F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F32 - Cosmetic Recommendations?
ARMA SPEED

09-16-2018, 09:22 AM   #1
stevehoot
Registered
Rep
Drives: 435d XDrive M Sport Plus 2016

Question F32 - Cosmetic Recommendations?

Hi guys,

Have had a 120d M Sport from new a few years ago, and then treated myself to a 2 year old 430d xDrive M Sport last year. Sadly the 430 met it's demise in Dec 17 and I've been wanting a BMW back in my life every since! I've delighted to say that I've just brought a 2 year old 435d xDrive M Sport Plus today!

Whilst it has it's 12 month warranty from BMW I'll refrain from making any real changes to the car, but will get it remapped once the warranty has expired.

However, in the meantime and before I pick it up I will be asking the BMW Dealership to install a few genuine accessories - mainly cosmetic - to give it a more aggressive look! In particular I was thinking about the following M Performance accessories: black front grill, front and rear diffuser, rear spoiler (the small one) and the side skirts. I'll also put a K&N Air filter in (makes it sound a little better based on my experience with my 430d) too.

What's everyone else's thoughts? Are there other cosmetic essentials you think I should do before the above? Anything I'm considering which you think is a waste of money? Or something I've totally overlooked?

Vehicle is in grey (not my first choice but looks good enough). Did wonder about spot lights from the door beaming out the M logo, but I'm not even sure if the F32 even has door downlights..?

Really interested in everyone's recommendations on this. Also I have no idea what to change / upgrade on the interior (nothing?), so thoughts on that would be great too.

Finally, I keep hearing about coding... which I understand to be modifying flags in the ECU tables to enable features / change config not otherwise available. On a 435d M Sport Plus is this worth doing? I ask as the trim level selected is already pretty high, so is the cost and risk involved worth the rewards? (Is there much left to enable is really what I'm asking I think).

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 02:09 AM   #2
stevehoot
Registered
Rep
Drives: 435d XDrive M Sport Plus 2016

In case anyone is interested, I've opted for:

M Performance Grills
Side skirts
Rear spoiler
Rear diffuser

Cost over £1500 extra, but I love the more aggressive look and the BMW dealership will fit it all before I pick it up!

Would have loved the front splitter too but it's very expensive so will have to skip that for now sadly.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 02:38 AM   #3
Sheepy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Competition

I’ve fitted the same as you, cost me less but I had to fit it myself, does make a big difference. Also like yourself didn’t bother with the front lip as very expensive & prone to damage. I fitted a front lip from Maxton design, much cheaper & matches the gloss black grills, doesn’t sit as low as M performance one so less prone to damage. Link below if interested
https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/body-kits/bmw/bmw-4-series/bmw-4-f32-m-sport/front-splitter-v1-bmw-4-f32-m-pack
Appreciate 0