrapped.

Here are a few pics.
This came out quite well, good idea.

You guys are killing me with these fenders. I'm feeling the need to do some more body work this spring now!

Not an F80 bumper but the fenders would still look great on my M Sport bumper...the stresses of life!

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but this is close to a $1k mod between sourcing fenders, paint and mounting?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 07:01 AM   #37
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Here is my contribution.

Here are a few pics.

You guys are killing me with these fenders. I'm feeling the need to do some more body work this spring now!

I don't have an F80 bumper but the fenders would still look great on my M Sport bumper...the stresses of life!

(Correct me if I'm wrong guys but this is close to a $1k mod between sourcing fenders, paint and mounting?)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 07:07 AM   #38
awmenard
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 320i

Probably close to that, fender are usually 365$, I paid 600 to have them modified and bumper/fender painted.
Appreciate 1
7iM3less2589.00
      01-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #39
SMiGGs
Private First Class
Rep

Got the badges in, not too shabby
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      01-23-2018, 12:07 AM   #40
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Got the badges in, not too shabby
Can you do some additional close ups of the sides showing gaps and fit with hood, doors and bumper?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 12:08 PM   #41
Daggers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '17 F82 M4 Competition

Quote:
Can you do some additional close ups of the sides showing gaps and fit with hood, doors and bumper?
Bump. This please!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 08:59 PM   #42
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggers View Post
Bump. This please!
SMiGGs Seems to have disappeared online.

I really wonder how he managed to get the parts to match his car without blending (especially on Alpine White).

That he disappeared without more pics on fit and other things make me worry somewhat of what I have gotten myself into (not sure about those pics around left headlights).

Just so this is documented in thread, the “3” different sellers on eBay for this item are all the same Company. That’s why that have them all priced the same. All sent out of same warehouse south of Oakland.

As for the vents, I had a M3 and a M4 ordered at a BMW Dealer and found the M3 is too long while the M4 fits perfectly.

So if you purchase these fenders and want to do something different on the side, use the M4 parts/specs.

Quote:
Here is my contribution.

Here are a few pics.
Have you installed yet?

Quote:

I don't have an F80 bumper but the fenders would still look great on my M Sport bumper...the stresses of life!

(Correct me if I'm wrong guys but this is close to a $1k mod between sourcing fenders, paint and mounting?)
I only have 2 places that I will let do any paint work on my car.

Both places gave me almost identical quotes for front bumper, rear bumper and fenders NOT INCLUDING PARTS $2500 ish

If blending is needed on doors due to fenders (yes, they will panel match best they can before painting fenders) adds another $500.

Breaking down the $2500, paint only for fenders $700, and $400 per bumper. There is about 15 additional hours of install time involved in addition. And as stated, another $500 in blending doors if needed.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 03-29-2018 at 09:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 09:10 PM   #43
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Both places gave me almost identical quotes for front bumper, rear bumper and fenders NOT INCLUDING PARTS $2500 ish

If blending is needed on doors due to fenders (yes, they will panel match best they can before painting fenders) adds another $500.

Breaking down the $2500, paint only for fenders $700, and $400 per bumper. There is about 15 additional hours of install time involved in addition. And as stated, another $500 in blending doors if needed.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 11:02 PM   #44
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:

Thats a lot of money for 2 fenders.. Lol

But yes it sounds like what I was told asking one shop. $3500 CAD to paint because it would need blending with hood and doors. I love the fenders but I don't love it enough for that much.
Appreciate 0