F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AFRICA > Egypt F30
proTUNING Freaks

05-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #705
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded View Post
Ouzzo I thought we already have that as standard, in fact reviews say that all F30 has the ELD
Maybe but that's the first time for me to see it in the shtetl by bmw egypt
      05-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #706
rustyminded
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzzo View Post
From bmw egypt website the 328 now has electronic differential lock

http://www.bmw-eg.com/eg/en/newvehic...f/BMW_328i.pdf

Good explanation of EDL
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...02&postcount=2
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599059
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 01:47 PM   #707
Sherifbmw
Rep
Drives: F30

I need advice from you guys as i see most of you are experts here as my last bmw was 20 years ago.

I am planning to get a new car and am comparing between the new C class and the 320i and need your help in this tough comparison :

1. Did any of you try the benz before and whether to get it or get the bmw

2. From other threads here it seems that some people have issues with their f30s more than other brands, so is it true with the egyptian assembly? Is the f30 a reliable car?

3. I read alot about the body roll here but didn't understand it, what do you mean?

4. Does the f30 has really sound isolation issue, I mean road, street noise while the car is closed?

5. My earlier experience with bmw in general with my friends cars that the suspension is stiff and you get lousy suspension after a while because of our streets (shakhlala in the 3afsha and in the dash)

6. I read alot here about noises and rattles coming from the car dash, is it in every car, did you experience this?

7. Finally I was driving a 316 f30 of one my friends and noticed that the outside smell of cars are coming inside even we were closing the air circulation, it is very important as my kid is having a kind of alergy towards these smells, is this normal or my friends car is having an issue?

Thanks a million
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 02:24 PM   #708
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifbmw View Post
I need advice from you guys as i see most of you are experts here as my last bmw was 20 years ago.

I am planning to get a new car and am comparing between the new C class and the 320i and need your help in this tough comparison :

2. From other threads here it seems that some people have issues with their f30s more than other brands, so is it true with the egyptian assembly? Is the f30 a reliable car?

3. I read alot about the body roll here but didn't understand it, what do you mean?

4. Does the f30 has really sound isolation issue, I mean road, street noise while the car is closed?

5. My earlier experience with bmw in general with my friends cars that the suspension is stiff and you get lousy suspension after a while because of our streets (shakhlala in the 3afsha and in the dash)

6. I read alot here about noises and rattles coming from the car dash, is it in every car, did you experience this?

7. Finally I was driving a 316 f30 of one my friends and noticed that the outside smell of cars are coming inside even we were closing the air circulation, it is very important as my kid is having a kind of alergy towards these smells, is this normal or my friends car is having an issue?

Thanks a million
I haven't owned c class before but I drove one, to me bmw is a bit more fun to drive.
The problems I faced so far with my car are reported by others I the forum from USA so I don't think it's retaliated to Egyptian assembly

My car surprisingly is not very stiff as I expected , I think it's better than older bmw cars in design , but I d have some rattles that I tried to fix

I discovered that the bmw has surprisingly little isolation material , probably to save weight and make a more performing car

So far 40 k km the car is generally trouble free from mechanical standpoint

I can confirm that my car ac even in full recirculating gets some smell from the street

I would say in general MB is about comfort , good performance while BMW is about more fun in driving ( cornering and steering feel)

Also looks like from my MB freinds that they have better maintainace from MB dealer than the shitty Bavaria for bmw . Mainly because of completion as MB has multiple service dealer

Regarding sound isolation , it is not very good I made some mods to help in this area

Still from my taste I would buy Bmw as I like a car that is more fun to drive and generally I like the design f bmw more than MB

Last thing body roll is hen the car makes an angle during hard cornering, ppl say it's more in F30 than previous models

But I thing F30 will still be better than MB in this regards as well

Hope this helps
      05-17-2014, 03:16 PM   #709
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:

Thanks a million
.Never owned a MB but drove quit few, I can tell you there is no absolute fun in driving this car it's all about reaching from A to B in a comfort way which is good but not my type. so it depends what type are you & honestly in the C segment area it is called the "sports sedan" so all cars should handle like the F30.

.We have been BMW owners since 1999, we would have chosen another brand if there was any problems related to assembly. F30 is the most reliable car in it's segment I can assure you that. performance, fuel econ, space it even has the largest and most comfortable back seat in this segment.

.No F30 doesn't have any isolation problem, all the cars in this segment will be like this only the runflat is making the road noise which you kinda live with it as for the air resistance they are just making a gap between it and the bigger brother F10 which we own btw & there is a huge difference between them because in the end F30, Z4 F20(1series) are sports segment in BMW. still I made further mods like Ouzzo just for personal choice as I don't like the air resistance.

.I had an older F30 which was august 2012 production one of the earliest productions, made 32k on it never had an issue with the suspension rattling, the only thing I had was engine hesitation, knocks etc. which was from the fuel sadly the car needs RON95 to get the full performance.

.Currently My car is stiffer than any stock F30 because I have it lowered but still no issues

.Never had it in my old car or this one, actually we never had this issue in any bimmer we owned.

Eventually it will depend on what you like, how you drive your car, want more space etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #710
Sherifbmw
Rep

Thanks guys for the comprehensive feedback, what really matters most for me is the air circulation issue.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #711
mehana
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

F30 club

Hello all F30 owners in Egypt. Thumb up to Ouzzo for the thread.

I have just sold my F30 328i and driving my old trusty E36 328i for a while.

I bought my F30 on October 2012 and it was a great machine.

I coded video in motion, connected drive, internet, BMW live, digital speedo in cluster, BMW Apps, entered navigation code, removed seat belt gong reminder, rolling up window while door is open, reversing while door is open, installed P3cars boost gauge, stage1 BMS, stage2 BMS tuning. 0-100 in 5.4 sec.

What I did liked about F30: built quality, accurate 8 speed ZF transmission, torque and accel. performance and low speed comfort.

Dislikes: Floating at high speeds (bouncy) like old American cars, I have airborne many times at high speeds, not very comfortable or safe situation. needs immediate change to sporty dampers with strong rebound stroke. There is no engine brake what so ever, not like the old 6 cyl. its due to direct injection design.
Radio reception is not very good specially AM freq.
Engine sound, cant put it in neutral while engine off thanks to some new safety precautions, that mean you cant push the car nor trail it while engine is off!!!

BMW will introduce new engine next year its called B48 for F30 will have more power 255 to 300hp, variable turbine geometry and are more efficient to compete with new AMG 45 engine and Audi S3 300hp.

Any thoughts for my new car? you are all welcome.

I am thinking about the new F30 with launch control, what changes do they installed in 2015 model to compete with the new C class?

I hate bavaria's strategy in selling and marketing, they increase prices for no reason, trying to make up the losses of 2011/2012. LOL
Abou EL Fetouh was the best in customer satisfaction.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 10:48 PM   #712
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehana View Post
Hello all F30 owners in Egypt. Thumb up to Ouzzo for the thread.

I have just sold my F30 328i and driving my old trusty E36 328i for a while.

I bought my F30 on October 2012 and it was a great machine.

I coded video in motion, connected drive, internet, BMW live, digital speedo in cluster, BMW Apps, entered navigation code, removed seat belt gong reminder, rolling up window while door is open, reversing while door is open, installed P3cars boost gauge, stage1 BMS, stage2 BMS tuning. 0-100 in 5.4 sec.

What I did liked about F30: built quality, accurate 8 speed ZF transmission, torque and accel. performance and low speed comfort.

Dislikes: Floating at high speeds (bouncy) like old American cars, I have airborne many times at high speeds, not very comfortable or safe situation. needs immediate change to sporty dampers with strong rebound stroke. There is no engine brake what so ever, not like the old 6 cyl. its due to direct injection design.
Radio reception is not very good specially AM freq.
Engine sound, cant put it in neutral while engine off thanks to some new safety precautions, that mean you cant push the car nor trail it while engine is off!!!

BMW will introduce new engine next year its called B48 for F30 will have more power 255 to 300hp, variable turbine geometry and are more efficient to compete with new AMG 45 engine and Audi S3 300hp.

Any thoughts for my new car? you are all welcome.

I am thinking about the new F30 with launch control, what changes do they installed in 2015 model to compete with the new C class?

I hate bavaria's strategy in selling and marketing, they increase prices for no reason, trying to make up the losses of 2011/2012. LOL
Abou EL Fetouh was the best in customer satisfaction.
WOW Mehana, at last you showed up. welcome ya basha, I believe we met before on N54tech
great write up, I forgot to mention the bouncy ride which I hated in this car compared to E90 but after installing the H&R no worries anymore

There are rumores saying that the 28i well use same engine till end of production, we have to wait & see.also they were saying that base of new 7 will be a 4 cylinder so That hold place for more than 255 hp.. as for competing with A45 AMG they will use straight 6 in M2... and the more compelling that the next gen.M3/M4 will be 4 cylinder

All i noticed, they installed apps as standard with the new touch controller.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 11:07 PM   #713
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks guys for the comprehensive feedback, what really matters most for me is the air circulation issue.
To be frank I don't feel the air circulation issue that often while moving. Maybe I got used to it. I tried to fix it in Bavaria but they said it as normal.

Still if you are driving slow behind one of the mico buses with black smoke you will smell a bit of it

My Vw was bulletin proof in isolation compare to my bmw. But I enjoy driving my bmw for hours which I can't say about any other car I owned
      05-17-2014, 11:09 PM   #714
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
WOW Mehana, at last you showed up. welcome ya basha, I believe we met before on N54tech
great write up, I forgot to mention the bouncy ride which I hated in this car compared to E90 but after installing the H&R no worries anymore

There are rumores saying that the 28i well use same engine till end of production, we have to wait & see.also they were saying that base of new 7 will be a 4 cylinder so That hold place for more than 255 hp.. as for competing with A45 AMG they will use straight 6 in M2... and the more compelling that the next gen.M3/M4 will be 4 cylinder

Welcome Mehana
As Rusty said great writ up
I also heard the b48 will be in the 320 and not the 328

5.4 sec to 100 is impressive man
      05-17-2014, 11:17 PM   #715
mehana
Rep

Quote:

Thanks rusty. Yes we met before on N54tech discussing BMS tune.

BMW will install it in 320i and similar version for 335i and may be on 328i LCI after 1 year.
They are changing engines as if it is new colors, and down sizing every thing lol.

I read that they will install TPMS standard on all BMWs starting from April.
Bavaria removed comfort access from 328i, bad bad bad.

Also there is something you may be interested in, iphone app that you can data log and change BMS maps while driving. I will send you link.

Tell me more about your new mods. and your experience with stage2.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 11:25 PM   #716
mehana
Rep

Quote:
Welcome Mehana
As Rusty said great writ up
I also heard the b48 will be in the 320 and not the 328

5.4 sec to 100 is impressive man
Thanks Ouzzo.

I miss my ride man.

Has any one brought in his car for vacuum pump issue? there was a recall.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 11:34 PM   #717
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Ouzzo.

I miss my ride man.

Has any one brought in his car for vacuum pump issue? there was a recall.
No issue on mine , they recalled for corrosion protection on battery terminal and a code upgrade once
      05-18-2014, 02:52 AM   #718
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
To be frank I don't feel the air circulation issue that often while moving. Maybe I got used to it. I tried to fix it in Bavaria but they said it as normal.

Still if you are driving slow behind one of the mico buses with black smoke you will smell a bit of it

My Vw was bulletin proof in isolation compare to my bmw. But I enjoy driving my bmw for hours which I can't say about any other car I owned
really ya ouzzo wthh.. i never noticed that, making a new thread & people will come up with ideas
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 03:16 AM   #719
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks rusty. Yes we met before on N54tech discussing BMS tune.

BMW will install it in 320i and similar version for 335i and may be on 328i LCI after 1 year.
They are changing engines as if it is new colors, and down sizing every thing lol.

I read that they will install TPMS standard on all BMWs starting from April.
Bavaria removed comfort access from 328i, bad bad bad.

Also there is something you may be interested in, iphone app that you can data log and change BMS maps while driving. I will send you link.

Tell me more about your new mods. and your experience with stage2.
I hope they don't put a 300hp version as I will go crazy, I think they will put 340hp in the 335i because that engine has been here for too long

I would have appreciated it if they did that from beginning but it's no big deal it can be installed as it will be very helpful.

ahh now I love my car, it's completely different the Jb4 is pretty impressive, easy to use changing the map is really helpful but I would have loved it if it only needed RON95 for map2 just one more item & my car will be FBO.. I have the OCC, intake, dp, muffler which are both catless & they are louder than I expected aside from the JB4, for suspension I have H&R, wheel spacers & front strut & I installed LED all around + coding... last thing Me & ouzzo played a little with isolation which turned out pretty good especially after last thing I did yesterday..

Guys we need a meeting.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 06:32 AM   #720
Sherifbmw
Rep

Guys do you know that MB benz will not assemble the C class in Egypt, so they will only introduce the C180 with 156 HP , prices ranges from approximately 378 k to 510 k for the 4 categories but all c180. Its out of my equation, very expensive for a 1.6 car.

One of my friends is advising me to get the new grand cherokee , am very confused specially that my work will pay part and I have to stay with any car that I get for 5 years, so I need to study well
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 11:26 AM   #721
Omar90
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep
Drives: Bmw

We do need a meeting...

Guys If i want to make these Codings:
Connected drive, internet, BMW live, digital speedo in cluster, BMW Apps.

What do i need?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #722
mehana
Rep

Quote:
I hope they don't put a 300hp version as I will go crazy, I think they will put 340hp in the 335i because that engine has been here for too long

I would have appreciated it if they did that from beginning but it's no big deal it can be installed as it will be very helpful.

ahh now I love my car, it's completely different the Jb4 is pretty impressive, easy to use changing the map is really helpful but I would have loved it if it only needed RON95 for map2 just one more item & my car will be FBO.. I have the OCC, intake, dp, muffler which are both catless & they are louder than I expected aside from the JB4, for suspension I have H&R, wheel spacers & front strut & I installed LED all around + coding... last thing Me & ouzzo played a little with isolation which turned out pretty good especially after last thing I did yesterday..

Guys we need a meeting.
Next step they will be putting 3 cylinder in F30 316i tok tok style hehe, but really its a good engine and sounds superb too, about 150-180hp.

Have map1 through drivetrain malfunction error? in high loads situation and low octane.

OCC is good mod. did you find any thing in it?

Isolation, you are talking about sound or smoke isolation?

Have you changed any settings in Jb4 cp1500, max boost, default waste gate position?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 11:37 AM   #723
mehana
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar90 View Post
We do need a meeting...

Guys If i want to make these Codings:
Connected drive, internet, BMW live, digital speedo in cluster, BMW Apps.

What do i need?

Thanks
Hi Omar

What is the production date of your car? year/month?
Or you can send me vin number to check.

For all above options its possible, except BMW apps you have to purchase it.

Send me your vin to see what you can add.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #724
Sherifbmw
Rep

Quote:
Hi Omar

What is the production date of your car? year/month?
Or you can send me vin number to check.

For all above options its possible, except BMW apps you have to purchase it.

Send me your vin to see what you can add.
Hi Mehana, do you know which codings that will Not void the warranty of the car? And do bavarian notice these changes while doing any kind of maintenance or fixings?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #725
mehana
Rep

Quote:
Hi Mehana, do you know which codings that will Not void the warranty of the car? And do bavarian notice these changes while doing any kind of maintenance or fixings?
Hi Sherif,

Coding is different than programming, it changes values to add options and can be reset to factory setting at any time. Will not void warranty, and its not traceable by diagnosis. As if it comes that way from factory.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #726
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Next step they will be putting 3 cylinder in F30 316i tok tok style hehe, but really its a good engine and sounds superb too, about 150-180hp.

Have map1 through drivetrain malfunction error? in high loads situation and low octane.

OCC is good mod. did you find any thing in it?

Isolation, you are talking about sound or smoke isolation?

Have you changed any settings in Jb4 cp1500, max boost, default waste gate position?
yea I heard the new 3 cylinder sound naturally it sounds like the inline 6..

no as long as I take care of my car I will never get that error as I faced it few time in my older car and now I know why it shows up.

so far I found sludge, I will take a photo next oil change

nah just sound isolation, of course I was curious about the cp1500 but that's stage 1 simulation & I really felt the difference between stage 1 simulation & map1 stage 2, as for the other settings I played with the default waste gate position but honestly I don't have that experience should I raise the number or lower it so I don't want to mess things up, no I didn't play with max boost as I use RON92
have you tried anything when you had your car ?
Appreciate 0