F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Hub corrosion on 442Ms
Studio RSR

08-04-2017, 07:20 AM   #23
Nobby Clark
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F36 430d xDrive M Sport

Have a look at my recent thread:
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1408834

The corrosion I've had is the same as shown on the many other corrosion threads here so do a search for photos.

On one wheel of the first pair of wheels I had replaced, I had a kerb rash. They didn't even question it. Others have experienced the same.

Coating the wheels in C5 WILL NOT HELP this problem. I've tried it.
Also many alloy insurance companies don't cover DC alloys and virtually none cover corrosion.

I would like to know though, and it's not really been answered anywhere that i can see, are other styles of wheel affected.

The weird thing is, only my front wheels have been affected. Rears are perfect.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 11:29 AM   #24
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i M-Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby Clark View Post
Have a look at my recent thread:
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1408834

The corrosion I've had is the same as shown on the many other corrosion threads here so do a search for photos.

On one wheel of the first pair of wheels I had replaced, I had a kerb rash. They didn't even question it. Others have experienced the same.

Coating the wheels in C5 WILL NOT HELP this problem. I've tried it.
Also many alloy insurance companies don't cover DC alloys and virtually none cover corrosion.

I would like to know though, and it's not really been answered anywhere that i can see, are other styles of wheel affected.

The weird thing is, only my front wheels have been affected. Rears are perfect.
For me it's one of my rears. Had a problem with rusty coloured water coming from the centre caps of the rear wheels. This started from a few weeks of ownership. BMW took the rear wheels off and greased the hubs under the warranty. Now one of the rear wheels is corroding around the centre cap and spreading like a white worm from the centre cap further out. Will have to arrange a warranty visit.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 12:55 PM   #25
jonesdg4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F33 - 2016 M-Sport 420d Auto

So Soper BMW looked at my 403 wheel and said "yip" its corroded!
1 warranty replacement later and all good to go!
Great service - my only concern is hopingthat the other 3 also corrode before the 3 year warrantly expires!

on another note got a drive train error yesterday - car is back in again (!) think they have seen more of it that i have these last few weeks!
apparently it is an oxygen sensor and EFR valve (exhaust gas sensor i think)
also going to be done on warranty - anyone else had these problems / replaced on warranty?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 05:15 PM   #26
hudson012003
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i Msport Tanzanite blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by scusswold View Post
Does anyone still have any example photos of the corrosion, that has meant their wheel(s) were replaced under warranty ?

Thanks
See other threads on the forum for pic's etc. I was told today mine would be replaced but apparently I was lucky as virtually no other wear & tear (kerb rash etc) on wheels o/wise it would have meant contributions:

Maybe wheel supplier now getting fed-up with all the claims - what 💷💰 they build in for returns must be very high percentage
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 09:43 PM   #27
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Do not get diamond cut wheels refurbed, I had two of mine done and the lacquer around the middle started to white worm in less than a year!
Did you put any coating on it to protect?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 01:37 AM   #28
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
You wonder why BMW keep on specifying them - they must be spending £xxxxx on replacement wheels!!
Appreciate 0