F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > F30 Overwrite Tune
VIBE Motorsports

03-03-2021, 08:15 PM   #1
ineffable
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

F30 Overwrite Tune

Hi I had my car tuned by someone local (tunedbyenzo.com) and the motor blew and have been unable to get in touch with him. Aside from getting a new motor I also wanted to overwrite the tune (since it blew my engine). If I buy bm3 and flash to Stage 1, I've heard it'll generate a stock-like map as well. Will this be safe? I want to make sure that whatever messed up the first motor isn't tuned the same when I put in the new one.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 11:54 PM   #2
Luverse
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

i believe this is the second time i heard tunedbyenzo blew a F30 engine, and the tunner won't take the blame.

i've been running stage 2 BM3 for more than a year and cover 10k miles, no problem so far.

03-04-2021, 08:15 AM   #3
GreenF30N26
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328ix N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineffable View Post
Hi I had my car tuned by someone local (tunedbyenzo.com) and the motor blew and have been unable to get in touch with him. Aside from getting a new motor I also wanted to overwrite the tune (since it blew my engine). If I buy bm3 and flash to Stage 1, I've heard it'll generate a stock-like map as well. Will this be safe? I want to make sure that whatever messed up the first motor isn't tuned the same when I put in the new one.
Take it to the dealer and get them to flash your DME back to factory to remove the garbage tune this idiot gave you. Then you can flash BM3 if you'd like and it will create a clean stock map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luverse View Post
i believe this is the second time i heard tunedbyenzo blew a F30 engine, and the tunner won't take the blame.

i've been running stage 2 BM3 for more than a year and cover 10k miles, no problem so far.
It's the same person that originally posted the issue with tunedbyenzo. You did blow your N20 20i engine on BM3 the first go around
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 09:42 PM   #4
Luverse
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenF30N26 View Post
Take it to the dealer and get them to flash your DME back to factory to remove the garbage tune this idiot gave you. Then you can flash BM3 if you'd like and it will create a clean stock map

It's the same person that originally posted the issue with tunedbyenzo. You did blow your N20 20i engine on BM3 the first go around
yup, on N20 my engine blow with BM3

but now i'm on B48, no issue after 1 year with aggressive driving

03-05-2021, 12:09 PM   #5
ineffable
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenF30N26 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineffable View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luverse View Post

yep waiting on the better weather to get my car towed to the shop getting a few other things done as well. protunerfreaks told me that if i just flash to bm3 it'd create a stock map on its own even if i have the old tune. but also my bmw mechanic mentioned being able to flash me back to stock id just have to get my cats back on
Appreciate 0