F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > CPO'd 328i Bumper Patch Advice
ARMA SPEED

10-11-2018, 07:10 AM   #1
acr1271
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Long story short: purchased low mileage 328i CPO in May. Vehicle was a lease turn in, one owner. Front drivers side bumper had obvious patch job (which I missed) that is looking worse month to month. Car CPO checklist shows bumper met BMW guidelines and standards for CPO although no notes on the obvious patch. Vehicle service history shows no mention of said patch. Dealer unwilling to repair it, stating it's not on the vehicle history report, etc. etc. Question: Do I have recourse to have this repaired by dealer or am I out of luck? Pics attached and thanks in advance for your feedback.

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2061zkz.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/jh8vvm.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 07:31 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Without pictures taken the day you took delivery it's a he said/he said situation.
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2018, 08:02 AM   #3
ram.matthew
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

Any chance you can dig up high resolution (or at least clear) pictures from when the car was listed for sale? Maybe the patch is discernible, giving you something to argue with.

Regardless, I'd call BMW customer service and make a case. It's CPO, this shouldn't happen.
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2018, 11:12 AM   #4
acr1271
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.matthew View Post
Any chance you can dig up high resolution (or at least clear) pictures from when the car was listed for sale? Maybe the patch is discernible, giving you something to argue with.

Regardless, I'd call BMW customer service and make a case. It's CPO, this shouldn't happen.
Thank you for the feedback. Called customer service and they told me to contact dealer. Asked dealer for lease turn in report specifics on my issue and stated they do not receive a copy as it's done by a third party company. Given runaround by all parties involved. Lessons learned. I'm going to live with it and enjoy the hell out of the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 02:10 PM   #5
ram.matthew
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr1271 View Post
Thank you for the feedback. Called customer service and they told me to contact dealer. Asked dealer for lease turn in report specifics on my issue and stated they do not receive a copy as it's done by a third party company. Given runaround by all parties involved. Lessons learned. I'm going to live with it and enjoy the hell out of the car.
No photos from when the car was listed for sale?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #6
acr1271
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.matthew View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by acr1271 View Post
No photos from when the car was listed for sale?
Purchased vehicle before officially listed for sale with pics. None of the pics I do have pre-purchase show enough resolution on area of concern. I had test drove a bunch of cars and was ready to move on before they brought this one out. The car is awesome, just feel a bit put off by the whole dealer experience post CPO sale.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 06:16 PM   #7
mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance

Unfortunately you are probably stuck with it as I'm sure you've realized by now. I dealt with a similar situation, except it took me a year to find out that the dealer who sold me my CPO sold my vehicle with overtightened wheel locks that had to be drilled out. I knew the previous owner or BMW did it, but they still played the whole "how do we know you didn't do this?" act. Lesson learned - gotta be obnoxiously nitpicky about every inch of the vehicle at the time of purchase.
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #8
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

2 days after I picked up my cpo 328 I found 2 dents they never pulled for me. I never bothered to look if it was fixed upon pick up because the car looked so sharp.

Luckily I took photos of all the deficiencies before signing the purchase agreement. It was a pissing battle on how the dents weren't there when it was in their possession. When I pulled the photos out they shut up and fixed it.
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2018, 10:43 PM   #9
acr1271
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlev View Post
Unfortunately you are probably stuck with it as I'm sure you've realized by now. I dealt with a similar situation, except it took me a year to find out that the dealer who sold me my CPO sold my vehicle with overtightened wheel locks that had to be drilled out. I knew the previous owner or BMW did it, but they still played the whole "how do we know you didn't do this?" act. Lesson learned - gotta be obnoxiously nitpicky about every inch of the vehicle at the time of purchase.
I went back and forth about even making an issue out of it well knowing odds were not in my favor. No regrets in hindsight as I got to see up close how they operate. Many lessons learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC328_F30 View Post
2 days after I picked up my cpo 328 I found 2 dents they never pulled for me. I never bothered to look if it was fixed upon pick up because the car looked so sharp.

Luckily I took photos of all the deficiencies before signing the purchase agreement. It was a pissing battle on how the dents weren't there when it was in their possession. When I pulled the photos out they shut up and fixed it.
Smart on your part and happy they made it right. Wish I had done the same!
Appreciate 1
7iM3less2595.00