F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bav Sound replace H/K review
Extreme Powerhouse

01-14-2021, 06:25 PM   #1
jjhebigscreen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60

Bav Sound replace H/K review

I have replaced my h/K system with Bav Sound. 16 Speakers! Speaker quality is much better. Magnets are much larger.

The tweeters are brighter with out being shrill. The mid range drivers are dramatically better. The ghost subwoofers are better. Overall, when I to turn it up to 45% volume ( loud but not crazy) I feel the instruments in my chest and body. They sound extremely clean. In fact you can turn it up really loud 55% volume and its virtually just as clean with no detectable distortion. At normal listening levels 35% volume I still feel the instruments in my chest. Very nice.

From low frequencies right up to high frequencies this system is well balanced. I'm not an audiophile. I just wanted slighter better sound. This system is plug and play . What I got was much better sound. I think very well money spent for all the time I'm listening to music in my car. The only negative is the system is a tiny bit thin on bass For me turning up the bass by just one notch solved most of that.
Appreciate 1
bigdnno98288.00
      01-16-2021, 01:25 PM   #2
skyactiv0
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhebigscreen View Post
I have replaced my h/K system with Bav Sound. 16 Speakers! Speaker quality is much better. Magnets are much larger.

The tweeters are brighter with out being shrill. The mid range drivers are dramatically better. The ghost subwoofers are better. Overall, when I to turn it up to 45% volume ( loud but not crazy) I feel the instruments in my chest and body. They sound extremely clean. In fact you can turn it up really loud 55% volume and its virtually just as clean with no detectable distortion. At normal listening levels 35% volume I still feel the instruments in my chest. Very nice.

From low frequencies right up to high frequencies this system is well balanced. I'm not an audiophile. I just wanted slighter better sound. This system is plug and play . What I got was much better sound. I think very well money spent for all the time I'm listening to music in my car. The only negative is the system is a tiny bit thin on bass For me turning up the bass by just one notch solved most of that.
Do you have a link or model number for this system? I'm curious to look into it.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 04:10 PM   #3
jjhebigscreen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyactiv0 View Post
Do you have a link or model number for this system? I'm curious to look into it.
www.bavsound.com
Appreciate 0