F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 4 GC experience
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-31-2014, 10:20 AM   #1
Leo bimmer
Private First Class
Leo bimmer's Avatar
Greece
11
Rep
101
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 428i GC M-sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Athens

iTrader: (0)

4 GC experience

Just took delivery of a 428i GC, let's talk and discuss about the gran coupe and experiences with it


Update:
just took it for a drive, feels decent, enough power for everyday use. The exhaust note enhancement sounded decent (only revved to 4500 rpm, don't want to red line it, it's still new). It rides quite well in comfort, but slightly harsh in sport. Noise insulation is also pretty good, the tire noise might be slightly loud. iDrive is a bit confusing at first, there are too many electronics! The car turned a few heads as it is the first and only one in Greece at the moment. Otherwise, very similar to f30

*sorry, the pics aren't great, they were taken in the dealership, haven't got chance to take any more pictures
Attached Images
  

Last edited by Leo bimmer; 07-31-2014 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 11:11 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
13958
Rep
151,122
Posts


Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo bimmer View Post
Just took delivery of a 428i GC, let's talk and discuss about the gran coupe and experiences with it

pictures coming soon!
Im confused
Please tell us about your experience.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #3
DJ Rocc
Major
DJ Rocc's Avatar
Jamaica
154
Rep
1,089
Posts

Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Im confused
Please tell us about your experience.
Maybe he's still in the editing phase?
__________________
My Ride! : 2015 428i Gran Coupe (F36) - MSport, Alpine White, Black Leather, MSport Brakes, Adaptive Suspension, 8 Speed Sport Auto w/Paddles, Sport/Mem. Seats, Hex. Alum w/Black Piano, HK Sound, 18" 400m's, Alarm, Xenon, Fogs, Comfort Access, >Storage, >Instr. Panel.
Upgrades: Fog Bulbs. Coded: Alarm Chirp, Sport Displays, M4 Sound, Trunk Button Close,
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 12:53 PM   #4
Leo bimmer
Private First Class
Leo bimmer's Avatar
Greece
11
Rep
101
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 428i GC M-sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Athens

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Im confused
Please tell us about your experience.
sorry if i confused you, just saying if you own a 4 GC, we can have some discussions about the car; or if anyone wants to know anything about the car, i am willing to help out as best as i can
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 12:56 PM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
13958
Rep
151,122
Posts


Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo bimmer View Post
sorry if i confused you, just saying if you own a 4 GC, we can have some discussions about the car; or if anyone wants to know anything about the car, i am willing to help out as best as i can
Since you have created the thread and you have test drove one , why dont you tell us about your experience.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 01:05 PM   #6
Leo bimmer
Private First Class
Leo bimmer's Avatar
Greece
11
Rep
101
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 428i GC M-sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Athens

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Since you have created the thread and you have test drove one , why dont you tell us about your experience.
I will don't worry
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 01:37 PM   #7
Daas
Second Lieutenant
54
Rep
267
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo bimmer View Post
The exhaust note enhancement sounded decent
Is there such a thing on 4-series? For a N20 engine, it sure sounds good inside the vehicle, but I don't think they are pumping any fake engine sound. I think the sound is from the intake under the hood only.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 01:58 PM   #8
Leo bimmer
Private First Class
Leo bimmer's Avatar
Greece
11
Rep
101
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 428i GC M-sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Athens

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad View Post
Is there such a thing on 4-series? For a N20 engine, it sure sounds good inside the vehicle, but I don't think they are pumping any fake engine sound. I think the sound is from the intake under the hood only.
it is enhanced, it definitely isn't a 4-banger sound. If you watch and/or read some reviews, they mention the artificially enhanced sound Also, the sound comes in at ~3500rpm
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 02:01 PM   #9
DJ Rocc
Major
DJ Rocc's Avatar
Jamaica
154
Rep
1,089
Posts

Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

iTrader: (0)

Yes it's Piped through the Stereo Speakers.

It's apparently more "pleasing" when in Sport or Sport Plus Modes.
__________________
My Ride! : 2015 428i Gran Coupe (F36) - MSport, Alpine White, Black Leather, MSport Brakes, Adaptive Suspension, 8 Speed Sport Auto w/Paddles, Sport/Mem. Seats, Hex. Alum w/Black Piano, HK Sound, 18" 400m's, Alarm, Xenon, Fogs, Comfort Access, >Storage, >Instr. Panel.
Upgrades: Fog Bulbs. Coded: Alarm Chirp, Sport Displays, M4 Sound, Trunk Button Close,
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 02:12 PM   #10
Leo bimmer
Private First Class
Leo bimmer's Avatar
Greece
11
Rep
101
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 428i GC M-sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Athens

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rocc View Post
Yes it's Piped through the Stereo Speakers.

It's apparently more "pleasing" when in Sport or Sport Plus Modes.
exactly, i think it is only there in sport/sport+
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 02:17 PM   #11
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
8392
Rep
25,677
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMWs to "ALL" US states

iTrader: (4)

the 4GC is one of my fav BMW. Never get tired of looking at them
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:jmiller@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 02:20 PM   #12
Leo bimmer
Private First Class
Leo bimmer's Avatar
Greece
11
Rep
101
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 428i GC M-sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Athens

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
the 4GC is one of my fav BMW. Never get tired of looking at them
it looks even better in real life
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 02:24 PM   #13
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
8392
Rep
25,677
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMWs to "ALL" US states

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo bimmer View Post
it looks even better in real life
yes it does!
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:jmiller@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 02:25 PM   #14
Kre62
Private
39
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: 2015 435GC
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (0)

Hi Leo

So it sounds like you aren't too satisfied with the N20, am I right? What are your thoughts on engine power? I am about to order a 4GC and am trying to decide between a 428 and 435..any regrets? Wish you had the 35?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 02:35 PM   #15
Leo bimmer
Private First Class
Leo bimmer's Avatar
Greece
11
Rep
101
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 428i GC M-sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Athens

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kre62
Hi Leo

So it sounds like you aren't too satisfied with the N20, am I right? What are your thoughts on engine power? I am about to order a 4GC and am trying to decide between a 428 and 435..any regrets? Wish you had the 35?
Don't get me wrong, the n20 is a great engine, it's free revving and fairly refined. It has adequate power for daily use, plus the sound enhancements are pretty good. Of course the n55 is better, but the n20 is lighter, making the car more willing to turn, and not to mention cheaper. It's your choice
Here the 35 is so much more expensive, I would rather get a very basic m3 for a little bit more money. Plus we can barely use all the power of the n20, so not many regrets.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 02:50 PM   #16
DJ Rocc
Major
DJ Rocc's Avatar
Jamaica
154
Rep
1,089
Posts

Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo bimmer View Post
Don't get me wrong, the n20 is a great engine, it's free revving and fairly refined. It has adequate power for daily use, plus the sound enhancements are pretty good. Of course the n55 is better, but the n20 is lighter, making the car more willing to turn, and not to mention cheaper. It's your choice
Here the 35 is so much more expensive, I would rather get a very basic m3 for a little bit more money. Plus we can barely use all the power of the n20, so not many regrets.
do you have ANY regrets so far? Any option you wish you had gotten?
__________________
My Ride! : 2015 428i Gran Coupe (F36) - MSport, Alpine White, Black Leather, MSport Brakes, Adaptive Suspension, 8 Speed Sport Auto w/Paddles, Sport/Mem. Seats, Hex. Alum w/Black Piano, HK Sound, 18" 400m's, Alarm, Xenon, Fogs, Comfort Access, >Storage, >Instr. Panel.
Upgrades: Fog Bulbs. Coded: Alarm Chirp, Sport Displays, M4 Sound, Trunk Button Close,
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 02:51 PM   #17
Leo bimmer
Private First Class
Leo bimmer's Avatar
Greece
11
Rep
101
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 428i GC M-sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Athens

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rocc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo bimmer View Post
Don't get me wrong, the n20 is a great engine, it's free revving and fairly refined. It has adequate power for daily use, plus the sound enhancements are pretty good. Of course the n55 is better, but the n20 is lighter, making the car more willing to turn, and not to mention cheaper. It's your choice
Here the 35 is so much more expensive, I would rather get a very basic m3 for a little bit more money. Plus we can barely use all the power of the n20, so not many regrets.
do you have ANY regrets so far? Any option you wish you had gotten?
Amazingly, no
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 04:37 PM   #18
Daas
Second Lieutenant
54
Rep
267
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo bimmer View Post
it is enhanced, it definitely isn't a 4-banger sound. If you watch and/or read some reviews, they mention the artificially enhanced sound Also, the sound comes in at ~3500rpm
Is that for all N20 engines, or just F32/F36? That explains why it sounds so much better inside the car in Sports mode!
__________________
2018 M3
Mineral White | Sakhir Orange | ZCP

Previous
2015 F36 428i GC; 2007 E92 335i; 2002 E46 325i
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 01:07 AM   #19
Leo bimmer
Private First Class
Leo bimmer's Avatar
Greece
11
Rep
101
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 428i GC M-sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Athens

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad View Post
Is that for all N20 engines, or just F32/F36? That explains why it sounds so much better inside the car in Sports mode!
I am not sure, it might be only for the f36
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #20
ryanSTL
First Lieutenant
ryanSTL's Avatar
104
Rep
347
Posts

Drives: '15 435GC rwd
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St. Louis

iTrader: (0)

i have the 435GC and just got back from a 1600 mile road trip. If you enjoy spirited driving, you have to get the bigger engine in my opinion. For the small price difference, you get a huge usable power upgrade. The car is always ready to play and sounds good doing it.

My only regret on my build (bought off the lot) is that I don't have the M brakes. I mostly say that because of looks, but I know the performance would be better too.

For those who are into luxury, you should consider the leather dash upgrade. There were other posts w/ pics on this forum that were beautiful!! I'd rather spend the money on other things, but that's just me.

I prefer my 18" wheels over the 19" upgrade. These will be my winters next year after I see some 19" or 20" aftermarket setups that I like for summer. I have a tint appointment in 2 hours and I'm ordering spacers online this morning.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 09:20 AM   #21
Lafinkel
Private
16
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2015 428i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanSTL View Post
i have the 435GC and just got back from a 1600 mile road trip. If you enjoy spirited driving, you have to get the bigger engine in my opinion. For the small price difference, you get a huge usable power upgrade. The car is always ready to play and sounds good doing it.

My only regret on my build (bought off the lot) is that I don't have the M brakes. I mostly say that because of looks, but I know the performance would be better too.

For those who are into luxury, you should consider the leather dash upgrade. There were other posts w/ pics on this forum that were beautiful!! I'd rather spend the money on other things, but that's just me.

I prefer my 18" wheels over the 19" upgrade. These will be my winters next year after I see some 19" or 20" aftermarket setups that I like for summer. I have a tint appointment in 2 hours and I'm ordering spacers online this morning.
I completely agree. I am selling my 328 to get a 435GC. You'll never regret having a more powerful engine.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 09:25 AM   #22
DJ Rocc
Major
DJ Rocc's Avatar
Jamaica
154
Rep
1,089
Posts

Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafinkel View Post
I completely agree. I am selling my 328 to get a 435GC. You'll never regret having a more powerful engine.
I would love to have gotten the I6, but here you would have to pay 10,000 more! And I think I will love the fuel economy/power ratio of the 428i!
__________________
My Ride! : 2015 428i Gran Coupe (F36) - MSport, Alpine White, Black Leather, MSport Brakes, Adaptive Suspension, 8 Speed Sport Auto w/Paddles, Sport/Mem. Seats, Hex. Alum w/Black Piano, HK Sound, 18" 400m's, Alarm, Xenon, Fogs, Comfort Access, >Storage, >Instr. Panel.
Upgrades: Fog Bulbs. Coded: Alarm Chirp, Sport Displays, M4 Sound, Trunk Button Close,

Last edited by DJ Rocc; 08-02-2014 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
f36 4 series gran coupe

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST