F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > M3 vs 340i vs Tacoma..
Studio RSR

07-03-2019, 11:26 AM   #23
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Out of that list, the 340i is an easy and clear decision for a daily driver. The e90 m3 is tempting, but in my experience, you have to get the revs on the high end to really appreciate the v8. The e90 m3 isn't a bad choice if you want a fun, exciting car and daily driver in one package, but if you already have a track car in the works and want a safe, practical, refined daily driver that's also fun, the 340i fits that perfectly. You'll appreciate the low end torque, combined with the traction of awd in the 340i as well. In daily driving it'll feel quicker than its 320 something hp would suggest. If you need four doors, check out the 440i gran coupe too. If you don't need four doors the 4 series coupe as well as the 2 series are good options too. There are other brands that offer similar models as well that are worth checking out.

The Tacoma offers more utility, being a truck. I'll say though, when I've owned trucks, I found I only exploited that utility on rare occasions. For as often as I needed a truck, I could have just rented one or borrowed one from friends or family. That segues to my next point, you might find that people will want to borrow your truck fairly frequently. You might also find yourself helping people move more often, or move heavy furnishings and things of that nature. This is fine, and helping people is good, but be prepared to have many needy friends when you own a truck. If you find yourself needing to haul things often, or have hobbies that require it (maybe towing a trailer with your track car, a boat etc) then a truck makes sense, otherwise the extra utility it offers will often be underutilized.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 11:59 AM   #24
AlpineX
Captain
Rep
Drives: Diesel

Coming from an M5, I think you will need to get something that is significantly different to keep your mind off how much of a downgrade you are approaching.
328d wagon gets huge mpg, F15 X5d is a really nice ride also with great power/road manners and utility. Great mpg too.
Appreciate 0