F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
ARMA SPEED

05-12-2020, 06:26 PM   #1981
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thormus View Post
This thing worth it for car play?
Since it's about your best option for carplay.........yes
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 06:45 PM   #1982
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammed707 View Post
For the auto nightmode to work with my android phone I changed the setting on my s10 to automatic dark mode so as soon as the sun sets my phone goes to dark mode and so does the mmi box
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDHC View Post
Yes thats been a work around but this doesnt work when you drive into a tunnel during the day for example.

It should be fully automated based on car, not phone in my opinion.
Here is my tasker profile for automatic night mode switching based on ambient lighting:https://drive.google.com/open?id=12R...W6U4B_tPbL4v3b

After installing Tasker and granting the required permissions on your Android phone you should:

1. Place the above profile file on your phone's storage.
2. Install Minimal ADB on your PC.
3. Enable USB Debugging in Developer Settings on your phone.
4. Connect your phone to your PC via usb and run Minimal ADB. Type "adb devices" and agree to the popup that will appear on your phone.
5. Then copy and paste the following in adb and press Enter: adb shell pm grant net.dinglisch.android.taskerm android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
6. Go to Tasker and long-press "Profile" then press "Import Profile" and locate and import the above profile. Done.

I have the profile set to only switch to night mode when connected to the mmi's bt connection and the ambient light level drops below 45%. This switches to night mode when I go under a bridge or tunnel.

Once installed you will have to modify the profile slightly by replacing the name of my mmi's bt connection with yours.
Attached Images

Last edited by muniz_ri; 05-12-2020 at 07:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 03:59 AM   #1983
dws199
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Here is my tasker profile for automatic night mode switching based on ambient lighting:
This is great, many thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 04:53 AM   #1984
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

That is nice, thank you!

But does it use the phone's ambient sensor? Because my phone is always in my pocket so it doesn't really see sunlight lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 05:45 AM   #1985
dws199
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
I just ordered one of these units. I'll check out the latest firmware and see if I can fix some things.

I didnt read all 50 pages, is there anything else on the wish list as far as coding people want me to look at?

1. AA resolution
2. Bluetooth Priority switching for phone calls (BMW BT vs Carplay BT)
3. Take a look at sound pass thru/delivery codec/bitrate for aux/bt
4. ????
I just wondered if you'd been able to make any progress with this? Specifically the first issue with AA resolution? I'd be happy to help test on my carlinkint device
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 05:57 AM   #1986
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Quote:
I just ordered one of these units. I'll check out the latest firmware and see if I can fix some things.

I didnt read all 50 pages, is there anything else on the wish list as far as coding people want me to look at?

1. AA resolution
4. ????
On CarPlay, Change the tilting behaviour of the idrive controller when in home mode or within navigation view for example.

Currently tilting the idrive right/left moves the cursor right/left - this as you know can be done with the wheel already...

The correct behaviour should be to control music and do next/previous song (bimmertech has that behaviour set up correctly).
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2020, 09:49 AM   #1987
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That is nice, thank you!

But does it use the phone's ambient sensor? Because my phone is always in my pocket so it doesn't really see sunlight lol.
Yes, it uses the phones ambient sensor so the phone would need to be out of your pocket. I now lay my phone on my wireless charger whenever I get into my car.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 10:01 AM   #1988
Gumdrop
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:

1. AA resolution
4. ????
If you’re taking requests...lol:

The scroll left/right on CarPlay whether using iDrive controller or steering wheel scroll, is not very sensitive. If I scroll quickly it doesn’t keep up (i.e. if I scroll the wheel to the right 5 times, maybe 1-2 of the scrolls actually engage/work...)
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 11:31 AM   #1989
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumdrop View Post
Quote:

1. AA resolution
4. ????
If you’re taking requests...lol:

The scroll left/right on CarPlay whether using iDrive controller or steering wheel scroll, is not very sensitive. If I scroll quickly it doesn’t keep up (i.e. if I scroll the wheel to the right 5 times, maybe 1-2 of the scrolls actually engage/work...)
Are you using the 20.1.4.11 mcu? That mcu eliminated the lag for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 09:07 AM   #1990
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
I noticed today that I was unable to code the Headunit with Bimmercode after flashing Andream MCU v20.4.2.14 on my Carlinkit unit. I also noticed that Android Auto was laggy.

I flashed back to MCU v20.1.4.11 and the Headunit was once again visible in Bimmercode and the lag went away. Seems that the new Andream MCU v20.4.2.14 is not completely compatible with Carlinkit units.
Just tested this with E-sys and I can code the NBT no problem with that still with the latest MCU (but mine is the Andream unit).

My car is in for service tomorrow and this time i'm leaving the unit connected (although I will disable the reverse camera and turn off bluetooth on my phone and clear the codes before I hand it over). I will do this outside the dealers at the same time as I flash the car back to stock with BM3.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 10:49 AM   #1991
contracts34
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series F33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
Just tested this with E-sys and I can code the NBT no problem with that still with the latest MCU (but mine is the Andream unit).

My car is in for service tomorrow and this time i'm leaving the unit connected (although I will disable the reverse camera and turn off bluetooth on my phone and clear the codes before I hand it over). I will do this outside the dealers at the same time as I flash the car back to stock with BM3.
Love it
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 10:56 AM   #1992
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I noticed today that I was unable to code the Headunit with Bimmercode after flashing Andream MCU v20.4.2.14 on my Carlinkit unit. I also noticed that Android Auto was laggy.

I flashed back to MCU v20.1.4.11 and the Headunit was once again visible in Bimmercode and the lag went away. Seems that the new Andream MCU v20.4.2.14 is not completely compatible with Carlinkit units.

Cool. Let us know how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 11:52 AM   #1993
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
If you don't hear from me, it will be because they couldn't update my i-drive service history and I got arrested for throwing my toys out of the pram
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 12:47 PM   #1994
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

Ive been to the dealer multiple times and they had no issue coding or anything. And i can code my car also.
Appreciate 1
muniz_ri447.50
      05-14-2020, 01:32 PM   #1995
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ive been to the dealer multiple times and they had no issue coding or anything. And i can code my car also.
yup i have had my car in with the mmi connected and no issues with service history update. I just turned wifi off on my phone and switched to idrive manually when pulling in so it was all set

the only problems ive had with service is they keep giving me a x2 as the loaner lol
Appreciate 1
muniz_ri447.50
      05-14-2020, 01:56 PM   #1996
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 View Post
yup i have had my car in with the mmi connected and no issues with service history update. I just turned wifi off on my phone and switched to idrive manually when pulling in so it was all set

the only problems ive had with service is they keep giving me a x2 as the loaner lol
No loaner for me tomorrow

Booked a waiting appointment as the dealer isn't my local one (they are still closed).

They emailed me this morning to say there showroom is still closed, but I am more than welcome to wait around in the car park
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 02:23 PM   #1997
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No loaner for me tomorrow

Booked a waiting appointment as the dealer isn't my local one (they are still closed).

They emailed me this morning to say there showroom is still closed, but I am more than welcome to wait around in the car park
yeah my state has allowed dealers to stay open for service and online shopping, so ive gone in twice since March. They do not let you in the building though. Everything is pull up into the drive through garage and done by tablet.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 07:29 AM   #1998
bmwaddictt
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 6 Spd, X6 G06 30d, G22 420i

Garage List
Anyone know how to make the USB cable look OEM and how to feed it to the arm rest? Cheers.

Last edited by bmwaddictt; 05-15-2020 at 07:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 09:04 AM   #1999
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwaddictt View Post
Anyone know how to make the USB cable look OEM and how to feed it to the arm rest? Cheers.
You could buy this https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...s/51459393650/

And make it look more oem. No need to feed it to the arm rest.

Personally I don't keep the USB out since it takes 2 seconds to pull the trim down to get it when needed, but if you use wired aa/carplay I understand not wanting that

Quote:
Where would I buy one of these in the USA?
I bought my carlinkit of eBay from an American seller. It's usually a bit more. Iirc I paid $270 but got it in 3 days and it was when China was shutdown so there wasn't much other choice
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 09:07 AM   #2000
bmwaddictt
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 6 Spd, X6 G06 30d, G22 420i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Personally I don't keep the USB out since it takes 2 seconds to pull the trim down to get it when needed, but if you use wired aa/carplay I understand not wanting that

Quote:
I bought my carlinkit of eBay from an American seller. It's usually a bit more. Iirc I paid $270 but got it in 3 days and it was when China was shutdown so there wasn't much other choice
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Oooo right right, that would make it look really good! Now would this fit my F33 by any chance mate?

#savethemanuals
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 09:21 AM   #2001
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here is my setup with the oem trim piece and wireless charger added:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 09:27 AM   #2002
astrapowerrr
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW I3

Anybody know where Bluetooth antenna is positioned? Is it in the unit itself? Or combined in the external antenna?
Appreciate 0