F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > how to get maximum camber
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-27-2019, 03:01 AM   #1
madriz
New Member
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 440i f32
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: spain

iTrader: (0)

how to get maximum camber

How is the way to get more camber without putting plates or putting F80 Lca? (I don't want wheel deflection towards the fin)


I do not want annoying noises, I prefer to have less camber, but I would like to increase it more than 0.5 degrees of the powerflex silentblocks
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 08:48 AM   #2
Jvac
Private First Class
30
Rep
142
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i rwd
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Usa

iTrader: (0)

Assuming you don't want camber plates,

There are OEM hub replacements that add 0.5 deg

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1643061

Also could replace the stock control arm with the m3/m4 control arm which adds 0.5 if you are rwd. XDrive not compatible
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 08:59 AM   #3
madriz
New Member
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 440i f32
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: spain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvac View Post
Assuming you don't want camber plates,

There are OEM hub replacements that add 0.5 deg

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1643061

Also could replace the stock control arm with the m3/m4 control arm which adds 0.5 if you are rwd. XDrive not compatible


but the arms M3, join the wheel with the fin right? and there is a possibility of friction.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 10:59 AM   #4
Jvac
Private First Class
30
Rep
142
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i rwd
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Usa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madriz View Post
but the arms M3, join the wheel with the fin right? and there is a possibility of friction.
Adding the m3 lower control arms alone shouldn't cause any issues, but you will need an alignment and there is also a headlight leveling joint that needs to be replaced with it. They are sold together as a kit on Turner motorsports. There's a long thread on the project here
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1090804
Rwd only, no xDrive cars. Can't tell what you have

Last edited by Jvac; 08-27-2019 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 04:04 AM   #5
madriz
New Member
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 440i f32
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: spain

iTrader: (0)

Sorry, my car is a 440i rwd
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 08:09 AM   #6
Eschmacher
Car Hypochondriac
115
Rep
418
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport Estoril Blue
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Sterling, VA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Check out the kmac camber bushings. Most people seem to get close to -2 degrees.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 11:36 AM   #7
madriz
New Member
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 440i f32
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: spain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschmacher View Post
Check out the kmac camber bushings. Most people seem to get close to -2 degrees.

Is it possible to buy Kmac in Europe?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 01:27 PM   #8
FaRKle!
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
1023
Rep
1,547
Posts

Drives: '17 328d Sport Wagon
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madriz View Post
Is it possible to buy Kmac in Europe?
You can order them direct from KMAC in Australia. That's what some of us in the USA have done.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 06:22 PM   #9
madriz
New Member
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 440i f32
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: spain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
You can order them direct from KMAC in Australia. That's what some of us in the USA have done.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 07:45 PM   #10
LilTurboLag
New Member
5
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i Xdrive Sedan
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Central Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvac View Post
Assuming you don't want camber plates,

There are OEM hub replacements that add 0.5 deg

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1643061

Also could replace the stock control arm with the m3/m4 control arm which adds 0.5 if you are rwd. XDrive not compatible
Since Iím hearing horror stories about swapping bushings on X-drive vehicles who makes decent camber plates? And is that any safer on the axles?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 05:12 AM   #11
shawrf1
Private First Class
shawrf1's Avatar
United_States
52
Rep
182
Posts

Drives: '14 AW F31
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (1)

Just installed these prototype Millway camber plates on my F31 X-Drive... they use the factory plastic bearings just as their standard camber plates, but these prototypes added polyurethane bushings to address the chatter produced by typical camber plates.

Bearing (pun intended) in mind that I have zero experience with camber plates, my initial impression is that there is very faint chatter that can be heard at low speed, but at speeds over 15mph - nothing.

More to follow in another post: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=22
Attached Images
 

Last edited by shawrf1; 09-03-2019 at 05:55 AM..
Appreciate 1
FaRKle!1022.50

      10-08-2019, 03:24 PM   #12
madriz
New Member
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 440i f32
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: spain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawrf1 View Post
Just installed these prototype Millway camber plates on my F31 X-Drive... they use the factory plastic bearings just as their standard camber plates, but these prototypes added polyurethane bushings to address the chatter produced by typical camber plates.

Bearing (pun intended) in mind that I have zero experience with camber plates, my initial impression is that there is very faint chatter that can be heard at low speed, but at speeds over 15mph - nothing.

More to follow in another post: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=22

after this time, how are the noises going?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST