F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > bootmod3 for BMW F series Vehicles - General Discussion
Extreme Powerhouse

07-08-2019, 10:55 AM   #2355
Busa1
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 and 435i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredG_F30 View Post
Yes doing my own work and getting plugs from FCP Euro. Spark plug changes cost me about $7, the cost of shipping the old plugs back to FCP Euro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack10525 View Post
Wow every 20k. I hope you are doing your own work here. Dealer prices are a rip off.

I just ordered some and will replace them soon.

Thanks for the advice.
Are you going with the BMW branded plugs or the Bosch brand? Im going to be ordering plugs
soon and not sure if its worth the xtra money to go with the BMW branded plugs. I've seen posts about some people saying there are slight differences between the 2. Thanks
      07-08-2019, 10:59 AM   #2356
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual

I went with NGK 97506 gapped at 0.028" since I'm running a stage 2 tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa1 View Post
Are you going with the BMW branded plugs or the Bosch brand? Im going to be ordering plugs
soon and not sure if its worth the xtra money to go with the BMW branded plugs. I've seen posts about some people saying there are slight differences between the 2. Thanks

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 05:30 PM   #2357
BigJack75
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Dream Car

Quote:
Yes doing my own work and getting plugs from FCP Euro. Spark plug changes cost me about $7, the cost of shipping the old plugs back to FCP Euro.
Please explain this. They take your old plugs back and give you new ones? I just paid about $70 for ngk plugs online. Not a bad price but not as good as you!!
      07-08-2019, 09:10 PM   #2358
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Please explain this. They take your old plugs back and give you new ones? I just paid about $70 for ngk plugs online. Not a bad price but not as good as you!!
Mostly everything you buy from FCP Euro is backed with a lifetime warranty, even oil. I just changed my oil, sent back the old oil and filter and got a full refund. Cost me $12 (shipping cost back to FCP Euro of old oil and filter). I buy everything from them.
      07-08-2019, 09:42 PM   #2359
HH1815
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 BMW 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschmacher View Post
Agree with TSA, your intake temps skyrocket during that pull, and the ambient temps are only showing 62F. If it gets really hot out, that's going to be an issue. I assume you're running stock intercooler?
TSA8151

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

Yeah, I'm running stock ic, didn't think I'd have heatsoak considering I'm stg 1.
I have yet to get new plugs (97506's), do you think that'll help with the timing?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 09:10 AM   #2360
SoCalCarGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440ix cpe + 2018 x4 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post
Quote:
Mostly everything you buy from FCP Euro is backed with a lifetime warranty, even oil. I just changed my oil, sent back the old oil and filter and got a full refund. Cost me $12 (shipping cost back to FCP Euro of old oil and filter). I buy everything from them.
Seems unethical
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2019, 09:32 AM   #2361
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Yes they have a lifetime warranty on everything. It works like this. You buy NGK plugs at regular price. Run those for 20K miles or however long you want. Buy new plugs at regular price. Replace plugs and ship old plugs back. Get a refund for the new plugs you bought. All you are out of pocket is shipping expense. Same deal for all parts, pads, rotors, wiper blades, oil, etc. I"ve never shipped rotors back so depending on what rotors you buy it may not be worth the shipping cost.

Quote:

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 09:34 AM   #2362
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Even with new plugs once the IATs hit over 105 the DME will pull timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH1815 View Post
TSA8151

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

Yeah, I'm running stock ic, didn't think I'd have heatsoak considering I'm stg 1.
I have yet to get new plugs (97506's), do you think that'll help with the timing?

SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 01:41 PM   #2363
SoCalCarGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes they have a lifetime warranty on everything. It works like this. You buy NGK plugs at regular price. Run those for 20K miles or however long you want. Buy new plugs at regular price. Replace plugs and ship old plugs back. Get a refund for the new plugs you bought. All you are out of pocket is shipping expense. Same deal for all parts, pads, rotors, wiper blades, oil, etc. I"ve never shipped rotors back so depending on what rotors you buy it may not be worth the shipping cost.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Please tell me you don't do this. Fml
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 03:42 PM   #2364
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCarGuy View Post
Seems unethical
I didn't force them to create the program. Just taking advantage of some sweet savings.
      07-09-2019, 03:53 PM   #2365
SoCalCarGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post
Quote:
Seems unethical
I didn't force them to create the program. Just taking advantage of some sweet savings.
It's meant to be there for defective parts. Not for used parts that have run their course. Definitely unethical; would you want someone doing this to your company?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 03:59 PM   #2366
mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance

Quote:
Seems unethical
Quote:
Quote:
It's meant to be there for defective parts. Not for used parts that have run their course. Definitely unethical; would you want someone doing this to your company?
Not sure if serious. They literally upload Youtube videos informing you how to take advantage of their warranty policy. Oil is specifically mentioned at 1:30 below. Stop making things up.

Appreciate 1
      07-09-2019, 04:05 PM   #2367
SoCalCarGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlev View Post
Quote:
Seems unethical
Quote:
Quote:
Not sure if serious. They literally upload Youtube videos informing you how to take advantage of their warranty policy. Oil is specifically mentioned at 1:30 below. Stop making things up.

They must be defrauding the manufacturer then. Someone is getting ducked on this.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 04:16 PM   #2368
mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance

Quote:
They must be defrauding the manufacturer then. Someone is getting ducked on this.
https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee

Their prices are relatively higher than most places, combined with the likely statistic that the majority of their customers probably do not bother with the hassle of sending used oil or rotors back in the mail under their warranty system. Many probably get rid of their car before they need those new parts again. Or they end up not wanting to cover shipping costs. But those who do reap the reward.
Welcome to business economics.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 08:26 PM   #2369
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Yup, they get my money!
      07-18-2019, 03:56 PM   #2370
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Per the FB page, the start up roar is now available for the S55 via the config page and will be available for N55 "very soon".

SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 12:54 PM   #2371
TF3090
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i M Sport

Quote:
What makes you think this is “unethical”?

It’s a business decision made by FCP Euro - they handle the finances associated with warranty claims. You claim the warranty program exists for defective parts - that’s not true, the warranty program exists however FCP Euro defines it. Because they’re handling the payments and the claims, they can reward you for participating in their warranty program however they want... and it’s meant to attract business (and as we see from this thread, it works).

It would be unethical if FCP Euro was somehow duping the original manufacturer by taking advantage of their warranty, allowing them to exchange used parts as if they were defective. That’s not an assumption anyone in this thread can fairly make.

With how important the lifetime warranty policy is to FCP’s business model, I think it’s safe to assume somebody is running the numbers on this warranty existing, and they probably know what they’re doing (how much money is being paid out, how much additional sales are we receiving by offering this warranty that our competitors don’t offer, is it worth it for us to continue eating the cost of the warranty program to keep boosting sales)
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 01:28 PM   #2372
FloorThe4
Private
Rep
Drives: 435i xdrive m-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF3090 View Post
What makes you think this is “unethical”?

It’s a business decision made by FCP Euro - they handle the finances associated with warranty claims. You claim the warranty program exists for defective parts - that’s not true, the warranty program exists however FCP Euro defines it. Because they’re handling the payments and the claims, they can reward you for participating in their warranty program however they want... and it’s meant to attract business (and as we see from this thread, it works).

It would be unethical if FCP Euro was somehow duping the original manufacturer by taking advantage of their warranty, allowing them to exchange used parts as if they were defective. That’s not an assumption anyone in this thread can fairly make.

With how important the lifetime warranty policy is to FCP’s business model, I think it’s safe to assume somebody is running the numbers on this warranty existing, and they probably know what they’re doing (how much money is being paid out, how much additional sales are we receiving by offering this warranty that our competitors don’t offer, is it worth it for us to continue eating the cost of the warranty program to keep boosting sales)
This guy gets it.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 12:56 AM   #2373
doodlebro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 X3 35i

Back on topic, the latest agent update (.76) is totally borked for me. After updating the agent stays connected to the hotspot/network and my phone has no issue connecting to the updated agent and verifying it is on .76. After I unplug the agent and get down to the car, the agent is unable to communicate to the app at all. I have just verified this twice.

FWIW, they should have a lot better beta testing across a number of supported cars and users so that this stuff doesn't happen. Super frustrating I can't do anything with my car until they solve it.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 01:39 PM   #2374
MTWO
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

No issues here at all.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 08:28 PM   #2375
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebro View Post
Back on topic, the latest agent update (.76) is totally borked for me. After updating the agent stays connected to the hotspot/network and my phone has no issue connecting to the updated agent and verifying it is on .76. After I unplug the agent and get down to the car, the agent is unable to communicate to the app at all. I have just verified this twice.

FWIW, they should have a lot better beta testing across a number of supported cars and users so that this stuff doesn't happen. Super frustrating I can't do anything with my car until they solve it.
So much trouble for 1 minute flashes.........when actually able to flash that is
      07-21-2019, 10:49 PM   #2376
doodlebro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTWO View Post
No issues here at all.
Third time updating it and I did get it to stick tonight, so thanks for reporting no issues. Guess I was being impatient .
Appreciate 0