F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > bootmod3 New Feature Release *** OBD Unlock and OFFLINE Flasher ***
Extreme Powerhouse
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-19-2018, 11:12 AM   #463
Insane435
Captain
Insane435's Avatar
United_States
233
Rep
938
Posts

Drives: 435ix M Sport EWG
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (1)

How do these logs look? N55 ewg 93 v6 30-100 mph pulls. Starting in 3rd

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ad8b702d10b431d0ab55c85

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ad8b75ed10b431d0ab55c87
Appreciate 1
ronanz1684.00

      04-19-2018, 11:34 AM   #464
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
JaredG_F30's Avatar
984
Rep
1,505
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

rock solid!! Timing is great!
__________________

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 02:06 PM   #465
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
ronanz's Avatar
United_States
1684
Rep
2,557
Posts

Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Southwest Region

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane435 View Post

Post those up HERE as well, nice to have bm3 logs all in one place...👍
__________________
.

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 2
akgambino164.00
FSociety3244.00

      04-19-2018, 08:05 PM   #466
matty088
Major
265
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ct

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane435 View Post
Yea I actually noticed your intercooler is performing great. Which one do u have? Itís kicking my Wagner evo1s ass
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 08:06 PM   #467
matty088
Major
265
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ct

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
Post those up HERE as well, nice to have bm3 logs all in one place...👍
That thread is frustrating. Whatís point of seeing logs if we canít discuss them.
Appreciate 2
      04-20-2018, 07:09 AM   #468
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
JaredG_F30's Avatar
984
Rep
1,505
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Same here but a played along anyway. We should make a thread titled "*** OFFICIAL bootmod3 log depository and discussion***"....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
That thread is frustrating. Whatís point of seeing logs if we canít discuss them.
__________________

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #469
rocklobsta1109
Private
United_States
42
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 DCT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredG_F30 View Post
Same here but a played along anyway. We should make a thread titled "*** OFFICIAL bootmod3 log depository and discussion***"....lol
As a general discussion point from logs in that thread, its pretty clear to me that EWG cars are generally running better than the PWG cars. I haven't seen many logs of EWG cars with the overboost/throttle closure issues that seem common across most PWG cars.

I understand the EWG boost control strategy/mechanism is probably the superior setup but PWG just seems to be all over the place and given that is the way 99% of other turbo cars are setup it should be something that can be tuned out of the OTS maps.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 09:54 AM   #470
paimon.soror
Captain
paimon.soror's Avatar
United_States
366
Rep
687
Posts

Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Hartford, CT

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
That thread is frustrating. What’s point of seeing logs if we can’t discuss them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredG_F30 View Post
Same here but a played along anyway. We should make a thread titled "*** OFFICIAL bootmod3 log depository and discussion***"....lol
Whats the point of yet another discussion thread? Isn't that the purpose of threads like this lol?

The original intent of that thread was for folks to dump their logs so they dont get lost amongst 50 page discussion threads. This thread is already 22 pages in, do you remember if you posted any logs here? and if so, what page it was on? Thats what i was trying to avoid.

reference the post from that thread into your discussions here.

if you do open another thread for logs and discussion, just let me know so i can close the one i created to avoid confusion.
__________________
2010 Mazda RX8 - Sold (11/17)
2016 BMW 435xi GC - Current

Last edited by paimon.soror; 04-20-2018 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 2
      04-20-2018, 10:03 AM   #471
Insane435
Captain
Insane435's Avatar
United_States
233
Rep
938
Posts

Drives: 435ix M Sport EWG
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
Yea I actually noticed your intercooler is performing great. Which one do u have? Itís kicking my Wagner evo1s ass
The ER competition. I bought it here:

https://www.x-ph.com/evolution-racew...is-combo-deal/
__________________
2014 EBII 435ix - Armytrix Catback, Evolution Racewerks Downpipe - Chargepipe - Intercooler, Bootmod3, NGK 97506's, AFE Dry Filter, KW V1, Forgestar F14 19s, Potenza S-04's, M Performance Brakes, M Power Pads
2011 BSM 328ix
IG: @f32_rmacher
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 10:50 AM   #472
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
JaredG_F30's Avatar
984
Rep
1,505
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

No worries man. We'll keep log discussions here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paimon.soror View Post
Whats the point of yet another discussion thread? Isn't that the purpose of threads like this lol?

The original intent of that thread was for folks to dump their logs so they dont get lost amongst 50 page discussion threads. This thread is already 22 pages in, do you remember if you posted any logs here? and if so, what page it was on? Thats what i was trying to avoid.

reference the post from that thread into your discussions here.

if you do open another thread for logs and discussion, just let me know so i can close the one i created to avoid confusion.
__________________

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 09:30 AM   #473
designatedposter
Second Lieutenant
52
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: m235i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: ct

iTrader: (0)

n55 EWG
stage 2 93 octane map

there is a subtle surging / stuttering issue at low rpm and low throttle input (rush hour traffic driving) in comfort mode only. no issue in sport mode.

rpm: 1000-2000 rpm, throttle input less than 30%..

anyone have this issue also?

log
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ae07423d10b433fa2830147
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 09:59 AM   #474
the dope steez
Captain
Canada
370
Rep
808
Posts

Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Shredmonton, Illberta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post
n55 EWG
stage 2 93 octane map

there is a subtle surging / stuttering issue at low rpm and low throttle input (rush hour traffic driving) in comfort mode only. no issue in sport mode.

rpm: 1000-2000 rpm, throttle input less than 30%..

anyone have this issue also?

log
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ae07423d10b433fa2830147
In order to log properly you need to do some WOT pulls starting from 2500 rpm. Just logging random driving around won't really tell you anything. Hit start log, pin it as long as you're comfortable, stop log then repeat.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 10:01 AM   #475
designatedposter
Second Lieutenant
52
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: m235i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: ct

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dope steez View Post
In order to log properly you need to do some WOT pulls starting from 2500 rpm. Just logging random driving around won't really tell you anything. Hit start log, pin it as long as you're comfortable, stop log then repeat.
i understand the concept of WOT logging, but my issue is specific to low rpm, low throttle input, in comfort mode (no issue in sport mode).

would a WOT log really help diagnose my issue? Either way, i will get that this evening. thanks.
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2018, 10:06 AM   #476
rocklobsta1109
Private
United_States
42
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 DCT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post
i understand the concept of WOT logging, but my issue is specific to low rpm, low throttle input, in comfort mode (no issue in sport mode).

would a WOT log really help diagnose my issue? Either way, i will get that this evening. thanks.
as i stated in my post above, driveability tuning and logging doesn't seem to be a priority to really anyone on here at this point which is totally backwards from my previous experience. I don't think WOT logs will help diagnose your issue, and unfortunately it seems like an issue that a custom tuner may be best equipped to help with.

Even on the stage 1 93 tune I also get some surging at low throttle positions where it feels like the car is trying to make way too much boost down low given throttle position and load so it bucks and surges, however it pulls smoothly at WOT, so I'm in a similar boat where part or low throttle position tuning needs to be moved up the priority chain. We all don't drive at WOT all the time so this makes the most sense.
Appreciate 1
akgambino164.00

      04-25-2018, 10:16 AM   #477
akgambino
Lieutenant
Canada
164
Rep
443
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 335xi M-Sport (PWG)
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Saskatchewan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklobsta1109 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post
i understand the concept of WOT logging, but my issue is specific to low rpm, low throttle input, in comfort mode (no issue in sport mode).

would a WOT log really help diagnose my issue? Either way, i will get that this evening. thanks.
as i stated in my post above, driveability tuning and logging doesn't seem to be a priority to really anyone on here at this point which is totally backwards from my previous experience. I don't think WOT logs will help diagnose your issue, and unfortunately it seems like an issue that a custom tuner may be best equipped to help with.

Even on the stage 1 93 tune I also get some surging at low throttle positions where it feels like the car is trying to make way too much boost down low given throttle position and load so it bucks and surges, however it pulls smoothly at WOT, so I'm in a similar boat where part or low throttle position tuning needs to be moved up the priority chain. We all don't drive at WOT all the time so this makes the most sense.
Absolutely agree and I have these types of issues especially in the 2000-3500rom range in 3/4/5/6 gear with moderate throttle input I am met with stumbling.
__________________
2013 F30 335i xDrive M-Sport 6MT (FBO/BM3 custom tune by HCP, 91 oct)
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2018, 10:18 AM   #478
the dope steez
Captain
Canada
370
Rep
808
Posts

Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Shredmonton, Illberta

iTrader: (0)

Sure but I don't know how we would see anything show up in the logs at low RPM? Driveability is definitely important but I reckon it will be hard to track those intermittent issues when logging. I guess maybe time your run to the start of the log, then note the time where your issue happens so you can go to the log and cross reference it later? Otherwise there's no way of really determining if anything is off by just reading the logs alone..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 10:26 AM   #479
designatedposter
Second Lieutenant
52
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: m235i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: ct

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dope steez View Post
Sure but I don't know how we would see anything show up in the logs at low RPM? Driveability is definitely important but I reckon it will be hard to track those intermittent issues when logging. I guess maybe time your run to the start of the log, then note the time where your issue happens so you can go to the log and cross reference it later? Otherwise there's no way of really determining if anything is off by just reading the logs alone..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dope steez View Post
Sure but I don't know how we would see anything show up in the logs at low RPM? Driveability is definitely important but I reckon it will be hard to track those intermittent issues when logging. I guess maybe time your run to the start of the log, then note the time where your issue happens so you can go to the log and cross reference it later? Otherwise there's no way of really determining if anything is off by just reading the logs alone..
noted, I'll try to specify exactly where it happens for all the experts here, but more importantly I'll send it to the ots tuners
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 10:28 AM   #480
rocklobsta1109
Private
United_States
42
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 DCT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dope steez View Post
Sure but I don't know how we would see anything show up in the logs at low RPM? Driveability is definitely important but I reckon it will be hard to track those intermittent issues when logging. I guess maybe time your run to the start of the log, then note the time where your issue happens so you can go to the log and cross reference it later? Otherwise there's no way of really determining if anything is off by just reading the logs alone..
It should be possible, in my case at least, to see that at sub 50% throttle and pre throttle boost is up over 12psi that there's an issue there. I don't have a log handy to show this but I've seen 35-40% throttle and pre throttle boost is over 12psi where MAP pressure is at like 6 psi. You can audibly hear the turbo working hard and the car lurches and if you stay in it, it will buck and stumble.

this makes me think part throttle or lower load boost targets are too aggressive. I enjoy a big surge of torque down low but it makes driving the car an on/off switch at a certain point and part throttle modulation in this range becomes a real chore (think in a twisty back road or track environment)
Appreciate 2
      04-25-2018, 08:53 PM   #481
FSociety
2020 X3M/X4M Coming Soon
FSociety's Avatar
No_Country
3244
Rep
7,134
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC NJ CT PA FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Looks like most of the issues are all PWG cars
Throttle was fixed/perfected in V5 and V6 (even more) for EWG cars
OTS is an OTS wont be perfect on every car and they're trying their best to accommodate
The best thing we can do is provide those logs "Request Update" so they can see/fix/adjust fix for next version.
__________________
Appreciate 1
akgambino164.00

      04-26-2018, 07:48 AM   #482
designatedposter
Second Lieutenant
52
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: m235i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: ct

iTrader: (0)

here's a log in regards to the issue I explained above above surging in low rpm, low throttle input.

i don't know how to trim it, so focus on the very end where it goes from 0 to about 1800 rpm.

this only happens in comfort and eco mode, how ironic. very smooth in sport mode.

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ae1c0f6d10b433a1148f1c7

[IMG]undefined[/IMG]
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 08:13 AM   #483
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
JaredG_F30's Avatar
984
Rep
1,505
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Turn on your throttle angle % and aceel pedal %. You'll see that the area that you've highlighed with the WG dudty cycle spikes coorelates with throttle angle % spikes with no change in accel pedal %. So bascially, with out any input from you, the throttle is momentarily spiking, whcih I would expect to cause the jerkiness/surging that you are feeling. I'm not sure what would cause this though. Did you share this on the bm2 facebook page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post
here's a log in regards to the issue I explained above above surging in low rpm, low throttle input.

i don't know how to trim it, so focus on the very end where it goes from 0 to about 1800 rpm.

this only happens in comfort and eco mode, how ironic. very smooth in sport mode.

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ae1c0f6d10b433a1148f1c7

[IMG]undefined[/IMG]
__________________

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 1
FSociety3244.00

      04-26-2018, 08:18 AM   #484
designatedposter
Second Lieutenant
52
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: m235i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: ct

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredG_F30 View Post
Turn on your throttle angle % and aceel pedal %. You'll see that the area that you've highlighed with the WG dudty cycle spikes coorelates with throttle angle % spikes with no change in accel pedal %. So bascially, with out any input from you, the throttle is momentarily spiking, whcih I would expect to cause the jerkiness/surging that you are feeling. I'm not sure what would cause this though. Did you share this on the bm2 facebook page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post
here's a log in regards to the issue I explained above above surging in low rpm, low throttle input.

i don't know how to trim it, so focus on the very end where it goes from 0 to about 1800 rpm.

this only happens in comfort and eco mode, how ironic. very smooth in sport mode.

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5ae1c0f6d10b433a1148f1c7

[IMG]undefined[/IMG]
thanks! no I haven't posted this there because that page is a mess full of burble videos and comments. those get the most attention so they float to the top of the heap and most technical discussions get buried immediately.

is there a way to trim logs for better viewing?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bm3, bmw, bootmod3

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST