F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
GetBMWParts

08-03-2020, 06:06 PM   #3895
GEDDES
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F30 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly1337 View Post
Hey,

here's the newest update for our custom version: v2.0.B0.mod for BMW NBT and v2.0.M0.mod for MINI NBT. They are available on the 1st page.
The biggest change is that this version will run on any device. It does not matter if you have an Andream, Carlinkit, RoadTop or Bimmertech device.
It is based on the latest Bimmertech update featuring their UI (see below).

//Edit: Since it's based on the Bimmertech update, calls on AA should be fixed as well.

I'd like to take the opportunity and thank cossie1 for the update, he really did most of the changes and created many new icons and images.
Also thanks to dkeruza and Feisar328i for their continuous support and muniz_ri and xDHC for test flashing the update

Changelog/Contents:
  • Android Auto Widescreen Fix
  • Android Auto DPI Fix
  • Autolink Mirroring Screen Size Fix
  • Renamed MMI to BMW-MMI/MINI-MMI for Carplay and AA
  • Replaced MMI icon with BMW/MINI icon
  • Replaced car image on integrated PDC/camera screen
  • Changed icons to Blue when highlighted
  • Removed update / key checks
  • BMW/MINI Boot Logo
  • Custom Flash/update screen

Attachment 2380355
The work that has gone into this is huge. Can not wait to get my unit now. This is awesome, thankyou so much to all involved.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #3896
Besty78
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 330d

Quote:
Hey,

here's the newest update for our custom version: v2.0.B0.mod for BMW NBT and v2.0.M0.mod for MINI NBT. They are available on the 1st page.
The biggest change is that this version will run on any device. It does not matter if you have an Andream, Carlinkit, RoadTop or Bimmertech device.

//Edit: Since it's based on the Bimmertech update, calls on AA should be fixed as well.

I'd like to take the opportunity and thank cossie1 for the update, he really did most of the changes and created many new icons and images.
Also thanks to dkeruza and Feisar328i for their continuous support and muniz_ri and xDHC for test flashing the update

Changelog/Contents:
  • Android Auto DPI Fix
  • BMW/MINI Boot Logo

Attachment 2380355
you guys are absolutely awesome , thank you all so much , you all should really go into business together .
would you say the bimmertec mcu is better ?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 06:33 PM   #3897
frviana
Rep
Drives: F36

MCU Changelog ?

I got the Carlinkit today and installed on my F36 right away and almost everything worked. Upgraded the software with the new 2.0 Custom and it worked , just noticed a bit of pixelation on the outer edge of everything in AA, don't know if this is due to be connecting wireless.

Went to upgrade the MCU and it says: USB Stick with upgrade_mmi.bin update file has not been detected . I could easily change the file name but a few questions before trying upgrading the MCU:

1. My System Version says: MCU Version 10.6.2.0

What would the latest version for Carlinkit be? This forum says MCU 20.06.02, is this the same that I have and It just happen to show wrong version on mine?

2. Can I find anywhere the changelog for the MCU to see the benefits on upgrading?

3. My steering wheel buttons don't do anything on the MCU version it came with . I tried answering a call or hanging up and it didn't work. Would the MCU 20.06.02 fix this?

Thank you everyone for the awesome work!

Last edited by frviana; 08-03-2020 at 07:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 07:28 PM   #3898
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMA 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by frviana View Post
I got the Carlinkit today and installed on my F36 right away and almost everything worked. Upgraded the software with the new 2.0 Custom and it worked , just noticed a bit of pixelation on the outer edge of everything in AA, don't know if this is due to be connecting wireless.

Went to upgrade the MCU and it says: USB Stick with upgrade_mmi.bin update file has not been detected . I could easily change the file name but a few questions before trying upgrading the MCU:

1. My System Version says: MCU Version 10.6.2.0

What would the latest version for Carlinkit be? This forum says MCU 20.06.02, is this the same that I have and It just happen to show wrong version on mine?

2. Can I find anywhere the changelog for the MCU to see the benefits on upgrading?

3. My steering wheel buttons don't do anything on the MCU version it came with . I tried answering a call or hanging up and it didn't work. Would the MCU 20.06.02 fix this?

Thank you everyone for the awesome work!
You need to connect to the oem bluetooth connection for the phone button on the steering wheel to work. Also, I wouldn't worry about the mcu. Your version is a recent one.
Appreciate 1
GEDDES0.00

08-03-2020, 07:44 PM   #3899
jaypayne05
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M Package

Quote:
Hey,

Changelog/Contents:
  • Android Auto DPI Fix
  • BMW/MINI Boot Logo

Attachment 2380355
Do this mod version works on the newer Andream B units??

so i did the Andream B version update and its so much more responsive now when using the IDrive wheel or the steering wheel buttons. before it would lag a lot but now its perfect.

Last edited by jaypayne05; 08-03-2020 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 08:42 PM   #3900
frviana
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
You need to connect to the oem bluetooth connection for the phone button on the steering wheel to work. Also, I wouldn't worry about the mcu. Your version is a recent one.
Thank you. It worked. Everything is working now. Just wondering if I leave both Bluetooth connected, where is my call going to be routed through when I answer the phone in the car. How does it Select?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 09:10 PM   #3901
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frviana View Post
Quote:
Thank you. It worked. Everything is working now. Just wondering if I leave both Bluetooth connected, where is my call going to be routed through when I answer the phone in the car. How does it Select?
All calls on AA will be routed through the oem bluetooth connection.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 09:36 PM   #3902
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chambo622 View Post
Is there a benefit to doing that?
Nope, the scroll wheel works backwards (up for next and down for back, which is the opposite of how it works in the i-drive) other than that I didn't notice any difference, but I am sure some will want to try it for themselves.
cossie...you now need to get yourself a proper phone, i.e Android, to take advantage of all of your work
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 11:03 PM   #3903
evilFive
Rep
Drives: i3

Thanks for all of the hard work, I like how you even put in a very cool custom splash page. As a bonus for me coming from carlinkit, my echo is gone. It will take some getting used to since the menu button doesn't do the back command like on Carlinkit but I can actually use my phone as a phone now .
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-03-2020, 11:14 PM   #3904
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilFive View Post
Thanks for all of the hard work, I like how you even put in a very cool custom splash page. As a bonus for me coming from carlinkit, my echo is gone. It will take some getting used to since the menu button doesn't do the back command like on Carlinkit but I can actually use my phone as a phone now .
Just double press the back button. It has the same function as pressing the menu button on the Carlinkit sw.
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2020, 11:30 PM   #3905
chambo622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 LCI 328i M Sport EBII

Looks like the Bimmertech based fw doesn't have separate volume for navigation? Probably won't miss it that much but was nice to have, maybe they'll add that too.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 11:56 PM   #3906
flausatu
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Hey,

Guys, thank so much. Tis is a great work, really awesome. Thank u and keep up this project.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 12:10 AM   #3907
623baller
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80

Quote:
Hey,

thanks so much for continuous dev and testing to all of you

does this mean carplay also routing calls through bluetooth or it's still the mmi box?

also , what mcu should one upgrade to? bimmertech's mcu or whatever your original manufacturer's mcu?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 12:54 AM   #3908
i3BEV
Rep
Drives: BMW i3

Quote:
Hey,

Can this be safely renamed to GEMINI_PACK.BIN for the newer B units?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 01:11 AM   #3909
cjattard
Rep
Drives: i8

Oh my this is totally amazing, thank you so much for all of your hard work. I cant wait to get this installed. So does the Bimmertech base image use the OEM BT for the audio on IOS too?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 01:14 AM   #3910
SDriver18i
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 s18i 2019

Quote:
Are the first two dip switches set to On and rest to Off for your 6.5" screen?
Yup, nothing works. We tried everything possible. He sent me another unit but I don't want this to happen again.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 02:05 AM   #3911
bryce007
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E60 M5, E92 335i

Wow this is amazing work guys! Is there any chance of getting some work on the CIC versions?? I've got a few Andream CIC units in my cars and happy to test flash for anyone or try mods (even if they brick).
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 02:19 AM   #3912
contracts34
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series F33

Quote:
Hey,

Changelog/Contents:
  • Android Auto DPI Fix
  • BMW/MINI Boot Logo

Attachment 2380355
Thanks again to everyone involved. The work you guys put in to this for the benefit of the rest of us is appreciated beyond words. Most are like me, unable to do such wizardry, I just wish I could somehow help
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2020, 02:54 AM   #3913
Minims
Rep
Drives: F54 Cooper S

Quote:
Hey,

//Edit2: A word regarding MCU updates: With this update you can only flash the MCU updates by Bimmertech. Flashing the default MCU from Andream/Carlinkit etc is only possible on their firmware. Currently there is no need to do anything (no new features etc), so you can leave everything as is. Also note that Bimmertech transforms the first digits of the MCU version from '20' to '10'.

Changelog/Contents:
  • Android Auto DPI Fix
  • BMW/MINI Boot Logo

Attachment 2380355

I have update my Andream NBT to the MINI version.
It's really good but there is just one missing thing.

With Andream version I can adjust screen size.
On MINI, screen is round on left and right and you can't see everything on the screen with default size.
So you need to adjust. I have setting left to 30.
I can't find how to change this in this custom fw.
Is it possible to add this in the config menu ?
Many Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 02:59 AM   #3914
Furbz
Rep
Drives: Possible X5 50i

Just received and installed my unit into my X5 F15.
thought i ordered a Andream unit. Received a Carlinkit unit

here is the latest software on my unit.
seems newer than what is listed on post 1
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
muniz_ri167.50

08-04-2020, 02:59 AM   #3915
cerij101
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F11

Just adding my thanks for your hard work on this 👍
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 03:04 AM   #3916
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

Right so been running v2.0.B0.mod for a while now and next to what was in the change log i can confirm the following (all tested on Android Auto):

- calls route through the BWM idrive now (when also connected to BWM via bluetooth)
- which also means the echo is gone!
- i can use steering wheel phone button to pickup and hangup calls
- AA auto day/night works based on cars headlights

Have to say i am running SW v2.0.B0.mod and bimmertech MCU 10.6.18.21 on andream.

It also added another issue someone pointed out earlier which was not present in the previous custom version:
- when a call comes in on AA i am unable to move focus via commander knob to the middle screen and tilt to top to set focus on either hangup or pickup call. Workaround is steering wheel button but just wanted to point out the issue is there and is not fixable via clearing AA cache.
- minor issue; in AA when a call comes through or you call someone, it says "no bluetooth connection" but everything works. I believe it says this because theres no bluetooth connection active to the MMI and things are being handled by idrive.

Last edited by xDHC; 08-04-2020 at 04:39 AM..
Appreciate 2
x-m4n136.50
muniz_ri167.50