F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
ARMA SPEED

08-05-2020, 11:30 PM   #4027
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMA 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobtc View Post
Just got version 2 installed on my Andream unit, and it seems to work great with auto connect etc. The only problem I have is when I have auto switch AUX on, it seems to switch to it every 1-2 minutes, meaning that if I hear radio, it will switch to AUX by it self.

Does anyone else have this problem as well?
I haven't tried listening to the radio after installing the new custom fw. But I wonder if the mcu makes a difference. Are you using the bimmertech mcu?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 11:41 PM   #4028
jacobtc
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F20LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
I haven't tried listening to the radio after installing the new custom fw. But I wonder if the mcu makes a difference. Are you using the bimmertech mcu?
No I am using the Andream MCU which was recommended for version 1 of the CFW.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 11:47 PM   #4029
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No I am using the Andream MCU which was recommended for version 1 of the CFW.
I would try using the bimmertech mcu with version 2. I am. I will also see if I can replicate the issue during my morning commute tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 11:55 PM   #4030
phil5556
Private
Rep
Drives: 330D Touring E91 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matusov View Post
You can change the voice back to English(US) in the Navigation Settings of the maps if you want the lady to tell you where to go.
I canít find anywhere to change anything to do with voice apart from Voice Search, which doesnít change the voice it talks to you in.

This is on an iPhone, maybe itís hidden somewhere. I donít mind him, was just a surprise.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 02:11 AM   #4031
jacobtc
Private
Rep

Quote:
I would try using the bimmertech mcu with version 2. I am. I will also see if I can replicate the issue during my morning commute tomorrow.
I'm going to install the newest Bimmertech MCU later and see if that fixes the problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 04:18 AM   #4032
Glayham
Rep
Drives: BMW 435I M Sport

reverse camera wiring help

Hey Guys

I need a little help with wiring an aftermarket reverse camera to my Roadtop MMI box.

So I have the wiring as follows from the Motormax wiring diagram:

#1 reverse camera - Fitted
#2 Green wire
#3 Blue wire - connected to reversing light feed Black wire connected to brown feed
#4 camera loom - fitted
#7 Camera RCA - connected to RoadTop camera input

#8 Blue reverse, Red 12v Live, Black Ground

#8 is were I need the help do I just connect the Red 12v to the MMI and not connect the Blue and black wires?

Any help appreciated

thank you!
Attached Images

Last edited by Glayham; 08-06-2020 at 05:51 AM.. Reason: Updated information
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 04:54 AM   #4033
sass24
Rep
Drives: BMW 535

v2.0.B0.mod - Spotify cannot strart after making call. Left Andreams MCU 20.06.2. Carplay and Iphone SE.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 06:31 AM   #4034
Besty78
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glayham View Post
Hey Guys

I need a little help with wiring an aftermarket reverse camera to my Roadtop MMI box.

So I have the wiring as follows from the Motormax wiring diagram:

#1 reverse camera - Fitted
#2 Green wire
#3 Blue wire - connected to reversing light feed Black wire connected to brown feed
#4 camera loom - fitted
#7 Camera RCA - connected to RoadTop camera input

#8 Blue reverse, Red 12v Live, Black Ground

#8 is were I need the help do I just connect the Red 12v to the MMI and not connect the Blue and black wires?

Any help appreciated

thank you!
usually the power is at the camera end of the cable , the end that goes into the unit is just the rca and the trigger wire , what is connected at the camera end ?
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2020, 06:38 AM   #4035
Glayham
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besty78 View Post
usually the power is at the camera end of the cable , the end that goes into the unit is just the rca and the trigger wire , what is connected at the camera end ?
Thanks for the reply Besty78

At the camera end (number 3 in the diagram) I have connected the blue wire to the white wire on the reversing light and the black wire to the brown wire on the reversing light.

I think thats correct but I'm not getting a signal.

The RCA is connected at the front.

The connections I'm unsure about are Number 8. Any ideas?

thx
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 06:42 AM   #4036
Besty78
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the reply Besty78

At the camera end (number 3 in the diagram) I have connected the blue wire to the white wire on the reversing light and the black wire to the brown wire on the reversing light.

I think thats correct but I'm not getting a signal.

The RCA is connected at the front.

The connections I'm unsure about are Number 8. Any ideas?

thx
is there only 2 wires at the camera end ? basically the blue is the trigger wire and the red and black are the pos / ground to power the camera
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 06:45 AM   #4037
Glayham
Rep

Quote:
is there only 2 wires at the camera end ? basically the blue is the trigger wire and the red and black are the pos / ground to power the camera
Yeah there are only 2 wires at the camera end and 3 at the front??

as in the diagram
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 06:47 AM   #4038
Besty78
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah there are only 2 wires at the camera end and 3 at the front??

as in the diagram
ok , it's different to mine , so yes connect the red and black to the mmi unit for power , the blue for trigger and the rca and it should work mate , obviously test it all before putting it back together , go through the mmi settings then reboot , start the car and go into reverse
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 06:54 AM   #4039
Glayham
Rep

Quote:
ok , it's different to mine , so yes connect the red and black to the mmi unit for power , the blue for trigger and the rca and it should work mate , obviously test it all before putting it back together , go through the mmi settings then reboot , start the car and go into reverse
Cheers for the help mate. I'll give that a go and let you know
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 07:09 AM   #4040
Glayham
Rep

Quote:
Brilliant. Thats all working!! Cheers for the help
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 07:39 AM   #4041
Besty78
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Brilliant. Thats all working!! Cheers for the help
i love it when a plan comes together
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 09:46 AM   #4042
Mollyran
Private
Rep
Drives: 220i

Just to make sure I understand.
I currently using carlin mcu and custom v1 and actually really happy with it (no echo on calls after playing with the setting) so i am really happy with it. The only thing i would like to change is auto connect to AA.

1. So I need to install v2.0.B0.mod and then bimmertech MCU?
2. If I would like to go back, I need to install carlink MCU and then custom V1 or carlinkit firmware?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 09:49 AM   #4043
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyran View Post
Just to make sure I understand.
I currently using carlin mcu and custom v1 and actually really happy with it (no echo on calls after playing with the setting) so i am really happy with it. The only thing i would like to change is auto connect to AA.

1. So I need to install v2.0.B0.mod and then bimmertech MCU?
2. If I would like to go back, I need to install carlink MCU and then custom V1 or carlinkit firmware?

Thanks.
No you do not need the bimmertech mcu
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 10:15 AM   #4044
sass24
Rep
Drives: BMW 535

Bimmertech MCU uses Steering wheel buttons option, what ise very terrible and not possible switch it on/off. No suggest install this MCU. Flashing back to AA MCU is not possible with Bimmertech FW.

Last edited by sass24; 08-06-2020 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #4045
evilFive
Rep
Drives: i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE26M3 View Post
Sorry if this was answered, but I have the Andream system and I have a few comments/questions that maybe you guys could help with. I apologize in advance, but I searched the thread and couldnt find exactly what I was looking for.

I have the Andream unit in my F10 M5 and installed it perfectly.
SDK: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
MCU: 20.4.2.14 (downloaded the MCU 20.06.02.zip...need to know how to upload to unit)

I use Apple Carplay as well through my iPhone 10.

1. Wifi shows on my phone as Carplay but says below it No Internet Data Available. PW is 8888888. Anyone have this issue?

Stop doing that, your WiFi should appear to be off as CarPlay has taken over. Go to your WiFi settings and forget the WiFi connection you manually connected to.

2. Phone calls come in on the Carplay, but when I call someone or use my calls through carplay I cant hear anyone but they can hear me. Also, sometimes if I answer through carplay the call immediately drops.

If I use my calls and have it connected through the BMW BT, both work.

This and #3 indicates you have some connection problem, try reseating the cables on the MMI box and the QuadLock on the head unit. Although from your description it does sound like the microphone is working correctly, just not routing the "speaker" side.

That said, I have removed my BMW BT connection as all calls route through CarPlay now and others have suggested the same.

3. USB plug doesnt seem to work but all connections are secure

What isn't working? Are you trying to load a video or music from it? Or upload the firmware?

4. How do I upload the latest firmware into the Andream unit? I downloaded MCU 20.06.02

This has definitely been addressed in the first threads, you need to format a thumb drive and place the contents of the zip file at the root of that thumb drive. As in, unzip the file and place the ISPBOOOT.BIN and upgrade.bin files not the .ZIP file.

5. Airplay doesnt recognize because the wifi doesnt have internet data

See #1.

Seeing if anyone could help and MUCH APPRECIATED.
See answers in red.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #4046
jacobtc
Private
Rep

Quote:
Still does it after installing the newest Bimmertech MCU, so for now I have auto switch AUX off.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 01:44 PM   #4047
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Still does it after installing the newest Bimmertech MCU, so for now I have auto switch AUX off.
I had the same issue. Hopefully bimmertech resolves it at some point.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #4048
contracts34
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series F33

Custom software

Hi Cossie/Firefly
Wonder if you can answer a query or two. I am now running the Custom S/W v2.0 and the latest Bimmertech MCU. I have been getting told that when I make/receive a call (iPhone XR) the other person is getting an echo of their voice. Not Had that before. I noticed in the settings the following options:
Microphone Volume
Microphoe OP Gain
Microphone PGA Gain
Microphone AEC Delay
Microphone AEC Quality

After a quick Google AEC seems to be for correcting echo issues with Microphones in general. It is default set to 0 but has a range of 0-20. I have tried setting it to 10 and so far seems to have improved.

Am I on the right track with this?
Also, any idea what the other settings are for (other than the obvious volume)?

Cheers and thanks again for a superb piece of work with this Custom S/W

Last edited by contracts34; 08-06-2020 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: Updated
Appreciate 1
x-m4n136.50