F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Noisy Center speaker after Amp upgrade
proTUNING Freaks

10-19-2023, 07:25 AM   #1
shubzy
Registered
Rep
Drives: F34 Gran Turismo

Unhappy Noisy Center speaker after Amp upgrade

Hello,

I have a '19 F34. recently upgraded the amp to Match UP 7BMW. It was installed by an authorized installer recommended by Audiotec Fischer themselves.

However after the install -- on turning on the ignition there is this strange whizzing noise heard only on the dash speaker.

It stops if/when other tones in the car plays. Ex: any alarm from any sensor etc. but continues to whizz after that.

attaching link with the video for reference.

https://easyupload.io/i46j9h

Any suggestions on this?
Tx
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 08:56 AM   #2
Oksamit78
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, F30 & F34

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubzy View Post
Hello,

I have a '19 F34. recently upgraded the amp to Match UP 7BMW. It was installed by an authorized installer recommended by Audiotec Fischer themselves.

However after the install -- on turning on the ignition there is this strange whizzing noise heard only on the dash speaker.

It stops if/when other tones in the car plays. Ex: any alarm from any sensor etc. but continues to whizz after that.

attaching link with the video for reference.

https://easyupload.io/i46j9h

Any suggestions on this?
Tx
Start with re-checking the connections - make sure all plugs (all that were disturbed with replacement of the amp) are inserted correctly to the full depth and with good contact. Make sure all the pins are clean with no rust and such. Might want to use contact cleaner or similar.

If that does not work, remove amp and re-install the stock one to verify the noise goes away. If it does - return the aftermarket amp for replacement/repair.

Good luck.
2017 F34 340i XDrive w/ M Sport Pack, Azure II /Black, B58B30M0, Dinan Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2023, 04:20 AM   #3
shubzy
Registered
Rep
Drives: F34 Gran Turismo

Tweeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksamit78 View Post
Start with re-checking the connections - make sure all plugs (all that were disturbed with replacement of the amp) are inserted correctly to the full depth and with good contact. Make sure all the pins are clean with no rust and such. Might want to use contact cleaner or similar.

If that does not work, remove amp and re-install the stock one to verify the noise goes away. If it does - return the aftermarket amp for replacement/repair.

Good luck.
Thanks a lot for your response.

I had mistaken it for a noise coming from the center speaker. It's actually the tweeters that's making that noise at start-up

Had taken the vehicle to the installer over the weekend. He did all the above steps. checked connections. reconnected. (didn't tweak the tune/reduce gain etc)
He even installed a URC.3 to check if noise persists etc.

He said this is the first time ever he's encountering such an issue - Ran out of ideas - wanted me to take the "workaround" --> Buy the URC.3 -- which I flatly refused.

The only thing left is to write to Audiotec Fischer with the details and see what they got to say about this.

It's annoying to say the least!
Appreciate 0