F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Help installing Roadtop MMI NBT EVO
proTUNING Freaks

07-24-2021, 11:46 AM   #1
donkim
Rep
Drives: 230i

Help installing Roadtop MMI NBT EVO

In the final steps of installing the kit and I'm having difficulty getting the i drive screen back in place. (This is a 230i model I've also posted there but seems to be more traffic on the 3 series page.). The cable supplied by Roadtop that goes from the mmi box to the screen has a right angle connector but it does not face down, but to the right. There does not appear to be any space for it to fit properly with the new cable installed. The other end is a straight connector so I don't believe it would fit if I reversed it. Am I missing something, or did I receive the wrong cable?
Thx, Don
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 04:50 PM   #2
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkim View Post
In the final steps of installing the kit and I'm having difficulty getting the i drive screen back in place. (This is a 230i model I've also posted there but seems to be more traffic on the 3 series page.). The cable supplied by Roadtop that goes from the mmi box to the screen has a right angle connector but it does not face down, but to the right. There does not appear to be any space for it to fit properly with the new cable installed. The other end is a straight connector so I don't believe it would fit if I reversed it. Am I missing something, or did I receive the wrong cable?
Thx, Don
the cid cable included in the mmi box plugs into the back of the screen and the original cable from the screen plugs into the mmi box.

just make sure to use the new cid cable into back of screen.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 08:09 AM   #3
donkim
Rep

Yep I'm trying to use the cable that came with the mmi kit to go from the screen to the mmi box but the angle connector faces right vs down.
Don
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 07:19 PM   #4
ragenitro6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i pre LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkim View Post
Yep I'm trying to use the cable that came with the mmi kit to go from the screen to the mmi box but the angle connector faces right vs down.
Don
Look on youtube
I think there are some videos that show some cables need to be rotated
Not sure if this applies to what is happening with you but I recall seeing that on a video or two with some display cables I think
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 07:19 AM   #5
donkim
Rep

I wondered about if the angled end of the lvds cable could be rotated but I don't see how it can be done. The company has responded and I sent pix but unfortunately the car is not drive-able as is. Guess I'll disconnect the mmi box, we have some great top down weather here this week.
Don
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 07:11 PM   #6
donkim
Rep

Update- Roadtop promptly sent out the correct cable and the front & rear cameras are working well which is the primary reason for installing the MMI box. The dynamic guide lines are a nice feature, thought I might have to code them but there's a setting to turn on/off from the mmi setup screen. Will work on pairing my Samsung S10 when I have some more time.
Don
Appreciate 0