F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > No signal output for FEM 9B pins (Interior light) after coding?
GetBMWParts

11-28-2016, 11:36 PM   #1
turok
Rep
Drives: Nice car

No signal output for FEM 9B pins (Interior light) after coding?

My drive is BMW F20 (Standard version) without any interior light options (No footwell, ground light, courtesy light, etc.). Recently, I would like to carry out some retrofit work to take the interior functions back to my car.

I found that the key objective and main point is FEM A173 9B (9B pin 50-54 control all interior light functions). After I did all coding the activation interior light. I?ve found that all the A173 9B pins don?t have voltage / signal output. I?m pretty sure I did the right coding:

FEM_01 > EcuHwConfiguration 3000 > HW_OPTION_BODY_LC_WELCOME = aktiv

FEM_01 > LceLciOutputChannels 3061 > LCI_1_IS_LED = aktiv

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > CS_TYPE = two_colours

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > ILE_IGR_INNENL_H = aktiv

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > ILE_IGR_INNENL_V = aktiv

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > ILE_IGR_LESEL_H_L = aktiv

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > ILE_IGR_LESEL_H_R = aktiv

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > ILE_IGR_LESEL_V_L = aktiv

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > ILE_IGR_LESEL_V_R = aktiv

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > ILE_LIN_VAR = V6a

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > ILE_VERBAUT = aktiv

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > LESELICHT_HINTEN_VERBAUT = aktiv

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > LESELICHT_VORNE_VERBAUT = aktiv

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > MAPPING_LCI_1_FUNCTION = off

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > MAPPING_LCI_3_FUNCTION = footwell_front

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > MAPPING_LCI_5_FUNCTION = ovt

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > MAPPING_LCI_6_FUNCTION = cs_1

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > MAPPING_LCI_7_FUNCTION = cs_2

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > MAPPING_LCI_8_FUNCTION = off [Default]

FEM_01 > LciConfiguration 3071 > PIA_DEFAULT_CS = Farbe_2

FEM_01 > LciMaster 3070 > IB_WELCOME_HELLIGKEIT_ENTRIEGELN = wert_01

FEM_01 > LciMaster 3070 > WL = aktiv

FEM_01 > LciMaster 3070 > WL_IB_HELLIGKEIT_ENTRIEGELN = Lichtpaket

HU_NBT > HMI 3000 > COLOUR_SWITCH = aktiv

HU_NBT > HMI 3000 > COLOUR_SWITCH_LINES = urban

HU_NBT > HMI 3000 > HELLIGKEIT_AMBILIGHT = aktiv

Therefore, I get 2 conclusion for that:

1. The Hardware of FEM module A173 is different between my car and other which has interior light option
2. Software problem: I?ve miss some critical codes which can activate FEM A173 9B

Hope someone can solve my problem....
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 10:29 AM   #2
starmanbl
Rep
Drives: F30 318d Sport

Hi,

I was about to do same thing on my F30, so I wonder did you finish your retrofit, my F30 is same like your F20... no ambient at all and I want to retrofit footwell light. On my FEM there is connection without connector so I wonder is it possible to code ambient light with my current FEM module? I retrofited NBT so coding is not the problem I just wonder did you get yours working?

Thank you in advance for all help you can provide on this.
Appreciate 1
turok4.00
      12-29-2016, 04:28 AM   #3
turok
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmanbl View Post
Hi,

I was about to do same thing on my F30, so I wonder did you finish your retrofit, my F30 is same like your F20... no ambient at all and I want to retrofit footwell light. On my FEM there is connection without connector so I wonder is it possible to code ambient light with my current FEM module? I retrofited NBT so coding is not the problem I just wonder did you get yours working?

Thank you in advance for all help you can provide on this.
Unsuccessful up to this moment, I've just replace the interior roof reading light from basic version to high version and it works, it can change the ambient light color by idrive. However, other interior light which controlled by fem 9b were still no voltage out. Someone tell me that i can try to recalculate the svt and flash the Fem, but i dont know how to do that. Maybe you can try to flash the FEM and see whether it will work or not...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 05:14 AM   #4
starmanbl
Rep
Drives: F30 318d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok View Post
Unsuccessful up to this moment, I've just replace the interior roof reading light from basic version to high version and it works, it can change the ambient light color by idrive. However, other interior light which controlled by fem 9b were still no voltage out. Someone tell me that i can try to recalculate the svt and flash the Fem, but i dont know how to do that. Maybe you can try to flash the FEM and see whether it will work or not...
Hey
Can I ask you for details of how you changed roof reading light? Is it just plug n play or its more involved?

I'm still trying to figure out how to add ambient light to my F30, like you said on FEM module there is no signal output to A173*9B, when I connect led to pins I just got flicker on led for 1 second and thats it.
If you maybe figure it out please share info.
I didn't try to flash FEM since I'm little afraid to do it because FEM is everything and I do not want to end up with my Bmw is dead on parking lot if you know what I mean.
Thank you for any input on how you add roof reading light HIGH
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 08:40 AM   #5
turok
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmanbl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok View Post
Hey
Can I ask you for details of how you changed roof reading light? Is it just plug n play or its more involved?

I'm still trying to figure out how to add ambient light to my F30, like you said on FEM module there is no signal output to A173*9B, when I connect led to pins I just got flicker on led for 1 second and thats it.
If you maybe figure it out please share info.
I didn't try to flash FEM since I'm little afraid to do it because FEM is everything and I do not want to end up with my Bmw is dead on parking lot if you know what I mean.
Thank you for any input on how you add roof reading light HIGH
The new roof reading module is not just plug and play, it involve some cable wiring to FEM, after you successfully retrofit this high version roof reading module and after proper coding, you can change the ambient light color from idrive. Upto now, I use another method for door handle light and door ground light and it works and feeling good.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 01:38 PM   #6
gizmo1908
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

did you ever figure this out? no power on connector?

btw the roof light is rather simple if you have rain/light sensor. all the wires are there.

kamal
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 03:48 PM   #7
bluposeidon
Rep
Drives: F31 lci 320d

I have the same problem, I made the change from basic to high, the fem has pins in * 9 but are not powered. I think it's a custom programming from Bmw
now in Ista I have this error: D90D37 INTERIOR LIGHT INCORRECT VERSION
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 04:44 PM   #8
gizmo1908
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluposeidon View Post
I have the same problem, I made the change from basic to high, the fem has pins in * 9 but are not powered. I think it's a custom programming from Bmw
now in Ista I have this error: D90D37 INTERIOR LIGHT INCORRECT VERSION
Could you check what your FEM version is?

Mine is zb4 mid_bix hw:d3+
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 05:30 AM   #9
bluposeidon
Rep

Mid

someone has the Mid version, but with the high version lights, I'm convinced it's a programming problem
Attached Images

Last edited by bluposeidon; 02-05-2019 at 05:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 08:29 AM   #10
gizmo1908
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Mid

someone has the Mid version, but with the high version lights, I'm convinced it's a programming problem
I thinkt its hardware related. We both have zb4. I never seen a zb4 FEM with a blue connector for the ambient light.

I think we need at least a zb6. I've seen a lot of zb6 mid FEM with blue connector. Also hw version doesnt mather. Zb6 mid with hw:d3+e also has the ambient light.

You have zb4 mid with hw8 and still nothing. I'm thinking of opening the FEM and see if there is some relay missing or something.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 11:38 AM   #11
bluposeidon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo1908 View Post
I thinkt its hardware related. We both have zb4...... I'm thinking of opening the FEM and see if there is some relay missing or something.

I thought about it too, but you would have to have a high fem or a hardware operating scheme
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 12:07 PM   #12
gizmo1908
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
I thought about it too, but you would have to have a high fem or a hardware operating scheme
i think that it wouldnt even matter. even if you where to add the relays it still wont work.

what i dit was retrofit the full package dome light. and added light package and sport package to the VO. from the roof i ran 5 wires. 2 for the ambient. 1 for left footwell and 1 for right footwell. the ambient wire power the centre ac panel and the cupholder led and footwell ambient. and the footwell left and right powering the left and right footwell obviously. now when i open left door only left footwell lights up. and so for right. the 5th wire is for the rear light.

i also retrofitted door ambient. aftermarket's. they operate on the windows switch negative and locater light pins. they also have a switch that changes the colors from blue to orange/red.

it's pretty nice. this is the only way i now of without replacing fem. and i wont be doing that.

maybe it's something you like
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 07:50 AM   #13
sylver65
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320d xdrive

Quote:
i think that it wouldnt even matter. even if you where to add the relays it still wont work.

what i dit was retrofit the full package dome light. and added light package and sport package to the VO. from the roof i ran 5 wires. 2 for the ambient. 1 for left footwell and 1 for right footwell. the ambient wire power the centre ac panel and the cupholder led and footwell ambient. and the footwell left and right powering the left and right footwell obviously. now when i open left door only left footwell lights up. and so for right. the 5th wire is for the rear light.

i also retrofitted door ambient. aftermarket's. they operate on the windows switch negative and locater light pins. they also have a switch that changes the colors from blue to orange/red.

it's pretty nice. this is the only way i now of without replacing fem. and i wont be doing that.

do you have a schema?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 06:30 AM   #14
sylver65
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320d xdrive

i have make retrofit with DOME FULL LED. Now i can do change the color also in FOOTWELL LIGHT
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 09:10 AM   #15
vldc
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 316i (F31)

Quote:

hi gizmo,

Can you give us some hints about place where you connected those 5 wires ?
Have you opened the dome light to connect these wires ?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 04:06 PM   #16
ThatLennyBoi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by vldc View Post
Quote:

hi gizmo,

Can you give us some hints about place where you connected those 5 wires ?
Have you opened the dome light to connect these wires ?
I hate it when someone manage to do it somehow and when another person ask how, they just never reply. This is like always with forums.
Appreciate 0