F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Cryptocurrency
ARMA SPEED

12-23-2020, 05:06 AM   #683
Abrek
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY18 435d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytejunkie View Post
stil got my xrp and ethereum, but took a profit a while back on the btc and was waiting for it to drop to a sensible price to go back in. what do i know1!!
I hope you managed to sell your XRP, if not I suggest you do it will be out of top 20 in no time.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 06:08 AM   #684
Zippeh
Captain
Wales
Rep
Drives: F30 330D M Sport xDrive

i still have a load of XRP - hadn't checked it for a few days, bit of a shock this morning
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 10:17 AM   #685
bytejunkie
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrek View Post
I hope you managed to sell your XRP, if not I suggest you do it will be out of top 20 in no time.
i got out just above where i bought it, but ive messed up with the trade and put it into BTT by accident!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 10:19 AM   #686
bytejunkie
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyamigo View Post
Glad I sold my XRP last month, it's taken a right tanking the last few days due to the lawsuit. Maybe time to buy back in?
deepends how low you think it'll go? I'm told 10c maybe the bottom. i dont know jack though.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 10:36 AM   #687
saltyamigo
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytejunkie View Post
deepends how low you think it'll go? I'm told 10c maybe the bottom. i dont know jack though.
No idea either, it had bottomed out at 30 when I posted that and seems to have stabilised slightly above for today anyway. It seemed decent when it was around 65 a week ago, but could easy go down further.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 10:37 AM   #688
Abrek
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So with ALTs season starting does anyone has any tips for low cap gems?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 10:12 AM   #689
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M4 CP/F31 340i/Lotus Exige V6

So who else is still holding Bitcoin right now?

I bought some a while back, and the current price is now well over $41k... can't possibly last!

I didn't put a lot in, but I don't half wish I had.
      01-08-2021, 10:27 AM   #690
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post

I bought some a while back, and the current price is now well over $41k... can't possibly last!

It's completely proved the many naysayers wrong.

However, as a yaysayer, I'm a bit miffed that I exited at various points in 2019 and 2020, in favour of more trad markets.

I traded quite actively through 2017-early 2020 and did alright through the swings. However, at one point early summer 2019 I had 2.2 bitcoins. And I can tell you that I made nothing like $80k in profit. At least I dodged the CGT.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 10:30 AM   #691
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Ps. Can't possibly last... I wouldn't be too surprised to see a peak in the $60-80k zone. That's always where I felt it was going in the next bull run. But I've stopped analysing it since last spring.

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 10:39 AM   #692
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M4 CP/F31 340i/Lotus Exige V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Ps. Can't possibly last... I wouldn't be too surprised to see a peak in the $60-80k zone. That's always where I felt it was going in the next bull run. But I've stopped analysing it since last spring.
I think will be happy to let it ride. I am sure it will come way back down, but to a base that is consierably higher than a month ago. It was pocket money years ago, so it's not needed for anything really, may as well enjoy the game. If it does come back down then I will probably buy more at that point. I do think it is here for the long term now, and with the mining rate having come down at a time when it's going "mainstream" then the price has got lots of upside potential.

Tesla shares are the other ridiculous one. I read something the other day that siad Tesla was now valued at $1.5M for every car that it made last year or something quite patently crazy like that
      01-08-2021, 10:45 AM   #693
isleaiw1
Major General
Rep
Drives: RS4 / Mini Cooper 5 door

Quote:
I think will be happy to let it ride. I am sure it will come way back down, but to a base that is consierably higher than a month ago. It was pocket money years ago, so it's not needed for anything really, may as well enjoy the game. If it does come back down then I will probably buy more at that point. I do think it is here for the long term now, and with the mining rate having come down at a time when it's going "mainstream" then the price has got lots of upside potential.

Tesla shares are the other ridiculous one. I read something the other day that siad Tesla was now valued at $1.5M for every car that it made last year or something quite patently crazy like that
Is Tesla now not more valuable than all of the other car makers put together or something stupid.....? which of course will mean that no one buys it for the tech and network - which may be a good thing if you drive a Tesla and less so if you were hoping one of the big boys would buy them and improve the quality side to match the tech....

As for crypto, I remember somebody telling me never to invest in something I didnt understand..... mind, I was also told we shouldnt have to buy shares in a company we already owned (privatisations of the Thatcher era) and look what that did for me!
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2021, 11:11 AM   #694
saltyamigo
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Ethereum and Bitcoin more than doubled in the last month, and quadrupled in the last 3 months. I'm regretting selling up a couple of months ago, but I didn't have much invested so it's no disaster and XRP was my biggest earner and its now less than half of what I sold it for. The gains can be fantastic but I don't think I would get much sleep at night if I had a lot of my money invested in cryptos the way they are so volatile.

Tesla share price is crazy too, if you bought during the dip at lockdown you would have multiplied your money 10 fold in around 9 months. You keep thinking the bubble must burst but it keeps gaining strongly, up 8% today.

Last edited by saltyamigo; 01-08-2021 at 11:50 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2021, 11:12 AM   #695
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post

I agree, it will come back down to a higher base and then the accumulation game begins again prior to the next bull run.

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 12:53 PM   #696
Abrek
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyamigo View Post
Ethereum and Bitcoin more than doubled in the last month, and quadrupled in the last 3 months. I'm regretting selling up a couple of months ago, but I didn't have much invested so it's no disaster and XRP was my biggest earner and its now less than half of what I sold it for. The gains can be fantastic but I don't think I would get much sleep at night if I had a lot of my money invested in cryptos the way they are so volatile.

Tesla share price is crazy too, if you bought during the dip at lockdown you would have multiplied your money 10 fold in around 9 months. You keep thinking the bubble must burst but it keeps gaining strongly, up 8% today.
I'm up 600% in the last 3 months and now have enough for brand new m3 instead of 7 years old 320d but greed is strong, so will let it ride for a few weeks more. I think everyone is expecting pull back and I think it's needed for healthy market but there is no question about it that crypto will overtake gold as preferred @store of value" instrument. Let me remind everyone that crypto market is valued at only $1tn and gold is over $10tn.
Appreciate 2
      01-11-2021, 04:59 AM   #697
saltyamigo
Captain
No_Country
Rep

You could well be right but gold has a long history of being a safe and sound investment, bitcoin value has been very much boom and bust in its short lifetime, regularly going up or down 10% - 20% in one day which all the crypto's do.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 05:10 AM   #698
isleaiw1
Major General
Rep
Drives: RS4 / Mini Cooper 5 door

Quote:
I'm up 600% in the last 3 months and now have enough for brand new m3 instead of 7 years old 320d but greed is strong, so will let it ride for a few weeks more. I think everyone is expecting pull back and I think it's needed for healthy market but there is no question about it that crypto will overtake gold as preferred @store of value" instrument. Let me remind everyone that crypto market is valued at only $1tn and gold is over $10tn.
I'd be getting out at that, banking my profit and looking back to buy in when the price settles back a bit, but only the original investment.....

Actually, I wouldnt, I'd never be in crypto as I dont understand it and how it can have any value.....
Appreciate 2
Abrek88.50

01-11-2021, 05:19 AM   #699
aquazi
Major
Rep
Drives: 18 M4C

I bought some shares in Argo Block chain last month - todays drop has droped it just under 1000% up! the quicker the rise the harder they fall.. however i still think it has more legs now the likes of paypal are buying BTC up.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 09:31 AM   #700
bytejunkie
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

the correction is happening with all 8 of the coins i watch dropping overnight. when are we all getting back into XRP? lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 02:58 AM   #701
Abrek
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddamoo View Post
Quote:
Absolutely, some excellent gains this year. Pretty sure more to come from ETH. I'm heavily invested in CoinMetro.com through their convertible bond paying 8%/11% annually and their alt coin xcm. Great things expected from the team - fully regulated with GBP, EUR and USD support.
Great to see another Metroid Another +1 here for CoinMetro. Although its not seen as much 'pump' and traction of the rest to date, there is no doubt it has an incredible founder and team which I have great confidence in.
So what do you think about recent price jump in CoinMetro coin? It was crazy waiting for two years only for it to do 500% in two week. I must admit I sold some of it and cashed in.

By the way if anyone looking to dip their toes in to crypto. CoinMetro, fully regulated EU based exchange has a promo on for some free crypto if you sign up and pass KYC.

https://coinmetro.com/?ref=bonus5
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 04:39 AM   #702
Eddamoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 430dX

Quote:
So what do you think about recent price jump in CoinMetro coin? It was crazy waiting for two years only for it to do 500% in two week. I must admit I sold some of it and cashed in.

By the way if anyone looking to dip their toes in to crypto. CoinMetro, fully regulated EU based exchange has a promo on for some free crypto if you sign up and pass KYC.

haha interestingly, my reflink is "bonus"! Great Minds!

Im still all in - just short 7 figs. I personally think it was a long time coming. I was in since 5c at ICO and have bought bits and bobs over time. I think seen every AMA and helped their team out where I can.

I've asked Kevin some difficult questions over the years and he deals with them like a true professional with sometimes alarming transparency. Quite unprecedented imho.

Ive always thought of it as an all-or-nothing investment so only thrown in relatively small amounts due to the risk. Call it a gamble, but i honestly think i'd cope better losing the lot rather than taking it out and seeing it 5-10x gain afterwards! Where to get out i have no idea, but its certainly teaching me a little about my own psychology to loss and gain.

Whats your strategy going forward?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 05:58 AM   #703
Abrek
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Im still all in - just short 7 figs. I personally think it was a long time coming. I was in since 5c at ICO and have bought bits and bobs over time. I think seen every AMA and helped their team out where I can.

I've asked Kevin some difficult questions over the years and he deals with them like a true professional with sometimes alarming transparency. Quite unprecedented imho.

Ive always thought of it as an all-or-nothing investment so only thrown in relatively small amounts due to the risk. Call it a gamble, but i honestly think i'd cope better losing the lot rather than taking it out and seeing it 5-10x gain afterwards! Where to get out i have no idea, but its certainly teaching me a little about my own psychology to loss and gain.

Quote:
Quote:

7 figures? wow! I had 270k down to 100k plus a few £000 in the bond. Probably will keep that until the next bull run in 5-7 years...now that I got my initial investment and a bit of profit back I can relax a bit and take it easy. Won't be throwing any more money in it while we are in full on bull market, learned a hard way in 2018.... but glad I stuck with it and made some money in the process!

As for Kevin, you are right, some people always say you should invest in to people and not companies...and he is the great example of that!

By the way, what is your TG tag? I just wonder if you are the one I always keep having arguments with ?...
Appreciate 0