F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover > FOR SALE: 6MT BMW 340i xDrive - Fully Loaded
GetBMWParts

08-27-2023, 03:41 PM   #1
Blackbeard
Rep
Drives: BMW 340xi F30

Garage List
FOR SALE: 6MT BMW 340i xDrive - Fully Loaded

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 37,500.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Looking to sell my unique, 4-wheel drive, 2018 LCI BMW 340i xDrive, a car I've had my eye on for a while. I originally bought it from out of state specifically for its rare 6-speed manual transmission. It also is known for being the closest in size and style to the E39 M5, my all-time dream car since childhood.

The car is a rare find with all the packages loaded in it (i.e., heads-up display, 4-wheel drive, manual transmission, 4-doors, excellent power, huge trunk, and lots of room for rear-seat passengers, performance handling). Furthermore, I just got 4 brand new Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires (265 all around with less than 1000 miles on them) with a warranty from America's Tire - they really give the car a whole new character and hug roads insanely.

No modifications were made under the hood. The only modifications I performed were to enhance aesthetics: I added the spoiler made by ALPINA, purchased directly from an official ALPINA distributor; ALPINA parts require professional painting to match the vehicle's color, in my case Mineral Grey Metallic. I also upgraded the shifter to an M Shifter found on the 2018 M3. The ALPINA spoiler, the M Shifter and the original shifter will come with purchase.

Initially, I had plans to perform and official ALPINA B3 Biturbo conversation (i.e., Akropovic exhaust, ALPINA rims, etc.) but things have changed, as I have accepted a job offer in another state that involves cycling to work, so it's time for me to let go.

This car has been well taken care of, with maintenance carried out at BMW dealerships and Pep Boys for the brakes with all OEM and OE spec German parts. Also has the Harmon Kardon sound system.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 10:48 PM   #2
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
I’m curious how you arrived at your asking price. It would probably be a good idea to post more detailed photos that are more business and less artistic.

There is a member who has posted in this forum that he is basically looking for your car, but he’s not looking for it at $43,500.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

08-28-2023, 11:33 PM   #3
Blackbeard
Rep

Garage List
tturedraider

thanks for the lookout for interested buyers!

To respond to your post, my 340i xDrive was appraised by a close friend who has his own dealership. He informed me that because of the current market metrics, my car’s condition and packages + having less than 50k miles makes my car a total unicorn. Furthermore, he said for $43.5k including the extended warranty for my manual, 4-wheel drive with all options and ALPINA parts makes it an easy sell.

Basically, because BMW discontinued their non-M manual transmissions, it is impossible for people who love 6MTs to find an entry level premium vehicle, not to mention one that has never been tuned before and has the potential to go up to 900hp for under $6k (B58 engine).

Happy to answer any other questions you may have.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 11:35 PM   #4
Blackbeard
Rep

Garage List
tturedraider also, thanks for the advice about the pictures.

Happy to develop new photos upon request for any users that want specific details. Feel free to DM me.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2023, 12:06 AM   #5
CalExpat
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335i Sedan

Please respond with a detailed list of options, packages (M Sport or standard, heated seats f/r), wheel and tire specifications, time remaining in the warranty, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 09:26 PM   #6
derocknc
Rep
Drives: '18 340i 6MT, '14 Q50, '18 A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
tturedraider

thanks for the lookout for interested buyers!

To respond to your post, my 340i xDrive was appraised by a close friend who has his own dealership. He informed me that because of the current market metrics, my car’s condition and packages + having less than 50k miles makes my car a total unicorn. Furthermore, he said for $43.5k including the extended warranty for my manual, 4-wheel drive with all options and ALPINA parts makes it an easy sell.

Basically, because BMW discontinued their non-M manual transmissions, it is impossible for people who love 6MTs to find an entry level premium vehicle, not to mention one that has never been tuned before and has the potential to go up to 900hp for under $6k (B58 engine).

Happy to answer any other questions you may have.
As someone who searched for this exact spec (340 + manual + M Sport) with ~50k miles I can vouch that they're super hard to maintain. So much so that I started looking for F80 M3s because they were way easier to find, even though I don't prefer the S55.

I ended up having to buy basically sight unseen because I kept losing out to people beating me to the punch. I had to fly from NC to NYC the day the car was listed and drive back the next day. These are not easy to find. My car was listed a little cheaper but it has a few more miles and no HUD.

OP, you should probably post a detailed list or the sticker as suggested because, speaking for myself, I always liked to see what I was looking for exactly in terms of the packages (ie. M Sport kit, track and handling package, etc).
Appreciate 0