F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > EUROPE (Continental) > Anyone imported a BMW from the US to Europe?
GetBMWParts

06-13-2019, 03:52 PM   #1
fazalmajid
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Anyone imported a BMW from the US to Europe?

I am moving to Europe and am thinking of shipping my 2013 335i (37k miles) to Europe, rather than taking the paltry buy-back offers from Carmax et al. It sounds like costs are in the $5000-6000 range for administrative fees and bringing it to EU standards like the rear fog lights, mirrors, reprogramming to kilometers and other miscellanea.

Has anyone here done this, and would care to share the experience? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 05:40 AM   #2
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: RS 5

We have enough 3 series bimmers over here, no thanks

Seriously: You have to calculate the shipping, import tax (if you stay longer than one year with your car into the referring country) and the following modifications:
Rear lights from red to red w/yellow turn glasses
Headlights for Europe with e* marking
Code in rear fog lite, this goes almost together with a headlight switch change if you haven't this already installed
Relabeling the speeding scale (no matter with mp/h and km/h as long as the metric scale is listed)
In Germany you have to present your car after all to the TÜV organisation for a §21 inspection. This is necessary to get the correct papers for the insurance and number plates.
Front bumper numberplate holder, rear numberplate holder for european numberplate sizes.
€dit: Forgot to mention the deletion of the side reflectors from the front fenders

Additionally: Reload NAVI database to EUROPE NEXT or whatsover your current version may be, Recoding TMC to ECE if you haven't RTTi, the radio tune frequency steps have to recode also to receive the FM transmissions here, SOS Emergency won't work any longer caused by different signals into the SIM-card carrier, a box change isn't recommended from my side.

So far for the first steps.

I///M the infidel, your BMW-dealer had warned you about

Last edited by Dang3r; 06-14-2019 at 07:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 01:52 AM   #3
bsvif@ya.ru
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Additionally: Reload NAVI database to EUROPE NEXT or whatsover your current version may be, Recoding TMC to ECE if you haven't RTTi, the radio tune frequency steps have to recode also to receive the FM transmissions here
this step is simple, but SOS Emergency box change and programming cost around $500!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 08:56 AM   #4
Ryan-Smith
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 12:26 PM   #5
waniamay
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

Get the rate in the Market You will be get more ideas which is the best way to get more money. Same as we are sharing all the information for our fans who are looking for lottery sambad game and Nagaland state lottery results.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 11:32 AM   #6
PeReZ
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

You won't believe how many BMWs are imported from US and Canada to Europe.
There are many companies that offer this kind of mediation. It's slightly cheaper than 5000-6000$. I can provide you with coordinates of the company that I used for my F30 importation from USA to Europe, just PM if you still need.
Appreciate 0