F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
proTUNING Freaks

08-12-2020, 07:26 AM   #4159
eljay
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M + E91

:
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 09:11 AM   #4160
alexnaoumov
Rep
Drives: 118i E81

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
Don’t take the piss mate.

Get onto the manufacturers for a fix, don’t expect the community to make fixes so that you can sell more products.
I'm talking about the manufacturer, not the community.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 10:59 AM   #4161
evilFive
Rep
Drives: i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnaoumov View Post
But what the community is telling you is that if you want to sell more units for a profit from a manufacturer you should put pressure on that manufacturer to make the updates that you want.

In short, you should "partner" with the manufacturer and create a mutually beneficial relationship where you guarantee revenue for them which makes them want to invest in the development to make the changes you are requesting.

Last edited by evilFive; 08-12-2020 at 11:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 11:27 AM   #4162
Marlon1985
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Hi guys I bought Andream unit on 4 July last month just to test how it works. I have installed the custom firmware from these guys. I bought it for 260USD. I’m going to buy android screen so I’m selling this part. If any one is interested PM me.

NBT version.
Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      08-12-2020, 02:00 PM   #4163
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnaoumov View Post
Then why are you asking us for an ETA on the fix...?
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2020, 03:47 PM   #4164
farukdanis
Rep
Drives: 320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
Anyone have a good suggestion on an alternative vendor than Andream for the hardware?

I bought an Andream unit 6 weeks ago direct from their website store and it's been a bit of a pain in the rear ever since. Their shipping company lost the package in the US (no movement in over 3 weeks) and the guys over at Andream have basically washed their hands of the situation saying there's nothing they can do about it because they can't track the package.

I'd probably caution others from purchasing direct from their web store as well or just use another version.

The whole reason for going with Andream was that it appeared to be better supported especially among a lot of the custom firmware work going on but now it's looking like that's less important now.

my choice is carlinkit: https://bit.ly/3jX2BZC
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 06:52 AM   #4165
ianlaverick
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Some really useful information in here! I went for a Road Top unit from Amazon for my 2014 F30 which has the CIC-HIGH and the larger screen (Pro Nav).

I got everything installed in a couple of hours, although had to remove the glove box to fit the unit.

It seems to be working ok, Siri functions and calls work fine all through the factory microphone, Music is good quality through the Aux cable.

The only thing I've noticed is when I go into reverse and my parking sensors come on there's no Tone / Beep when it detects an obstruction. The screen shows it's picked something up but no matter if I'm in the CarPlay software of the BMW iDrive I cannot get it to beep anymore. Has anyone else had this issue?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 08:54 AM   #4166
NOTORIOUS VR
Rep
Drives: B5 S4

Quote:
The sw version suggests it's an Andream unit, so the pin should be 2863

Strange HW Version though
Just wanted to update you and say thanks - 2863 worked! Strange because I thought I had tried that one - but maybe it locks out after trying too many codes before I got to trying that one.

The upgrade went smoothly and transformed the unit into what it should have been! Auto Day/Night also works now (didn't with the stock FW).

Only issue I am seeing is that sometimes the unit really grinds to a halt - not sure what is the cause just yet. Temperature (hot?), BT connection, my phone or the unit. It doesn't always do it, but it seems do be consistently an issue mid-day with our warm temps.

I suppose I should also try to see how things work with a wired connection as a test.

If you have any suggestions I'd welcome it!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 10:02 AM   #4167
Chase123
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30

A few problems with andream

Hello together! I hope somebody can help me.

I use the andream nbt unit and everything works fine expect 2 little things: (CarPlay) I didn't flash the unit, the software is original.

1. Does anybody else have the problem, that the sound doesn't work sometimes when you start the car? (Just Music) I have to reboot the box and then everything works fine again 🤔 but I don't want to reboot the box every time I start my car

2. My Siri only works with music and navigation, but not for sending text messages. Besides that I cannot use the steering wheel button to activate Siri, just with "hey Siri" Do you know how to fix that?

Thank you so much in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 01:12 PM   #4168
grocerylist
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [10.00]
I just flashed v2.0.B0.mod on my Andream unit. I love the clean bimmertech menu! Moving around the menus in AA via the idrive controller is much snappier.

I have a question about Autolink. I've tried launching it multiple times and it seems my phone is having a battle between Autolink and Android Auto. I can briefly get Autolink to connect but within seconds, AA seems to kill it and launch. I've looked to see if there were any AA wired autolaunch settings but haven't found any. I've turned off wifi and BT to make sure they're not somehow launching AA.

Has anyone experienced this with trying to use Autolink and/or does anyone know have any tips to get it working?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 01:51 PM   #4169
cri5py
Rep
Drives: 2012 320i

I'm pretty sure I have an Andream unit. The CarPlay phone does not work well at all. Seems it uses a 3rd party dialer, that overrides the default phone app. The quality is terrible. One way audio or sometimes no audio at all.

SDK Version: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
CUST Version: ZY3.0.2.B
MCU Version: 20.6.2.0
HW Version: BMW_NBT

In my other car, I have a Carlinkkit and works perfectly.
SDK Version: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0
CUST Version: 9.1.9.yl.b
MCU Version: 20.1.4.11

Thinking maybe I should get my Andream unit to the same Carlinkit, but I don't know how...

Or should I update to the latest custom firmware?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 01:52 PM   #4170
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cri5py View Post
I'm pretty sure I have an Andream unit. The CarPlay phone does not work well at all. Seems it uses a 3rd party dialer, that overrides the default phone app. The quality is terrible. One way audio or sometimes no audio at all.

SDK Version: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
CUST Version: ZY3.0.2.B
MCU Version: 20.6.2.0

In my other car, I have a Carlinkkit and works perfectly.
SDK Version: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0
CUST Version: 9.1.9.yl.b
MCU Version: 20.1.4.11

Thinking maybe I should get my Andream unit to the same Carlinkit, but I don't know how...

Or should I update to the latest custom firmware?
ZY3.0.2.B is not andream.

Where did you buy from ?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 01:59 PM   #4171
cri5py
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase123 View Post

I use the andream nbt unit and everything works fine expect 2 little things: (CarPlay) I didn't flash the unit, the software is original.

1. Does anybody else have the problem, that the sound doesn't work sometimes when you start the car? (Just Music) I have to reboot the box and then everything works fine again 🤔 but I don't want to reboot the box every time I start my car

2. My Siri only works with music and navigation, but not for sending text messages. Besides that I cannot use the steering wheel button to activate Siri, just with "hey Siri" Do you know how to fix that?

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Thinking about flashing it, not sure how though.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 02:01 PM   #4172
cri5py
Rep

Quote:
ZY3.0.2.B is not andream.

Where did you buy from ?
I had it installed from a local shop. So I don't know what exactly it is. But the code 2863 let me pass to the upgrade menu. When I tired to update it using ISPBOOOT.BIN said "No GEMINI_PACK.BIN here!"

So I don't know...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 02:21 PM   #4173
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I had it installed from a local shop. So I don't know what exactly it is. But the code 2863 let me pass to the upgrade menu. When I tired to update it using ISPBOOOT.BIN said "No GEMINI_PACK.BIN here!"

So I don't know...
Post some screen shots of the settings menu and the icons on the main screen.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 02:37 PM   #4174
Chase123
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase123 View Post

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Thinking about flashing it, not sure how though.
Yes, that might solve the problem. But I'm not sure either.. does anybody else have those issues?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 03:05 PM   #4175
cri5py
Rep

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 03:08 PM   #4176
cri5py
Rep

By the way. I just restarted the car to take the screenshots, and alas, the original CarPlay phone app was on, instead of the random one which i can only assume it's the default BT one from the MMI... Works well now. Going to test it a bit more to see what's up. But seems my only issue has been resolved. I did play a bit with the settings, and reset the BT settings. So maybe that's what's fixed it. Will post once I get a bit more time playing with it.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 03:14 PM   #4177
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Quote:

It seems that there are more and more versions of these things everyday.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 03:17 PM   #4178
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Not seen that UI before, although I have seen the icons in a very old Andream update.

But as your unit is asking for a Gemini_Pack.bin it makes me think it's 1 of the newer "02B" units.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 04:08 PM   #4179
random_flasher
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly1337 View Post
Hey,

here's the newest update for our custom version: v2.0.B0.mod for BMW NBT and v2.0.M0.mod for MINI NBT. They are available on the 1st page.
The biggest change is that this version will run on any device. It does not matter if you have an Andream, Carlinkit, RoadTop or Bimmertech device.
It is based on the latest Bimmertech update featuring their UI (see below).

//Edit: Since it's based on the Bimmertech update, calls on AA should be fixed as well.
//Edit2: A word regarding MCU updates: With this update you can only flash the MCU updates by Bimmertech. Flashing the default MCU from Andream/Carlinkit etc is only possible on their firmware. Currently there is no need to do anything (no new features etc), so you can leave everything as is. Also note that Bimmertech transforms the first digits of the MCU version from '20' to '10'.

I'd like to take the opportunity and thank cossie1 for the update, he really did most of the changes and created many new icons and images.
Also thanks to dkeruza and Feisar328i for their continuous support and muniz_ri and xDHC for test flashing the update

Changelog/Contents:
  • Android Auto Widescreen Fix
  • Android Auto DPI Fix
  • Autolink Mirroring Screen Size Fix
  • Renamed MMI to BMW-MMI/MINI-MMI for Carplay and AA
  • Replaced MMI icon with BMW/MINI icon
  • Replaced car image on integrated PDC/camera screen
  • Changed icons to Blue when highlighted
  • Removed update / key checks
  • BMW/MINI Boot Logo
  • Custom Flash/update screen

Attachment 2380355

Any pictures of the update please ? especially for the integrated PDC/camera screen please
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 05:27 PM   #4180
MrSeabass
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Got a problem :/

The CIC RoadTop from Amazon arrived (still waiting on instructions) so I started the disassembly process of the console. Right off the bat, it looks like there is going to be no room whatsoever for the device as the stereo unit is a full double DIN style, and the 'gap' above it stops about two inches in. 2013 F25, how screwed am I with this install?

Last edited by MrSeabass; 08-13-2020 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 1