F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > X-Delete Error when flashing
ARMA SPEED

02-25-2020, 04:28 PM   #23
SteelBlue46
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 335i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gic_23 View Post
So after few mails... they don't find any solution and want to refund me.

Thank you for your reply steelblue46. I will try with a samsung. if it don't work i will try to disconnect the battery for 2 hours and attempt the last try.

I'll keep you posted.
Hope it goes well! My USB type C to ethernet adaptor is just random cheapo from amazon as was my enet cable so I dont have anything fancy. Make sure you setup the ethernet settings properly(I'm sure you've seen this part in the manual numerous times) and put the device in airplane mode. I had issues till i did these things. good luck!
Appreciate 1
Gic_233.00
      02-25-2020, 04:47 PM   #24
Gic_23
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: Bmw F20 M135i X Drive

X-Delete Error when flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue46 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gic_23 View Post
So after few mails... they don't find any solution and want to refund me.

Thank you for your reply steelblue46. I will try with a samsung. if it don't work i will try to disconnect the battery for 2 hours and attempt the last try.

I'll keep you posted.
Hope it goes well! My USB type C to ethernet adaptor is just random cheapo from amazon as was my enet cable so I dont have anything fancy. Make sure you setup the ethernet settings properly(I'm sure you've seen this part in the manual numerous times) and put the device in airplane mode. I had issues till i did these things. good luck!
Thank you for your reply steelblue46.

I just received my usb c to ethernet adapter from amazon and tried with a samsung s8.

I have configured the IP adress and all other things... then I was able to connect to my car.

But I still have the same error after « preparing vgs »...

I tried the process of codestar and still have this error message...

I will try tomorrow to disconnect the battery for 2hrs.

For your information, they asked me to click on « execute zgw test » but i had a perpetual loading... i told them but they don't seem to know what it is for...

Now they only want to refund me.

I think they hate me because a send them a lot of e-mails and don't want to answer me anymore 😂

But I have to say they really tried to help me and reply very fast.

Finally, I want to thank you all for all your reply ! I hope to find a solution to help you back !
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2020, 12:51 PM   #25
Gic_23
Switzerland
Rep

So... I have disconnected the battery for more than 2 hours and tried again.

Same problem. Error after " preparing vgs "

I don't know what to do...

Anyone has an idea ?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 02:55 PM   #26
cart75
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F30 335I xDrive

I'm out of ideas l was hoping the 2hr battery unhook would work l guess it's time for a refund so bummed about this wanted to see how the car felt being a 2wd.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 11:24 AM   #27
Gic_23
Switzerland
Rep

So i decided to not be refunded. They did a great job trying to find a solution and on my point of view, they had to be paid for it.

I will try again as soon as they do an update.

Thank you for all your help !

I will inform you if i find a solution.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 04:56 PM   #28
obeeone
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by codestar View Post
I had the error a bunch of times and figured out a solution (that at least works for me)

1. turn off bluetooth so it doesn't auto connect to your car
2. connect phone to obd. open settings and ethernet should pop up right underneath cellular. Open the ethernet setting, wait for an IP address to show up, takes 20ish seconds
3. open xdelete app and connect to your car. configure xdrive and hit flash
4. if the error pops up (it pretty much always does on my first try) then force close the xdelete app. then fully turn off car so the dash lights turn off. single press the start button to turn accesory back on
5. reopen the app, go to configure car again. if the slider is set to the opposite setting of what you are using (i.e. it shows rwd on when it is still in xdrive) then flip it back to xdrive but DON'T hit flash. Flip back to rwd. NOW hit flash
6. If all goes well then it should go through the motions and perform the flash.

I feel like it doesn't fully connect to the xdrive ecu if your car was recently on and you didn't fully turn off the car first. The method I just described has allowed me to flash it quite a few times now and it ALWAYS has an error at least once, so I just fully turn off car, check that the ethernet ip shows up, flip around the awd/rwd sliders once, and then retry the flash

Hope my solution helps at least someone.

2014 435i ewg
iphone 11 pro max
latest ios (have used multiple ios versions and still works)
I run through about the same process when I turn mine on/off. Sometimes it works right away, but usually have to restart the app at least once after connecting my ethernet cable and waiting for the address to show up. Just today I was fighting with it, but forgot to put my phone in airplane mode. That is also a KEY thing you need to do.
I'm using an Iphone 6 running ios 10 using a cheap enet cable and lightning to enet adapter from Amazon as well.

2015 335i xdrive.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 08:18 AM   #29
Gic_23
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeeone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by codestar View Post
I had the error a bunch of times and figured out a solution (that at least works for me)

1. turn off bluetooth so it doesn't auto connect to your car
2. connect phone to obd. open settings and ethernet should pop up right underneath cellular. Open the ethernet setting, wait for an IP address to show up, takes 20ish seconds
3. open xdelete app and connect to your car. configure xdrive and hit flash
4. if the error pops up (it pretty much always does on my first try) then force close the xdelete app. then fully turn off car so the dash lights turn off. single press the start button to turn accesory back on
5. reopen the app, go to configure car again. if the slider is set to the opposite setting of what you are using (i.e. it shows rwd on when it is still in xdrive) then flip it back to xdrive but DON'T hit flash. Flip back to rwd. NOW hit flash
6. If all goes well then it should go through the motions and perform the flash.

I feel like it doesn't fully connect to the xdrive ecu if your car was recently on and you didn't fully turn off the car first. The method I just described has allowed me to flash it quite a few times now and it ALWAYS has an error at least once, so I just fully turn off car, check that the ethernet ip shows up, flip around the awd/rwd sliders once, and then retry the flash

Hope my solution helps at least someone.

2014 435i ewg
iphone 11 pro max
latest ios (have used multiple ios versions and still works)
I run through about the same process when I turn mine on/off. Sometimes it works right away, but usually have to restart the app at least once after connecting my ethernet cable and waiting for the address to show up. Just today I was fighting with it, but forgot to put my phone in airplane mode. That is also a KEY thing you need to do.
I'm using an Iphone 6 running ios 10 using a cheap enet cable and lightning to enet adapter from Amazon as well.

2015 335i xdrive.
Do you disconect the ethernet cable after turning the car off ?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 02:45 PM   #30
bloody.f30
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i

Having the same problem with my 2013 F30 335i xDrive (prod 08/12). Waiting to hear back from the support team. Did anyone end up solving this issue?
Appreciate 1
Gic_233.00
      04-12-2020, 04:52 PM   #31
Gic_23
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloody.f30 View Post
Having the same problem with my 2013 F30 335i xDrive (prod 08/12). Waiting to hear back from the support team. Did anyone end up solving this issue?
Hi, as discussed via mp, i didn't find any solution...

I asked them if they managed to solve this problem. Infact, they did an update few weeks ago but doesn't work for me.

They replied that they didn't find yet... so i think that they are still working on it.

I saw that xhp was available on apple store so i asked them to modify my xdelete license to xhp. Which they did.

I didn't know that i had to spend usd 150.- more to have the maps... so i have spend in total usd 300.-

I hope they will find a solution.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 05:12 PM   #32
bloody.f30
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i

I ended up fixing this issue by updating to the latest iSTEP version for my car. I was able to re-flash bm3 and xDelete successfully after the update. Brought it to a bmw dealership. Just straight up tell them you want to update your iSTEP version and they will do it.

Hope this helps anyone else who is having this issue!
Appreciate 0