F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F30 Cic play video
proTUNING Freaks

09-19-2020, 03:55 AM   #1
ugra
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 320d

F30 Cic play video

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me how can I play videos. I tried all the formats possible, tried of USB and moving to car internal HDD. I transferred one video but only music was playing no video showing. I think i have a CIC model but not sure because my car is late 2012 and from what I saw that should be NBT but mine looks more like CIC version. I have bimmercode app and tried coding some values in for video but seems none of them really did anything. Can anyone tell me if it is even possible and if yes what should I try or code?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 11:36 AM   #2
woodcutter
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugra View Post
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me how can I play videos. I tried all the formats possible, tried of USB and moving to car internal HDD. I transferred one video but only music was playing no video showing. I think i have a CIC model but not sure because my car is late 2012 and from what I saw that should be NBT but mine looks more like CIC version. I have bimmercode app and tried coding some values in for video but seems none of them really did anything. Can anyone tell me if it is even possible and if yes what should I try or code?
Thanks
Hi, I believe on the F30 CIC, videos can only be played via the DVD drive. No coding is required, unless you require video in motion, this can be coded using the BimmerCode app.
NBT can play via USB.

My F30 Jan 2012 CIC looks like attached image.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-25-2020, 07:17 AM   #3
ugra
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 320d

woodcutter thank you for your response. However can I write DVD myself with some video or it has to be original DVD with some movie or something. I have bimmerCode and i enabled video in motion so i was wondering if I can write some music videos to DVD and play it like that. I tried writing some videos in different formats on DVD disk but non of them seem to work. Any hints on which format should it be? Thanks again for your response
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 08:52 AM   #4
Il_Simo
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F30

I have a cic 6.5 cod 606, any suggestion to play video in my head unit?
Appreciate 0