F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut
Extreme Powerhouse

03-01-2022, 04:55 PM   #375
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Quote:
Is that 2028? This remains a stupid lead up for a facelift of what's essentially a 20 year old chassis.
Where did you get 2028? That's supposed to be for THIS year according to the thread linked and folks that work for Nissan dealers.

Although one guy who works for a Canadian dealer said his GM was in San Diego last week with Nissan execs and they still won't commit to production/release/prices.

I'm not planning on doing anything until toward the end of the year anyway, so no biggie for me.
I was just teasing. This car feels like it's already at the end of its lifecycle and it's not even out yet. My car sank on the Felicity Ace this morning, I'm just grouchy.
Hope it wasn't a Bentley 🤣
Just a VW.
Still blows. You will always have a cool story at least.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 05:38 PM   #376
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Is that 2028? This remains a stupid lead up for a facelift of what's essentially a 20 year old chassis.
Where did you get 2028? That's supposed to be for THIS year according to the thread linked and folks that work for Nissan dealers.

Although one guy who works for a Canadian dealer said his GM was in San Diego last week with Nissan execs and they still won't commit to production/release/prices.

I'm not planning on doing anything until toward the end of the year anyway, so no biggie for me.
I was just teasing. This car feels like it's already at the end of its lifecycle and it's not even out yet. My car sank on the Felicity Ace this morning, I'm just grouchy.
Just a VW.
I had another one that was on the upper floor of my work parking garage when the structure collapsed. My VWs are safer with me in them than left on their own. That's my silver GTI between the Lexus and 4Runner.
[IMG]https://arc--anglerfish--arc2--prod-...HJZHG32OBU.jpg[/IMG]

I realize I should probably buy any other brand.

My M Coupe was rear ended three different times, all of which I'd been stopped at least 15 seconds and was fully on the brake. My wife's 135i was hit in the parking lot moments after we'd signed the paper work on the next car. That car was an X1 35i and that hit a telephone pole when kids in a stolen car hit her.

We're a little cursed, a ship burning and sinking doesn't even seem that weird to me.
Appreciate 1
nicholasn261.00
      03-01-2022, 08:02 PM   #377
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just a VW.
I had another one that was on the upper floor of my work parking garage when the structure collapsed. My VWs are safer with me in them than left on their own. That's my silver GTI between the Lexus and 4Runner.

My M Coupe was rear ended three different times, all of which I'd been stopped at least 15 seconds and was fully on the brake. My wife's 135i was hit in the parking lot moments after we'd signed the paper work on the next car. That car was an X1 35i and that hit a telephone pole when kids in a stolen car hit her.

We're a little cursed, a ship burning and sinking doesn't even seem that weird to me.
You my friend, should lease!!!!
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4463.00
      03-02-2022, 11:17 AM   #378
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:

The world is taking out your negative karma on your vehicles.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4463.00
      03-02-2022, 11:30 AM   #379
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Quote:

The world is taking out your negative karma on your vehicles.
Maybe I'll buy a Nissan to sacrifice.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 01:08 PM   #380
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Quote:
Maybe I'll buy a Nissan to sacrifice.
You are a glutton for punishment!

I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread, that engine is basically pretty rock solid outside of bros with shitty tunes turning up the boost right?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 06:21 AM   #381
Javierleonglez
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

I like the finishes of this new Nissan mixing new technologies with retro-style analog markers!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 07:50 AM   #382
KennyFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lexus RC F

Garage List

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 08:01 AM   #383
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Ominous that the curb weight was omitted from the Z.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4463.00
      03-04-2022, 09:50 AM   #384
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Ominous that the curb weight was omitted from the Z.
Could turn out to be a porker
But the price might be right
You could spent some you'd save on some weight reduction
2 piece floating rotors , CF hood , lighter wheels , Ti exhaust
Probably a good 100+ lbs just from that bunch
Stock STi dual exhaust I took off a 2018 to install the Cobb Ti catback was 70.5 lbs vs. 20.5 lbs
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 07:39 PM   #385
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

Nissan Z weight stats in GT7 = 3402 lbs

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/th...-3402-lbs.945/

Appreciate 1
Donatello.1083.50
      03-05-2022, 08:57 AM   #386
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
GT 7 specs FTW

That looks to be more like a dry weight.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 04:40 PM   #387
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
My wife and I are considering a new Z for our next car, but that plan will be put on hold for the foreseeable future. A dealership group I've worked with in the past recently added a Nissan dealer to their portfolio, so I reached out to them in December to be added to the wait list. They brand themselves on no haggle pricing, sticking to MSRP which is why my family and I have done business with them previously.

A client advisor just reached out to me and informed me we were not actually added to the wait list when I first inquired, but he could add us now if we are willing to pay a $30k markup over MSRP on the first cars, or $10k on later arriving cars.

I guess in the current market, this dealership group couldn't resist drifting from their typical business model. This would be an additional vehicle for us, so it's not a necessity to pay over MSRP on one now. I definitely feel for people in need of a vehicle who don't have a choice and have to purchase in this market.
      03-19-2022, 05:17 PM   #388
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s

Garage List
2024 G87 M2  [0.00]
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
My wife and I are considering a new Z for our next car, but that plan will be put on hold for the foreseeable future. A dealership group I've worked with in the past recently added a Nissan dealer to their portfolio, so I reached out to them in December to be added to the wait list. They brand themselves on no haggle pricing, sticking to MSRP which is why my family and I have done business with them previously.

A client advisor just reached out to me and informed me we were not actually added to the wait list when I first inquired, but he could add us now if we are willing to pay a $30k markup over MSRP on the first cars, or $10k on later arriving cars.

I guess in the current market, this dealership group couldn't resist drifting from their typical business model. This would be an additional vehicle for us, so it's not a necessity to pay over MSRP on one now. I definitely feel for people in need of a vehicle who don't have a choice and have to purchase in this market.
Just call other nissan dealers. I made the same mistake with Porsche here in Arizona and got the runaround from north scottsdale for years.

You'll find one who aren't bullshitters. Was this Larry H?
      03-19-2022, 05:53 PM   #389
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
Just call other nissan dealers. I made the same mistake with Porsche here in Arizona and got the runaround from north scottsdale for years.

You'll find one who aren't bullshitters. Was this Larry H?

I'm thinking of reaching out to a broker I've worked with in the past to see what they can find as well.

It was Schomp Automotive.
      03-29-2022, 09:28 PM   #390
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

No Vert for the 1st year?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 06:44 AM   #391
KennyFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lexus RC F

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
No Vert for the 1st year?
Nissan didn't release the 'vert 350Z until 2 years after the coupe.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 08:17 AM   #392
Bimmer Pleaser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post

I have so many questions like why did you use to be happy with paying MSRP? up until 2020 sticker price was for chumps (no offense). Also, $30k over MSRP for new Nissan ... LMAO what?
Appreciate 1
Donatello.1083.50
      03-30-2022, 08:54 AM   #393
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

People wonder why 911's in good shape hold their value so well. Even 10K over sticker on this thing and you're at a decently sorted 997.2 price point that'll likely appreciate.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 11:57 AM   #394
AlpineBoost
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 Civic Type R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
People wonder why 911's in good shape hold their value so well. Even 10K over sticker on this thing and you're at a decently sorted 997.2 price point that'll likely appreciate.
I don't disagree, but you're talking about a decade + old car with probably at least 40k miles on it. If financing, which I'm assuming the majority of buyers are, the brand new car with practically 0 miles and a manufacturer warranty makes a lot more sense.
Appreciate 1
ntg442888.50
      03-30-2022, 12:07 PM   #395
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

If financing through a dealer I agree as rates will be super crazy on a used car, if you're using one's HELOC i'm willing to bet you finish in front with the 997 after 7 years unless doing big miles.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 12:26 PM   #396
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
If financing through a dealer I agree as rates will be super crazy on a used car, if you're using one's HELOC i'm willing to bet you finish in front with the 997 after 7 years unless doing big miles.
If you have good credit and a decent income, the dealers will match any rate you can get through a regional bank or credit union like PenFed. The current difference between new and used rates from Penfed are about 1% higher for used.

There seems to be a large amount of people that don't realize you can negotiate with the finance guy when buying a car.
Appreciate 0