F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Extreme Powerhouse

07-27-2020, 11:23 AM   #3763
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatGun View Post
I recently purchased an unit from eBay seller (shipped from Arizona) and been having problems with it. I assume all related to the software. See attached image for version. Item I purchased is this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/184196989256

Unit keeps freezing, I have to hold "back" to restart the unit almost 2-3 times a day. It usually freezes in Google Maps, like when I open Google Maps I see grayed out area instead of map, meanwhile I can go back and scroll in the menu or play music. Sometimes it just wont function at all, like iDrive controller wont move to any direction, I can hold on menu and go to car's own iDrive and operate find. A restart (back button) fixes this freezing issue.
Not sure what brand unit I have. box had no brand on.
What version should I go with? Thank you!
You need to contact the seller and ask them for an update and also the password for the software update screen.

There are 13 passwords and we don't know which 1 is needed for this unit (yet).

You can't use any other software on it, as it will just show invalid update and not work.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 11:32 AM   #3764
HeatGun
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
You need to contact the seller and ask them for an update and also the password for the software update screen.

There are 13 passwords and we don't know which 1 is needed for this unit (yet).

You can't use any other software on it, as it will just show invalid update and not work.
I did. Seller says that he has been running the same software for past 2 years without any issues. He is not willing to provide an update for some reason.
This is the issue I am having:

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 11:37 AM   #3765
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I did. Seller says that he has been running the same software for past 2 years without any issues. He is not willing to provide an update for some reason.

Seller is lying to you then as that software version was built on 15th May 2020 (at 15:21:47 hours to be exact), so it's impossible to have been using it for the last 2 years.

Also I don't think these unit's existed 2 years ago either.

Besides that, if he's not willing to provide you with updates or the pin number for the software update screen, then it's pretty much useless to you, so you would be best off returning it, getting a refund and buy from a decent seller.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 11:40 AM   #3766
HeatGun
Private
Rep

Quote:
Seller is lying to you then as that software version was built on 15th May 2020 (at 15:21:47 hours to be exact), so it's impossible to have been using it for the last 2 years.

Besides that, if he's not willing to provide you with updates or the pin number for the software update screen, then it's pretty much useless to you, so you would be best off returning it, getting a refund and buy from a decent seller.
I donít think he meant that has been running the same version for 2 years. He says that update is unnecessary since his version has been stable for years. I know it doesnít work like that.
Is there a newer version than what I have? Or if i find out my PIN can I update the unit with another one like the custom mention on the first link
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 11:43 AM   #3767
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I donít think he meant that has been running the same version for 2 years. He says that update is unnecessary since his version has been stable for years. I know it doesnít work like that.
Is there a newer version than what I have? Or if i find out my PIN can I update the unit with another one like the custom mention on the first link
The unit's didn't exist until mid / late 2019.

He's full of shit, just return it for a refund.

As for the other question, I can give you 13 pin numbers to try, but no you can't run the custom firmware as it will just give you invalid update and not work.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 11:45 AM   #3768
HeatGun
Private
Rep

Quote:
The unit's didn't exist until mid / late 2019.

He's full of shit, just return it for a refund.

As for the other question, I can give you 13 pin numbers to try, but no you can't run the custom firmware as it will just give you invalid update and not work.
I am trying to avoid returning the unit since I donít really want to disassemble everything again.
Can you please provide me the PINS so I can try?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 11:49 AM   #3769
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I am trying to avoid returning the unit since I donít really want to disassemble everything again.
I can, but as said you have nothing to update it to anyway, none of the updates posted on the 1st page, including the custom ones will be of any use to you as your unit will just say invalid update and refuse to connect to AA or Carplay.

Once you update to another version it will say invalid update and you can't get rid of that unless you flash back to the official version (which you don't have), so then you can't return the unit either.

So unless the seller is willing to provide updates (which he's said he won't) then you are stuck with the software version you have which as your video shows, is no good.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 12:03 PM   #3770
evilFive
Rep
Drives: i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by propernorf View Post
First of all, apologies for hijacking a wrong forum but this is the most active one I found about these Kits. I'm finally pulling the trigger on one, but was wondering if you guys can help me decide and understand a few of things :
  • I'll strictly be using Android Auto on my F10 M5 and read over here that there are issues with wide-screen but apparently there is a fix for it already. but what I couldn't figure out is, would that fix work only on the F30 or any widescreen NBT. as matter of fact is that problem present in an f10 wide screen or only the newer F30 widescreen.
  • My car is equipped with an OEM camera - sensor - radar - night vision. I think I'm pretty sure you can connect all to the kit but not sure exactly what the menu navigation be like as if you are in AA and activated the top view camera will it switch the camera view or do you manually have to switch back to the BMW menu?
  • And finally, Carlink or Andream Kit. which kit would you guys recommend, I don't mind paying a bit extra if it means better software and community support.

Thank you again!
For AA you should probably buy one of the models that supports the custom software that has been developed. All of the other things should work as they used to. I'm not familiar with how the Night Vision works but the cameras will work via OEM and will switch back and forth to the MMI automatically, you will not be plugging any of that into the device, those are for people adding those devices to cars that did not come with them.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 03:11 PM   #3771
Mollyran
Private
Rep
Drives: 220i

AA wireless connection on custom software Carlink kit (AA widescreen). On v9.2.7.t.yl.b it was always connecting when I start the car (after long press on Menu), but with the custom I have to disable the BT and reunable and chose manually the MMI bt in order to connect AA wirelessly. Any one else having this issue? AA is set to auto launch when it connect to the MMI.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 03:56 PM   #3772
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMA 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyran View Post
AA wireless connection on custom software Carlink kit (AA widescreen). On v9.2.7.t.yl.b it was always connecting when I start the car (after long press on Menu), but with the custom I have to disable the BT and reunable and chose manually the MMI bt in order to connect AA wirelessly. Any one else having this issue? AA is set to auto launch when it connect to the MMI.
How do you set AA to autolaunch? I don't have that option in the AA app.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 04:55 PM   #3773
thestimp
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 - X3M

Quote:

Mine did this until I updated. Still occasionally will on AA.

According to your software looks like you may have an andream unit? PIN 2863? Even thought the ebay ad says carlink.

Last edited by thestimp; 07-27-2020 at 05:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 05:16 PM   #3774
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMA 320I

Quote:
I would contact the seller and let him know that unless he is able to help you fix it, you will be returning the unit. He may "miraculously" provide the sw and pin# at that point.

But if he still does not help, then you're unfortunately going to have to go through the uninstall and return it since the unit is not usable.

Make sure that you leave a bad review so others are aware of the poor service from this seller.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 05:58 PM   #3775
GEDDES
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F30 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot View Post
I bought this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...27424c4dmnd62z

It's not a branded unit but I've in this thread that some of these generic units have Andream firmware.

Mine hasn't come in yet but I'm hoping it'll work with the custom firmware.
Let me know how you go mate
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 08:01 PM   #3776
mako2388
Rep
Drives: X3 f25 2016

I just installed an andream in my x3 f25 itís working but while using AA i canít get the ďcursorĒ to move up into the app itself though the navigation of AA works fine. Anyone else have this issue?

I also tried to do an update but the code 2836 doesnít seem to work? Attached a shot of my software versions
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 10:11 PM   #3777
jaypayne05
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako2388 View Post
I just installed an andream in my x3 f25 it's working but while using AA i can't get the "cursor" to move up into the app itself though the navigation of AA works fine. Anyone else have this issue?

I also tried to do an update but the code 2836 doesn't seem to work? Attached a shot of my software versions
You have the new version of the Andream unit. There is no update at the moment for it. I have the same version, but I use CarPlay instead. Try sending the seller a message and see if they will send you and update to fix the problem and also the password. And if they do post a link to the update here and also the password
      07-27-2020, 10:12 PM   #3778
Matt Devo
Recovering RS4 owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly1337 View Post
Release: Custom firmware v1.0
hey, would you be able/interested in doing a version for a Carlinkit EVO box? Just got from seller, and had them provide me an update image that I can pass along. TIA
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 10:41 PM   #3779
HeatGun
Private
Rep

Quote:
I recently purchased a unit from eBay seller (shipped from Arizona) and been having problems with it. I assume all related to the software. See attached image for version. Item I purchased is this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/184196989256

Unit keeps freezing, I have to hold "back" to restart the unit almost 2-3 times a day. It usually freezes in Google Maps, like when I open Google Maps I see grayed out area instead of map, meanwhile, I can go back and scroll in the menu or play music. Sometimes it just won't function at all, like iDrive controller won't move in any direction, I can hold on the menu and go to car's own iDrive and operate find. A restart (back button) fixes this freezing issue.
I have been trying to use the CarPlay with Bluetooth and Wireless ever since I installed and been having issues like mentioned above.
Today, for the first time I tried the CarPlay with a cable and it worked flawlessly.
Is this expected with cable and no cable? I don't mind using it with cable if issues I was having with wireless signal.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 01:39 AM   #3780
Firefly1337
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Devo View Post
hey, would you be able/interested in doing a version for a Carlinkit EVO box? Just got from seller, and had them provide me an update image that I can pass along. TIA
Not sure though if the EVO units are different but I would love to take a look.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 01:44 AM   #3781
cerij101
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyran View Post
Yes same here, though I upgraded to custom firmware within a few hours of installation, so I'm not used to it auto-connecting at all really.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 02:03 AM   #3782
Matt Devo
Recovering RS4 owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly1337 View Post
Not sure though if the EVO units are different but I would love to take a look.
shall I PM you a link?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 02:12 AM   #3783
Firefly1337
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Devo View Post
shall I PM you a link?
Either do that or just put the link in here, both is fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 05:08 AM   #3784
SantaEugence
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive Auto

Quote:
Quote:
I recently purchased a unit from eBay seller (shipped from Arizona) and been having problems with it. I assume all related to the software. See attached image for version. Item I purchased is this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/184196989256

Unit keeps freezing, I have to hold "back" to restart the unit almost 2-3 times a day. It usually freezes in Google Maps, like when I open Google Maps I see grayed out area instead of map, meanwhile, I can go back and scroll in the menu or play music. Sometimes it just won't function at all, like iDrive controller won't move in any direction, I can hold on the menu and go to car's own iDrive and operate find. A restart (back button) fixes this freezing issue.
I have been trying to use the CarPlay with Bluetooth and Wireless ever since I installed and been having issues like mentioned above.
Today, for the first time I tried the CarPlay with a cable and it worked flawlessly.
Is this expected with cable and no cable? I don't mind using it with cable if issues I was having with wireless signal.
I switched to cable mainly so I could use BT for calling via the factory unit. Works much better in my opinion and since I don't have wireless charging and I'd plug into usb anyway it made sense
Appreciate 0