F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Lease return damage?
ARMA SPEED

05-13-2016, 02:01 PM   #1
E92Mazing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
Lease return damage?

Hey all, anyone know if I can expect to be billed for this upon lease return? I have a good relationship with my dealer and most likely will lease again. The damage happened this morning while I was stopped at a red light, some kid on a skateboard must have lost control, his skateboard flew into my car hard and the kid took off...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 02:18 PM   #2
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

A decent body shop should be able to buff most of that out for minimal charge. Then some Dr color chip and you'll be fine. My guy and I do "lease fixed" vs "real fixed" often enough.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 02:22 PM   #3
E92Mazing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4
A decent body shop should be able to buff most of that out for minimal charge. Then some Dr color chip and you'll be fine. My guy and I do "lease fixed" vs "real fixed" often enough.
Thanks for the feedback, the photo is after I took out most of the surface damage with some scratch x. Will try again tomorrow with the porter cable tomorrow and some compound and fill in the rest with touch up. My real concern is with the surface scratch on the headlight. Don't see any guidelines about scratches on headlights, only cracks.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 02:23 PM   #4
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Mazing
Hey all, anyone know if I can expect to be billed for this upon lease return? I have a good relationship with my dealer and most likely will lease again. The damage happened this morning while I was stopped at a red light, some kid on a skateboard must have lost control, his skateboard flew into my car hard and the kid took off...
If you are leasing or buying again then you are good. If you aren't getting another car from that dealership you need to fix/hide those small mishaps. Like someone else stated already find someone to touch it up so its not that noticeable
      05-13-2016, 02:31 PM   #5
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Mazing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4
Thanks for the feedback, the photo is after I took out most of the surface damage with some scratch x. Will try again tomorrow with the porter cable tomorrow and some compound and fill in the rest with touch up. My real concern is with the surface scratch on the headlight. Don't see any guidelines about scratches on headlights, only cracks.
Think you should be fine once everything else is touched up. None of these things by themselves are an issue but it seems worse than it is given that you've got 3 attention grabbing problems all together.
Appreciate 0