F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Questions about M Performance Brakes
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-09-2020, 03:04 PM   #1
SD Convert
Enlisted Member
United_States
14
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2017 430i convertible
Join Date: May 2020
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Questions about M Performance Brakes

I've got a 2017 430i convertible with base brakes (312/300 rotors) that I purchased after it was returned from a lease. The rear rotors have been overheated at some point in their life. I'm considering upgrading to the M Performance brakes. My research has generated a few questions:
  1. I have the 18" staggered wheels. Will the performance brakes fit inside them? Having just installed new tires, I'm not interesting in upgrading to 19" wheels at this time.
  2. The kits all have red/orange/yellow calipers, but I'd prefer blue. Is there a car that had the 370/345 rotors?
  3. I've done some ebay searches, but none of the vendors list the rotor diameter with their so-called M Sport or M Performance calipers or sets. How can I determine if these are the right calipers for the 370/345 conversion?
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 04:50 PM   #2
Logicoeur
Major
Logicoeur's Avatar
509
Rep
1,316
Posts

Drives: F30 335i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Convert View Post
I've got a 2017 430i convertible with base brakes (312/300 rotors) that I purchased after it was returned from a lease. The rear rotors have been overheated at some point in their life. I'm considering upgrading to the M Performance brakes. My research has generated a few questions:
  1. I have the 18" staggered wheels. Will the performance brakes fit inside them? Having just installed new tires, I'm not interesting in upgrading to 19" wheels at this time.
  2. The kits all have red/orange/yellow calipers, but I'd prefer blue. Is there a car that had the 370/345 rotors?
  3. I've done some ebay searches, but none of the vendors list the rotor diameter with their so-called M Sport or M Performance calipers or sets. How can I determine if these are the right calipers for the 370/345 conversion?
Thanks in advance.
All these questions can be answered with a quick search.

They fit under 18s.

All F3xs can fit them in 370/345.

Theres a stamp on the back. Or ask for a part number.
__________________
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | 18X9 ET32 19lb TR-1 255/40/18 | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2020, 09:28 AM   #3
BMW DIY Guy
Lieutenant Colonel
1013
Rep
1,765
Posts

Drives: 2014 435i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Maple Valley WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Convert View Post
I've got a 2017 430i convertible with base brakes (312/300 rotors) that I purchased after it was returned from a lease. The rear rotors have been overheated at some point in their life. I'm considering upgrading to the M Performance brakes. My research has generated a few questions:
  1. I have the 18" staggered wheels. Will the performance brakes fit inside them? Having just installed new tires, I'm not interesting in upgrading to 19" wheels at this time.
  2. The kits all have red/orange/yellow calipers, but I'd prefer blue. Is there a car that had the 370/345 rotors?
  3. I've done some ebay searches, but none of the vendors list the rotor diameter with their so-called M Sport or M Performance calipers or sets. How can I determine if these are the right calipers for the 370/345 conversion?
Thanks in advance.
I have all the info you need up on my DIY video on this exact conversion! I went from the "grey" brakes on my 435i, to the M sport/performance and larger rotors. 8)

__________________
Check out my BMW DIY Channel on YouTube! F32, F80, E39, E46, E53, and E83 projects from Active Autowerke, TuningTechFS, Kies Motorsports, AvinUSA, Karbonius Composites and more!
** YouTube BMW DIY Guy ** ** Facebook BMW DIY Guy **
'Furiosa' F32 Build Thread
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2020, 09:34 PM   #4
SD Convert
Enlisted Member
United_States
14
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2017 430i convertible
Join Date: May 2020
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
All these questions can be answered with a quick search.

They fit under 18s.

Theres a stamp on the back. Or ask for a part number.
I did a quick search. Obviously a bit too quick.

Thanks for reminding me of the casting. That's probably the best way to verify rotor size on used calipers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
I have all the info you need up on my DIY video on this exact conversion! I went from the "grey" brakes on my 435i, to the M sport/performance and larger rotors. 8)
I've seen that video previously. Good job, but it focuses on the implementation, while I'm currently focusing on parts, preparation and compatibility.
Appreciate 1
      09-07-2020, 09:07 PM   #5
SD Convert
Enlisted Member
United_States
14
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2017 430i convertible
Join Date: May 2020
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Progress.

I picked up drilled Stop Tech 370/30 & 345/24 rotors, Stop Tech SS brake lines and Hawk 5.0 pads. I also found a set of M4 calipers on eBay in near-perfect condition. All of it arrived this past week, and I had time today to verify fit.

I've got about 1/4" clearance between the caliper and the rim. Thanks to the post above, I was expecting this, but it's good to see it with my own eyes

Now I've got to put together the small parts order. (includes the shields) I should be able to get these installed in two weeks (shipment won't arrive this week).

Thanks to the assistance above, and elsewhere on this Forum, I'm well on my way to having some good brakes.

I'll be reviewing the DIY Guy brake video again, just to be sure I've got the plan down. It's a LOT easier to do a job right once than to do it wrong, THEN do it right

Last edited by SD Convert; 10-07-2020 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 03:53 AM   #6
N420i
Private First Class
59
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: 2016 420i lightly modded
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Madrid

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Convert View Post
Progress.

I picked up drilled Stop Tech 370/30 & 345/24 rotors, Stop Tech SS brake lines and Hawk 5.0 pads. I also found a set of M4 calipers on eBay in near-perfect condition. All of it arrived this past week, and I had time today to verify fit.

I've got about 1/4" clearance between the caliper and the rim. Thanks to the post above, I was expecting this, but it's good to see this with my own eyes

Now I've got to put together the small parts order. (includes the shields) I should be able to get these installed in two weeks (shipment won't arrive this week).

Thanks to the assistance above, and elsewhere on this Forum, I'm well on my way to having some good brakes.

I'll be reviewing the DIY Guy brake video again, just to be sure I've got the plan down. It's a LOT easier to do a job right once than to do it wrong, THEN do it right
IIRC M4 calipers wont bolt onto F3x spindles, you need the M4 spindles for that. Along with the M4 discs.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 06:34 AM   #7
Snoopy8
Private
Snoopy8's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
75
Posts

Drives: 2014 bmw328i xdrive
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Convert View Post
Progress.

I picked up drilled Stop Tech 370/30 & 345/24 rotors, Stop Tech SS brake lines and Hawk 5.0 pads. I also found a set of M4 calipers on eBay in near-perfect condition. All of it arrived this past week, and I had time today to verify fit.

I've got about 1/4" clearance between the caliper and the rim. Thanks to the post above, I was expecting this, but it's good to see this with my own eyes

Now I've got to put together the small parts order. (includes the shields) I should be able to get these installed in two weeks (shipment won't arrive this week).

Thanks to the assistance above, and elsewhere on this Forum, I'm well on my way to having some good brakes.

I'll be reviewing the DIY Guy brake video again, just to be sure I've got the plan down. It's a LOT easier to do a job right once than to do it wrong, THEN do it right
I did the same upgrade on my 2014 f31 and i would just say that the shields on the rear is a pain to replace. You would have to remove the wheel bearing in order to replace the shields for it will grind on to the rotor. The fronts are pretty simple. I had to bring it to the shop to have them remove and install the rear sheilds coz i dont have the right tools to remove the bearing.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 09:18 AM   #8
Logicoeur
Major
Logicoeur's Avatar
509
Rep
1,316
Posts

Drives: F30 335i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N420i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Convert View Post
Progress.

I picked up drilled Stop Tech 370/30 & 345/24 rotors, Stop Tech SS brake lines and Hawk 5.0 pads. I also found a set of M4 calipers on eBay in near-perfect condition. All of it arrived this past week, and I had time today to verify fit.

I've got about 1/4" clearance between the caliper and the rim. Thanks to the post above, I was expecting this, but it's good to see this with my own eyes

Now I've got to put together the small parts order. (includes the shields) I should be able to get these installed in two weeks (shipment won't arrive this week).

Thanks to the assistance above, and elsewhere on this Forum, I'm well on my way to having some good brakes.

I'll be reviewing the DIY Guy brake video again, just to be sure I've got the plan down. It's a LOT easier to do a job right once than to do it wrong, THEN do it right
IIRC M4 calipers wont bolt onto F3x spindles, you need the M4 spindles for that. Along with the M4 discs.
M2/3/4 calipers that are paired with 380mm rotors are the very same part number as Mperformance/Msport calipers on the F30 that are mounted with 370mm rotors. No spindle swap is needed. The back of the calipers are always stamped with 370/380. This is well documented.
__________________
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | 18X9 ET32 19lb TR-1 255/40/18 | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 10:42 AM   #9
cfm56d7b
Major General
United_States
2446
Rep
6,032
Posts

Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (2)

SD Convert, what wheels does your car have: OEM / non OEM, BMW style number if OEM, size?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 01:35 PM   #10
SD Convert
Enlisted Member
United_States
14
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2017 430i convertible
Join Date: May 2020
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N420i View Post
IIRC M4 calipers wont bolt onto F3x spindles, you need the M4 spindles for that. Along with the M4 discs.
On the front, everything bolts up as though it was designed to (I expect it was ). No problems at all. I used 370x30 rotors, not the 380x30 rotors from the M3/4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
M2/3/4 calipers that are paired with 380mm rotors are the very same part number as Mperformance/Msport calipers on the F30 that are mounted with 370mm rotors. No spindle swap is needed. The back of the calipers are always stamped with 370/380. This is well documented.
That's why I was fairly certain that these were the correct calipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
SD Convert, what wheels does your car have: OEM / non OEM, BMW style number if OEM, size?
BMW OEM Staggered 18" from a 2016 320i (I had the dealer move the wheels & tires when I upgraded). I don't know where to find the style number. I'll post before and after pictures; maybe that will help.

I also created a detailed "small parts" list that some might find useful. I'll post that when complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy8 View Post
I did the same upgrade on my 2014 f31 and i would just say that the shields on the rear is a pain to replace. You would have to remove the wheel bearing in order to replace the shields for it will grind on to the rotor. The fronts are pretty simple. I had to bring it to the shop to have them remove and install the rear sheilds coz i dont have the right tools to remove the bearing.
I expect I have (or have access to) what I need for this. I only did a fit check on the front shields (stock too small, being replaced) and wheels (tight fit, but acceptable).

The rear shields are large enough to protect the rotor. If they get in the way, I'll trim them (replace later).
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 02:53 PM   #11
brigade24
Private First Class
brigade24's Avatar
Canada
57
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 2013 335 X-dive
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy8 View Post
I did the same upgrade on my 2014 f31 and i would just say that the shields on the rear is a pain to replace. You would have to remove the wheel bearing in order to replace the shields for it will grind on to the rotor. The fronts are pretty simple. I had to bring it to the shop to have them remove and install the rear sheilds coz i dont have the right tools to remove the bearing.

uhm, i did the rear 345 rotor twin piston setup on my f30...there's no need to replace the shield. Just bend it back a bit with pliers...it took like an hour to do
both sides. its painful but cheap.

Ive also replaced the sealed bearings (twice) on my F30 and you are 100% correct...total pain in the arse. at least i have the tools but damn...and if you make a mistake, you'll need a new bearing. please don't ask me how know...im still mad about it.
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2020, 09:11 AM   #12
435i_Phil
First Lieutenant
435i_Phil's Avatar
United_States
95
Rep
330
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 435i Xdrive Sportline
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Greater Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW 435XI  [0.00]
2009 Honda Civic  [0.00]
I'm having the yellow M Performance brakes installed on my 435i this Friday; the brakes are worth it, if you plan on making big power down the road. I'm not sure what you are going for, but to justify around $2500 for looks alone is a subjective matter.
__________________
2015 435i Xdrive (The Machine)
Stanced 8th Gen Honda Civic (The daily) Instagram: f32_phil
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 03:08 PM   #13
SD Convert
Enlisted Member
United_States
14
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2017 430i convertible
Join Date: May 2020
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy8 View Post
I did the same upgrade on my 2014 f31 and i would just say that the shields on the rear is a pain to replace. You would have to remove the wheel bearing in order to replace the shields for it will grind on to the rotor. The fronts are pretty simple. I had to bring it to the shop to have them remove and install the rear sheilds coz i dont have the right tools to remove the bearing.
I did some research on this. It appears that the rear brake shield used on the donor vehicle has the same part number as is listed for my car (data from GetBMWParts.com). I think this will be fine.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 01:51 PM   #14
SD Convert
Enlisted Member
United_States
14
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2017 430i convertible
Join Date: May 2020
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

The brake fluid in my front calipers was almost clear, but the fluid in the rears was a deep yellow. I ordered the parts to rebuild the calipers (seals and boots), and they were shipped via DHL Packet (claims "Delivery next day!" - at 69,00 € it should be) on the 10th, but I haven't seen any tracking updates since the 14th. I guess I'll need to flush the calipers out well and hope for the best.

Is there anyplace on this site to "reward" those companies that deliver abysmal service? If there is, who do I contact to add https://www.racing-professionals.de/ to the list?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 10:53 PM   #15
SD Convert
Enlisted Member
United_States
14
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2017 430i convertible
Join Date: May 2020
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Here's the final parts list.

Calipers - I believe that any of these will work with 370/345mm rotors. For the front calipers, please verify the rotor size cast in the caliper prior to purchase. I believe that all of the rear 2-piston calipers are for 345mm rotors.
  • Stock calipers from an M3 or M4
  • M-Sport calipers from a 335, 340, 435 or 440.
Common Parts
  • Bleeder screw – BMW 34-11-6-780-509
  • Bleeder cap – BMW 34-11-6-780-508
  • Rotor bolt – BMW 34-21-1-161-806
  • Seal conditioning fluid (for pressure seals) – Brembo 04.8164.90
Front
  • Backing plate – Left – BMW 34-11-6-872-081
  • Backing plate – Right – BMW 34-11-6-872-082
  • Disk brake pad pin (2 per caliper) – BMW 34-11-6-850-934
  • Anti-rattle clip – BMW 34-11-6-862-801
  • Wear sensor– BMW 34-35-6-792-289
  • Pads – Hawk HB765B.664
  • Rotors (370x30 cross-drilled) – Stop Tech 128.34144L/R
  • Brake lines – Stop Tech 950.34032
  • Carrier/Caliper bolt – BMW 34-10-6-864-424
  • Boot (40mm – 4 per caliper) – Brembo 20.4872.46
  • Pressure seal (40mm – 4 per caliper) – Brembo 05.5955.58 (8-pack 105.7224.46 or 105.5955.58)
Rear
  • Backing plate – Left – BMW 34-21-6-792-243
  • Backing plate – Right – BMW 34-21-6-792-244
  • Disk brake pad pin (2 per caliper) – BMW 34-21-8-046-255
  • Anti-rattle clip – BMW 34-21-6-857-151
  • Wear sensor– BMW 34-35-6-792-292
  • Pads – Hawk HB766B.624
  • Rotors (345x24 cross-drilled – 185mm parking brake) – Stop Tech 128-34147L/R
  • Brake lines – Stop Tech 950.34531
  • Carrier/Caliper bolt – BMW 34-20-6-850-536
  • Boot (44mm – 2 per caliper) – Brembo 20.4872.48
  • Pressure seal (44mm – 2 per caliper) – Brembo 05.5955.60 (8-pack 105.7224.48 or 105.5955.60)
Feel free to substitute rotors and pads of your choice.

NOTE: Brembo makes it difficult to purchase the pressure seals. I've found a few vendors for these:
  • Porterfield Brakes (https://www.porterfield-brakes.com) - This vendor is in southern California. Enter the part number without the dots.
  • Hayward Racing Brakes (http://www.hayworthracingbrakes.com/) - This vendor is in North Carolina. They specialize in rebuilding brake calipers, but have access to the parts needed. No web sales.
  • Overnight Parts From Japan (https://www.onpfj.com/) - This vendor is in Japan.
  • AG Racing (https://www.racing-professionals.de/) - This vendor is in Germany. These people are as crooked as a dog's hind leg, and are only being included here for completeness. I would ONLY consider using this vendor if I were in the EU. Be VERY wary of their overpriced slow shipping.

StopTech also makes pressure seals that they say are replacements for the Brembo parts, and cost about half as much. The StopTech part numbers for the seals are 753.99005 (40mm) and 753.99007 (44mm). They also have boots (750-99005 - 40mm and 750-99007 - 44mm) and conditioning fluid (502.10000).
Purchase of the boots from Brembo or StopTech will also save some money, as the BMW Dealer markup is avoided.

Last edited by SD Convert; 10-15-2020 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: Update parts list
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2020, 01:05 PM   #16
SD Convert
Enlisted Member
United_States
14
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2017 430i convertible
Join Date: May 2020
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Now for some information about the upgrade.

I took my time on this. When it was all back together, I bled the brakes three times, using a dead-blow hammer (soft face) on the calipers to shock loose any final bubbles before the last bleed. Total time was about 5 hours.

After all this, the peddle is firm - no air left in the system. Also, I didn't see any signs of leaks.

I believe the new brake lines helped the peddle feel quite a bit. These particular lines need something to be changed in the front, as the clip doesn't have any tension (currently held in with safety wire).

When braking, it seems like the brakes aren't working properly. I think this is a combination of the pads not being bedded yet and the recoding not being done.

As near as I can tell, the coding is needed because the ratio of total piston area between the front and the back has changed so much. This seems right, as the car feels like the front brakes aren't doing much. I'm getting the coding done this afternoon, so we'll see how much that improves it.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 06:44 PM   #17
435i_Phil
First Lieutenant
435i_Phil's Avatar
United_States
95
Rep
330
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 435i Xdrive Sportline
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Greater Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW 435XI  [0.00]
2009 Honda Civic  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Convert View Post
Now for some information about the upgrade.

I took my time on this. When it was all back together, I bled the brakes three times, using a dead-blow hammer (soft face) on the calipers to shock loose any final bubbles before the last bleed. Total time was about 5 hours.

After all this, the peddle is firm - no air left in the system. Also, I didn't see any signs of leaks.

I believe the new brake lines helped the peddle feel quite a bit. These particular lines need something to be changed in the front, as the clip doesn't have any tension (currently held in with safety wire).

When braking, it seems like the brakes aren't working properly. I think this is a combination of the pads not being bedded yet and the recoding not being done.

As near as I can tell, the coding is needed because the ratio of total piston area between the front and the back has changed so much. This seems right, as the car feels like the front brakes aren't doing much. I'm getting the coding done this afternoon, so we'll see how much that improves it.
I had my job done at the dealer and the coding was also done. My peddle feels absolutely amazing.
__________________
2015 435i Xdrive (The Machine)
Stanced 8th Gen Honda Civic (The daily) Instagram: f32_phil
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 04:25 PM   #18
SD Convert
Enlisted Member
United_States
14
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2017 430i convertible
Join Date: May 2020
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Convert View Post
Now for some information about the upgrade.

When braking, it seems like the brakes aren't working properly. I think this is a combination of the pads not being bedded yet and the recoding not being done.

As near as I can tell, the coding is needed because the ratio of total piston area between the front and the back has changed so much. This seems right, as the car feels like the front brakes aren't doing much. I'm getting the coding done this afternoon, so we'll see how much that improves it.
The coding has been completed. The brakes work great and will probably work even better after the pads are bedded.

I hope to have some pictures up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435i_Phil View Post
I had my job done at the dealer and the coding was also done. My peddle feels absolutely amazing.
My calipers were Used. I don't think a dealer would have touched it.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 05:26 AM   #19
zibbit
Private
50
Rep
96
Posts

Drives: 14 335ix M Performance Edition
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Victoria

iTrader: (0)

For thread completeness, here's the three missing part numbers for your list.

Backing Plate - Left - BMW 34-11-6-872-082
Backing Plate - Right - BMW 34-11-6-872-081

Rear Caliper Bolts - M12x1.5x32 - BMW 34-20-6-850-536

Make sure you're using new caliper bolts. Book calls for them to all be replaced (especially the torque to yield ones on the rear).
Front is 110 Nm
Rear is 50 Nm +60˚

Last edited by zibbit; 09-27-2020 at 05:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 02:21 PM   #20
SD Convert
Enlisted Member
United_States
14
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2017 430i convertible
Join Date: May 2020
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibbit View Post
For thread completeness, here's the three missing part numbers for your list.

Backing Plate - Left - BMW 34-11-6-872-082
Backing Plate - Right - BMW 34-11-6-872-081

Rear Caliper Bolts - M12x1.5x32 - BMW 34-20-6-850-536

Make sure you're using new caliper bolts. Book calls for them to all be replaced (especially the torque to yield ones on the rear).
Front is 110 Nm
Rear is 50 Nm +60˚
zibbit , that information agrees with my research. I'll order them, but it'll be two weeks before I have a chance to install them. I'll update the list after it's verified.

Thank you for the information.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #21
zibbit
Private
50
Rep
96
Posts

Drives: 14 335ix M Performance Edition
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Victoria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Convert View Post
zibbit , that information agrees with my research. I'll order them, but it'll be two weeks before I have a chance to install them. I'll update the list after it's verified.

Thank you for the information.
those are the p/n's I had to order to do a brake job on my factory equipped '14 F30 MPE that came with the 370/345 rotor combo.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2020, 04:12 PM   #22
SD Convert
Enlisted Member
United_States
14
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2017 430i convertible
Join Date: May 2020
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibbit View Post
For thread completeness, here's the three missing part numbers for your list.

Backing Plate - Left - BMW 34-11-6-872-082
Backing Plate - Right - BMW 34-11-6-872-081

Rear Caliper Bolts - M12x1.5x32 - BMW 34-20-6-850-536

Make sure you're using new caliper bolts. Book calls for them to all be replaced (especially the torque to yield ones on the rear).
Front is 110 Nm
Rear is 50 Nm +60˚
The parts came in and they look correct (parts list updated). I hope to put them on this weekend.

I also added some possible sources for the Brembo dust boots and pressure seals and information on possible "donors" for calipers.

Last edited by SD Convert; 10-08-2020 at 02:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST