F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > USB DVR recommendations
Extreme Powerhouse

04-20-2021, 01:43 AM   #1
Radiohead999
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D F30

USB DVR recommendations

Hi,

I only recently joined the group after buying a 10.25" head unit. There are some great articles on the site, they have really helped me with my set-up. I wondered if anyone had set-up a DVR using the software app XCDVR2? It works okay, but I can't get it to work with the ADAS, so when I launch the DVR app from the main tiles, ADAS comes up but it won't talk the front camera. I have looked at the latest factory config file but I can't work out what I need to put in the as a title to have it recognise and call up XCDVR2 instead of ADAS (XCDVR2 has ADAS technology within it, so I am not too bothered about it not launching). Is there somewhere I can look in the system files to work out what Android thinks the XCDVR2 software is and hence allow me to add the relevant name into the factory config file. Failing that, can anyone recommend a USB DVR camera that works with ADAS out of the box?

Thanks
Appreciate 0