F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > (Probably) the best DIY iPhone MagSafe phone mount solution… details in thread
proTUNING Freaks

04-10-2021, 03:41 PM   #1
DrJoeHanson
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xDrive wagon

(Probably) the best DIY iPhone MagSafe phone mount solution… details in thread

I think I've found the ideal MagSafe wireless charging solution. Looks clean, magnets are strong, wireless CarPlay compatible. I've got a 2014 F31 wagon and iPhone 12.

Mount is the Rennline ExactFit mount for BMW (Kies Motorsports has a great video on how to install the Rennline mount, took all of 10 minutes with a trim tool and T20.

I used the Rennline ball mount but switched out for the socket from this MagSafe charger mount from Zeera. The Zeera MagSafe charger sits on the Zeera magnetic ball/socket mount with its own magnet, and both magnets are super strong. Zeera ships from China and the waiting was the hardest part of the whole project.

Then I ran a 1-ft USB-C cable from Amazon to a USB-C 30W adapter from Aukey (to make sure you have enough power to run the MagSafe fast charge). The Aukey is great because it sits flush with the 12V and doesn't stick out.

Photos:

Appreciate 0