F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Any EIBACH SPRINGS on F30 335i X-DRIVE?
ARMA SPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-31-2018, 04:39 PM   #1
johnung
Colonel
United_States
1628
Rep
2,271
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Any EIBACH SPRINGS on F30 335i X-DRIVE?

I am considering mildly lowering my F30 Xdrive using Eibach Pro-Kit Springs. It's a daily driver so I am looking for more control/cornering, not a big drop or a harsher ride. The kit for my car (E10-20-031-06-22) only lowers the front by 0.8 inch and the rear by 0.6 inch. Eibach claims that they are 10% stiffer than the stock springs. The next option, Dinan springs, would be more drastic at 30% stiffer with front and rear drops reported between 0.75 inch to 1.0 inch. Also considering new Koni Active FSD dampers, again for less body roll in cornering without adding harshness. Possibly H&R sway bars for the same reason. Any advice/comments are much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 10:43 AM   #2
mark_tdot
Second Lieutenant
mark_tdot's Avatar
Canada
170
Rep
205
Posts

Drives: 2015 335xi - M-Performance
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Lowered my xdrive on eibach's last week.

I used the RWD version though - part no. E10-20-031-02-22
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 13
      06-09-2018, 04:44 AM   #3
ceedawg
Major
ceedawg's Avatar
445
Rep
1,359
Posts

Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Big City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_tdot View Post
Lowered my xdrive on eibach's last week.

I used the RWD version though - part no. E10-20-031-02-22
NICE I should have gone rwd with the ACS springs great idea.. Damn
__________________
2k15 335i Msport xdrive 6spd
Wagner Comp2 FMIC,FTP CP,stock exhaust. Fabspeed Sport catted DP, KW V2 coil overs,FBO BM3 Stg 2
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 09:26 PM   #4
johnung
Colonel
United_States
1628
Rep
2,271
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Photos look really nice. Did you measure the drop that you got? What are your impressions after driving it with the Eibachs?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 06:26 AM   #5
js 84
Private First Class
js 84's Avatar
81
Rep
110
Posts

Drives: F30 2012 320d
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Latvia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_tdot View Post
Lowered my xdrive on eibach's last week.

I used the RWD version though - part no. E10-20-031-02-22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_tdot View Post
Lowered my xdrive on eibach's last week.

I used the RWD version though - part no. E10-20-031-02-22
Nice car! Love the color and wheels!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 08:01 PM   #6
Kaps335i
Private First Class
31
Rep
150
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
I am considering mildly lowering my F30 Xdrive using Eibach Pro-Kit Springs. It's a daily driver so I am looking for more control/cornering, not a big drop or a harsher ride. The kit for my car (E10-20-031-06-22) only lowers the front by 0.8 inch and the rear by 0.6 inch. Eibach claims that they are 10% stiffer than the stock springs. The next option, Dinan springs, would be more drastic at 30% stiffer with front and rear drops reported between 0.75 inch to 1.0 inch. Also considering new Koni Active FSD dampers, again for less body roll in cornering without adding harshness. Possibly H&R sway bars for the same reason. Any advice/comments are much appreciated.
I am looking to do something similar. I don't really want the car lower, unless it was .5". Another person recommended the FSD as well, but I am not sure if that is enough without replacing springs. I was looking at the Dinan sway bars.
__________________
2020 M340i xDrive
Dravit Grey Metallic
Modifications
July 23rd - Dyno Tune
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 09:40 PM   #7
mark_tdot
Second Lieutenant
mark_tdot's Avatar
Canada
170
Rep
205
Posts

Drives: 2015 335xi - M-Performance
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Photos look really nice. Did you measure the drop that you got? What are your impressions after driving it with the Eibachs?
the drop is great!

will get some updates pics once I get it washed.

the ride is pretty good, not too harsh and it doesn't bottom out on anything so I'm happy with it.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 01:46 PM   #8
VT-man
Private First Class
VT-man's Avatar
United_States
58
Rep
144
Posts

Drives: 2014 435xi
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

where did you purchase the Eibach springs?
__________________
02AccordV6(sold) 03350zMT(sold) 04E46///M3MT(sold) 06RSXauto(sold) 07G35auto(sold) 2014F32bmw435MT 2017MacanGTS
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 11:48 AM   #9
mark_tdot
Second Lieutenant
mark_tdot's Avatar
Canada
170
Rep
205
Posts

Drives: 2015 335xi - M-Performance
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT-man View Post
where did you purchase the Eibach springs?
Im in Canada so the best price I found was from lowriders.ca
Appreciate 1
VT-man57.50

      06-21-2018, 08:26 AM   #10
johnung
Colonel
United_States
1628
Rep
2,271
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
For sway bars I was considering H&R and Dinan. Three hole adjustment on Dinan front bar is just marketing. Dinan told me that the other two holes are meant for other model cars. So glad that I went with H&R. $250 less than Dinan for the set. H&R is a German engineering company. I first used their sway bars in the 80's on VWs. Quality is amazing. I'll post a photo of the H&R 28mm front bar next to the stock bar that was removed from the 2015 335i Xdrive. The stock bar feels light as a feather like it is hollow. The H&R is solid. No comparison! Installation is not a driveway job. You need a lift because the front subframe needs to be removed and dropped to the floor. The front sway bar actually mounts to the top of it. Find a tech who knows what they are doing. But don't believe ridiculous labor estimates. It's about 2.5 hours to swap the front bar.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by johnung; 06-21-2018 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: clarification and added photo
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 02:42 AM   #11
daac
Private
Canada
17
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i Xdrive Msport
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_tdot View Post
Lowered my xdrive on eibach's last week.

I used the RWD version though - part no. E10-20-031-02-22

Any issues with fitment? The rwd kit fits the stock xdrive front shocks?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 01:08 PM   #12
Jimmy-320msport
First Lieutenant
53
Rep
391
Posts

Drives: e87 120i sport,f30 320i msport
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ayrshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daac View Post
Any issues with fitment? The rwd kit fits the stock xdrive front shocks?
+1

Car looks fantastic mate
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 05:50 AM   #13
N420i
Private First Class
59
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: 2016 420i lightly modded
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Madrid

iTrader: (0)

I just installed the Pro-kit Eibachs along with Bilstein B8 dampers on my 420i (stock suspension) and it didn't drop ANYWHERE near as much as mark_dtot's did. In fact in my case it's really hard to tell the car has been lowered at all.
The handling has improved significantly though.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 02:37 PM   #14
johnung
Colonel
United_States
1628
Rep
2,271
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N420i View Post
I just installed the Pro-kit Eibachs along with Bilstein B8 dampers on my 420i (stock suspension) and it didn't drop ANYWHERE near as much as mark_dtot's did. In fact in my case it's really hard to tell the car has been lowered at all.
The handling has improved significantly though.
Did you do before and after measurements at all four wheels? My eye just isn't good enough to be quantitative. I got my most accurate measurements when I found a flat poured concrete pad to park on. Asphalt can appear flat but my measurements showed it was wavey.
I took a variety of measurements like ground to bottom of fender at the wheel center. Wheel center to bottom of fender. Top of tire to bottom of fender. Also measured clearance to ground at the four jack points and learned that I need to drive up on 2"x6" (1.5" high) boards now to get enough clearance to slide my jack under for oil changes.

I'm curious how you like the Bilsteins? Do you notice a difference (positive or negative) when you are on the highway and hit a road seam or pothole? Do you get pretty much the same jolt through the suspension as with the stock dampers or does it feel better or worse?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 03:55 AM   #15
N420i
Private First Class
59
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: 2016 420i lightly modded
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Madrid

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Did you do before and after measurements at all four wheels? My eye just isn't good enough to be quantitative. I got my most accurate measurements when I found a flat poured concrete pad to park on. Asphalt can appear flat but my measurements showed it was wavey.
I took a variety of measurements like ground to bottom of fender at the wheel center. Wheel center to bottom of fender. Top of tire to bottom of fender. Also measured clearance to ground at the four jack points and learned that I need to drive up on 2"x6" (1.5" high) boards now to get enough clearance to slide my jack under for oil changes.

I'm curious how you like the Bilsteins? Do you notice a difference (positive or negative) when you are on the highway and hit a road seam or pothole? Do you get pretty much the same jolt through the suspension as with the stock dampers or does it feel better or worse?
The day I took the car in to install the new springs and dampers was rather chaotic so I messed up and forgot to measure the height before installing them... So I haven't bothered measuring afterwards, either, but just eyeballing it and measuring the gap between wheels and arches with my fingers I'd say it's dropped 10mm (so under half an inch) at most. It's noticeable, but barely.

I'm in LOVE with the B8s. I also ran them for close to a 100k miles on my previous car, first with Eibach and then with HR springs and I just love the way they're tuned. They are SIGNIFICANTLY firmer than stock (at least actual stock dampers, unsure about the M sport dampers since I haven't tried them) and you will be feeling a bigger jolt on potholes and road seams, but it's definately not uncomfortable, specially with the Eibachs. I haven't had a chance to do a decent highway stretch with the new springs and dampers, My previous car used to jump around and tramline like crazy with road lines, seams etc, but that was almost certainly down to it being a FWD car witht very, VERY aggressive set up with toed-out front wheels, massive sway bars, much firmer springs, poly bushes, suspension arms...... The works.

The B8s are definately worth the price in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 11:54 PM   #16
SCRPN
Private First Class
SCRPN's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
145
Posts

Drives: '18 MR 340i xDrive 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (3)

@mark_tdot What were the advantages of going with the RWD set? Just for the higher rear ride height? I was thinking of going with ACS springs but was unsure whether xdrive or rwd set.
__________________
2018 MR 340i xDrive 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 02:23 PM   #17
johnung
Colonel
United_States
1628
Rep
2,271
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRPN View Post
@mark_tdot What were the advantages of going with the RWD set? Just for the higher rear ride height? I was thinking of going with ACS springs but was unsure whether xdrive or rwd set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRPN View Post
@mark_tdot What were the advantages of going with the RWD set? Just for the higher rear ride height? I was thinking of going with ACS springs but was unsure whether xdrive or rwd set.
My understanding is that typical springs made for xdrive (Eibach, Dinan) have about 1/2" drop but springs made for rwd (H&R) have 1 1/2" drop. You may want to check out Eibach springs (which I'm using). Heard that ACS parts are really made by Eibach and other manufacturers and then price is marked up. Good luck!
Appreciate 1
SCRPN8.00

      01-03-2019, 01:45 PM   #18
harperium
Stargate Command
258
Rep
412
Posts

Drives: 2019 X3 M40i
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

I just put the Eibach Pro Kit on my '17 340i xDrive

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...5#post24188005

Drop is 0.8" front 0.6" rear. Car isn't as low as the RWD Eibach drop, but it removes the excess fender gap.

With stock shocks, ride quality is slightly firmer than before. Handling is much improved.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2019, 03:45 PM   #19
anielsen71
Major
Denmark
186
Rep
1,157
Posts

Drives: F36 435xd
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Naestved, Denmark

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
My understanding is that typical springs made for xdrive (Eibach, Dinan) have about 1/2" drop but springs made for rwd (H&R) have 1 1/2" drop. You may want to check out Eibach springs (which I'm using). Heard that ACS parts are really made by Eibach and other manufacturers and then price is marked up. Good luck!
Yes, rumor has it ACS springs are produced by Eibach but with ACS specs.
I had Eibachs on both my former BMW’s and have now ACS’s. And there is a difference. ACS’s keeps OEM comfort, Eibachs are way stiffer than OEM.
__________________
Brgds
Allan
‘15 F36 435xd Gran Coupé

Ex: E46 330d, E91 330dA
Appreciate 1
Noelified225.00

      01-10-2019, 01:51 AM   #20
Samred335i
Private First Class
3
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: F30 335i xdrive m sport 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: queens

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harperium View Post
I just put the Eibach Pro Kit on my '17 340i xDrive

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...5#post24188005

Drop is 0.8" front 0.6" rear. Car isn't as low as the RWD Eibach drop, but it removes the excess fender gap.

With stock shocks, ride quality is slightly firmer than before. Handling is much improved.
Do you have adaptive dampers ? Can you show me a picture of the drop I'm looking to lower my car on springs but I have non adaptive dampers
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 09:04 AM   #21
harperium
Stargate Command
258
Rep
412
Posts

Drives: 2019 X3 M40i
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samred335i View Post
Do you have adaptive dampers ? Can you show me a picture of the drop I'm looking to lower my car on springs but I have non adaptive dampers
the thread I linked to have before/after pics

I do NOT have adaptive suspension - Standard suspension and xDrive.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 10:33 PM   #22
bigl
Private
7
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: 911
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: nyc

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
For sway bars I was considering H&R and Dinan. Three hole adjustment on Dinan front bar is just marketing. Dinan told me that the other two holes are meant for other model cars. So glad that I went with H&R. $250 less than Dinan for the set. H&R is a German engineering company. I first used their sway bars in the 80's on VWs. Quality is amazing. I'll post a photo of the H&R 28mm front bar next to the stock bar that was removed from the 2015 335i Xdrive. The stock bar feels light as a feather like it is hollow. The H&R is solid. No comparison! Installation is not a driveway job. You need a lift because the front subframe needs to be removed and dropped to the floor. The front sway bar actually mounts to the top of it. Find a tech who knows what they are doing. But don't believe ridiculous labor estimates. It's about 2.5 hours to swap the front bar.
Review on the sway bars?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST