F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Extreme Powerhouse

09-19-2020, 12:37 PM   #4797
msq123
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2014

Aircon display issue post Andreams installation

After installing Andreams box I am having issues with the air con display panel and control on my LCi M5 F10. It is a bit erratic and sometimes when I start the car the display panel doesn’t light up and the heater starts, none of the button works so I cant change or switch it off.

I have found a workaround where I long press the Auto button on the rotary control on the passenger side. It brings the display back on and it works normally but it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn’t until next restart. I was told by a friend that I might need to upgrade the software to latest BMW firmware to fix it, while another pal told me that it could be down to the resistor which might need changing.

Anyone else had this issue and how did you fix it. I just want to make sure the right fix before spending any money on it. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 03:06 PM   #4798
idriveabenz
Registered
Rep
Drives: f30 328i

Newest ANDREAM box is not saving settings

hey guys, just got my caplet box from Andream and im loving it

Car: 2015 bmw 328i NBT

There is a few problems im having:

1. I would like to scroll through my music using my steering wheel controls, but whenever I do, it scrolls on the MMI screen. I disable wheel controls through the settings and it works fine, until I restart the car and the settings all go back to default. How do I make the MMI remember my settings?

2. Returning back to the idrive by holding menu literally takes like 30 seconds, is this normal?

thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 03:13 PM   #4799
Kyokushin
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: F32 428i, E92 325Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by idriveabenz View Post
hey guys, just got my caplet box from Andream and im loving it

Car: 2015 bmw 328i NBT

There is a few problems im having:

1. I would like to scroll through my music using my steering wheel controls, but whenever I do, it scrolls on the MMI screen. I disable wheel controls through the settings and it works fine, until I restart the car and the settings all go back to default. How do I make the MMI remember my settings?

2. Returning back to the idrive by holding menu literally takes like 30 seconds, is this normal?

thank you!
1. It remember in my case, i have MMI wheel control disabled because its a piece of crap (it is messing with scrolling of contact list during calls). In fact there is no possibility to scroll music when you're on AUX output.
2. on mine is around 2 seconds. Check you're doint 'back' not restart device.
There is an option to swap back/menu, maybe you're doing restart instead of back because have swapped buttons, maybe you have it enabled.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 08:14 PM   #4800
Zoon
Rep
Drives: 228i

Just went for my first long drive after updating to iOS 14. On the first drive screen froze a few times before fixing itself, and completely froze and turned black one time. On the drive home, it froze and turned black about 5 times. Anyone else having similar issues? (Road top stock firmware)
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 09:32 PM   #4801
Tap82
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoon View Post
Just went for my first long drive after updating to iOS 14. On the first drive screen froze a few times before fixing itself, and completely froze and turned black one time. On the drive home, it froze and turned black about 5 times. Anyone else having similar issues? (Road top stock firmware)
I have the exact same issue with iOS 14, Andream unit. It freezes and got a black screen sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 10:27 PM   #4802
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by msq123 View Post
After installing Andreams box I am having issues with the air con display panel and control on my LCi M5 F10. It is a bit erratic and sometimes when I start the car the display panel doesn’t light up and the heater starts, none of the button works so I cant change or switch it off.
This is a very common occurrence. The plugs to the climate are not seated properly. Also, check for bent pins while you're in there. Retest to make sure it works before reinstalling.

Quote:
I have found a workaround where I long press the Auto button on the rotary control on the passenger side. It brings the display back on and it works normally but it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn’t until next restart. I was told by a friend that I might need to upgrade the software to latest BMW firmware to fix it, while another pal told me that it could be down to the resistor which might need changing.

Anyone else had this issue and how did you fix it. I just want to make sure the right fix before spending any money on it. Thanks
Sorry, can't you here. Hopefully someone can chime in with an answer. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 02:49 AM   #4803
Mo_far
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 50i, E93 325

Noob questions after install

First of amazing thread, been checking it every day or two since I ordered my unit.

A few basic questions after my install (thanks to Kraftwerk AG for some help on the install), sorry if they’ve been asked before but the thread is getting too long.

CUrrent setup:
2014 BMW X5 F15
A dream B unit
CUST version: B_V1.0.4-2
MCU : 20.6.2.0 (came with the box not Bimmertech)
Using CarPlay only, AA fixes aren’t important

Q1- Do I now have the latest version of the code after upgrading the CUST firmware?

Q2 - any benefits of installing the custom firmware developed by Firefly1337 ?

Q3 - any shortcuts to skip a track when you’re not in the playing app? I know steering wheel can"t work due to AUX input and iDrive knob right/left only seems to work when I’m in the playing app

Q4 - besides turning the steering wheel control off and setting the BT to OEM, are there any other recommended settings to change in the MMI?

Keep up the great work everyone
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 05:09 AM   #4804
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_far View Post
Q3 - any shortcuts to skip a track when you're not in the playing app? I know steering wheel can"t work due to AUX input and iDrive knob right/left only seems to work when I'm in the playing app
Mine is the Andream original box but you can try double tilt the I drive left/right or those two arrow buttons on the radio next to memory number 8.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 06:02 AM   #4805
msq123
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk AG View Post
Quote:
After installing Andreams box I am having issues with the air con display panel and control on my LCi M5 F10. It is a bit erratic and sometimes when I start the car the display panel doesn't light up and the heater starts, none of the button works so I cant change or switch it off.
This is a very common occurrence. The plugs to the climate are not seated properly. Also, check for bent pins while you're in there. Retest to make sure it works before reinstalling.

Quote:
I have found a workaround where I long press the Auto button on the rotary control on the passenger side. It brings the display back on and it works normally but it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't until next restart. I was told by a friend that I might need to upgrade the software to latest BMW firmware to fix it, while another pal told me that it could be down to the resistor which might need changing.

Sorry, can't you here. Hopefully someone can chime in with an answer. Good luck.
Thanks for your help. So you mean the two cables connecting to the back of display unit which has locking mechanism? I will take it off and have a look again.

In the mean time I ran error report and got these. Anything jumps out to you?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 10:26 AM   #4806
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Yes, check both cables. Also, they're soft codes, and some will go away once you reseat the plugs. Once you get everything sorted, codes for the HU will remain because the Andream unit is not recognized by system, but still works fine nonetheless. Best of luck!
Appreciate 1
msq12329.00

09-20-2020, 11:24 AM   #4807
ClarkDBx
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d xDrive / F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjra View Post
Hi, check your display phone resolution (setting->display or setting->performance or something similar), not the AA resolution in developper menu.

When I use 1080p or more I have the new frames on AA, but if I use 720 in phone then I get the old way in AA.
I have disassembled the unit and started working again... but it could be the phone resolution, then it was set to 720 for a better battery because I was hiking in the hills...

I will try again and be back with the results...
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 12:50 PM   #4808
cerij101
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F11

I'm getting fed up with the MMI and Android Auto. My Pixel 3 has now started to randomly lose 4G when connected to the MMI. It does re-gain it eventually, but it's very frustrating. It's probably a new Android Auto bug knowing Google.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 06:57 PM   #4809
liam77
Rep
Drives: Mini F55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerij101 View Post
I'm getting fed up with the MMI and Android Auto. My Pixel 3 has now started to randomly lose 4G when connected to the MMI. It does re-gain it eventually, but it's very frustrating. It's probably a new Android Auto bug knowing Google.
I also have a Pixel 3, latest updates to Android 11. I haven't had the problem of losing 4G reception.

The only problem I have is if I have Google Maps in use on AA with the Satellite view it causes the unit to go to a black screen after a few minutes. I guess that is a memory issue, or CPU overheat issue trying to render the 3D satellite images maybe. I don't have any problems at all when using Waze as the navigation, or Google Maps in the normal map view.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 01:40 AM   #4810
cerij101
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam77 View Post
I also have a Pixel 3, latest updates to Android 11. I haven't had the problem of losing 4G reception.

The only problem I have is if I have Google Maps in use on AA with the Satellite view it causes the unit to go to a black screen after a few minutes. I guess that is a memory issue, or CPU overheat issue trying to render the 3D satellite images maybe. I don't have any problems at all when using Waze as the navigation, or Google Maps in the normal map view.
Thanks, maybe it was a network issue, I'll keep an eye on it. I note I have to be careful where I put the phone, as it tends to get hot and sometimes shuts down, other than that I've not had the black screen.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 04:58 AM   #4811
MajorJump
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap82 View Post
Quote:
I have the exact same issue with iOS 14, Andream unit. It freezes and got a black screen sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap82 View Post
Quote:
I'm have the exact same problems since the IOS14 upgrade too. It will occasionally turn black, music (and directions) continue for around 20 seconds, then I'm bounced back to the Andream menu. The Bluetooth symbol is showing and I can force a reconnection to my iPhone at which point it starts up again.

I don't think the system is rebooting, it looks a lot more like it's losing connection.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 07:36 AM   #4812
Furbz
Rep
Drives: Possible X5 50i

anyone has a small static hiss coming through when listening to music?
noticeable at higher volume and in between songs (ie when silent)

is this normal? anything i can do to fix this?

it is only there when using the AUX- in and MMI unit.

otherwise audio is crystal clear using any other source
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 03:24 PM   #4813
ClarkDBx
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d xDrive / F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkDBx View Post
I have disassembled the unit and started working again... but it could be the phone resolution, then it was set to 720 for a better battery because I was hiking in the hills...

I will try again and be back with the results...
I have tested this today and I can confirm that if your phone screen is set to 720 you get the one big screen.. switching back to 1440 you get back to split screen
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 03:56 PM   #4814
tauzins
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue 2014 335i M-Sport

is anyone else having issues flashing their cars with xhp/mhd after installing andream? ive recently been having an issue with flash.
      09-21-2020, 07:02 PM   #4815
kevinnguyen5128
Rep
Drives: Bmw 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorJump View Post
I'm have the exact same problems since the IOS14 upgrade too. It will occasionally turn black, music (and directions) continue for around 20 seconds, then I'm bounced back to the Andream menu. The Bluetooth symbol is showing and I can force a reconnection to my iPhone at which point it starts up again.

I don't think the system is rebooting, it looks a lot more like it's losing connection.
I'm having the same issue with Bimmertech MMI Prime, iOS 14 black screen but the music still playing on the background, but I decided to downgrade back to 13.7. Problem fixed. I will wait for them to roll out new software before updating to iOS 14.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 07:06 PM   #4816
ThaiBruin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinnguyen5128 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorJump View Post

I'm having the same issue with Bimmertech MMI Prime, iOS 14 black screen but the music still playing on the background, but I decided to downgrade back to 13.7. Problem fixed. I will wait for them to roll out new software before updating to iOS 14.
I'm not sure what's different, but I've been running iOS 14 beta (and now public release) and have had no problems. I am running the custom software on my Andream v A MMI.
      09-21-2020, 07:10 PM   #4817
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

I used mine for around 1.5 hours yesterday with iOS 14 and had no issue's.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 07:11 PM   #4818
kevinnguyen5128
Rep
Drives: Bmw 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie View Post
Use a shortcut automation > make the automation trigger when you connect to carplay then make it play Spotify.

Question for everyone: how long does it take for the carplay to load on the screen from when you unlock the doors?

If you were to unlock the door, quickly sit down and start the car up will carplay be running already or be connecting?
It will connect to carplay immediately after you turn your car on, as I know it is faster than the BMW OEM Carplay
Appreciate 1
Fishie4.50