F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Decent X3M lease deals...
proTUNING Freaks

03-06-2021, 12:57 PM   #23
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

The X3M has gone had it Wills2 Is there something else incoming or are you having a break?
      03-06-2021, 01:50 PM   #24
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
The X3M has gone had it Wills2 Is there something else incoming or are you having a break?
Nothing incoming at the moment but I'll have to get something sooner or later I guess.
      03-07-2021, 05:35 AM   #25
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Yes, makes perfect sense. With the Exige there for track days and Sunday mornings, much less business miles being needed, and having a dog now, the space for the M4 in my life is being squeezed. The M3 touring will be a while and will be expensive too, compared to the X3M, so it keeps coming in to my thoughts.
I did think fleetingly about an X3M when the good offers were around at the back-end of 2019 but couldn't get past my dislike of SUV's. Also, with a couple of dogs to consider, I actually concluded an estate was better - some SUV's have quite a high boot floor for them to jump in and out of and that becomes a consideration, especially as they get older. Therefore, at similar money personally I'd go RS4 in preference to an X3M but I accept it's ETTO!

I do however identify a bit with Wills2's feeling about a car not getting used (and I daresay quite a few others can as well at the moment). It's now a little over 9 months since I took delivery of my G21 and it's still not quite clocked 3.5k miles - I'd be lying if I said thoughts along the lines of "waste of money" haven't gone through my mind but I keep convincing myself its time will come when we finally emerge from the pandemic!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 07:14 AM   #26
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Yes, makes perfect sense. With the Exige there for track days and Sunday mornings, much less business miles being needed, and having a dog now, the space for the M4 in my life is being squeezed. The M3 touring will be a while and will be expensive too, compared to the X3M, so it keeps coming in to my thoughts.
I did think fleetingly about an X3M when the good offers were around at the back-end of 2019 but couldn't get past my dislike of SUV's. Also, with a couple of dogs to consider, I actually concluded an estate was better - some SUV's have quite a high boot floor for them to jump in and out of and that becomes a consideration, especially as they get older. Therefore, at similar money personally I'd go RS4 in preference to an X3M but I accept it's ETTO!

I do however identify a bit with Wills2's feeling about a car not getting used (and I daresay quite a few others can as well at the moment). It's now a little over 9 months since I took delivery of my G21 and it's still not quite clocked 3.5k miles - I'd be lying if I said thoughts along the lines of "waste of money" haven't gone through my mind but I keep convincing myself its time will come when we finally emerge from the pandemic!
We have the 340 tourer and it's a good space for our dog. She can't stand or sit properly without stopping her neck though, so the extra height of an X3 boot would probably make her a bit happier, despite a slightly smaller floor area.
On the other hand, from a safety perspective it's probably better she can't stand so easily.

For how the car gets used in our household I can't help but think a X3 M40 would be the better option. The hybrid possibly even better, except the hybrid gubbins steal a bit too much boot room. So then I think about X5 45e... it's a constant battle with mission creep!

And then I go full circle and realise the 340 tourer does everything we need and is bought and paid for, so costing peanuts in comparison to any of the above options.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 1
mikeoz2861.50
      03-07-2021, 08:06 AM   #27
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:

I'm at just over 4 months and not yet at 2k, and I know MashinBenzin said something about his D5 being at a little over 2k after 7 months or so....

But as you say, the time will come.

Like you, I prefer an estate to a SUV for the dog, she isnt getting any younger and its a lower jump! But as you ay its great we can all choose....
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2021, 08:56 AM   #28
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Quote:

I'm at just over 4 months and not yet at 2k, and I know MashinBenzin said something about his D5 being at a little over 2k after 7 months or so....

But as you say, the time will come.

Like you, I prefer an estate to a SUV for the dog, she isnt getting any younger and its a lower jump! But as you ay its great we can all choose....
Yep, delivered 30 July, and just clicked over 2500 today. Back when I was commuting, that would have taken 6 weeks, max.

I'm happy not burning fuel and more notes by driving more, though, just feel that all the short trips (it's maximum run generally is 11 miles each way) are not going to be good for a diesel.

As for dogs, I have a button in the loadspace that lowers the rear suspension right down (one of the two in the bottom right). Albeit a low D5 is possibly a lifted X3!
Attached Images

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18821.50
      03-07-2021, 12:45 PM   #29
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:

It was the nagging in my head that it was a waste of money with current usage and I thought/think cars are fetching strong money at the moment I got back 52k from the dealer which was more than the settlement figure and that's unheard of in my experience when you settle a 48 month agreement after 15 on an M car when you put nothing down but a payment.

But I don't think it's going to last as I feel we're in for a rough ride this year perhaps as things unwind, the only issue being there is no value yet so I don't want to sign up for anything to replace it.

Interest rates on used cars are expensive and discounts on new ones are not where they once were, the bus pass beckons.

Last edited by Wills2; 03-07-2021 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 2
dazzapb1050.00
KRS_SN13691.00
      04-08-2021, 03:07 PM   #30
KCH1984
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
Just happen to notice, compared to the M3 figures a bargain not the same cars at all but still M

I am still loving mine after 12 months.

Appreciate this appears to be for a base car,

https://www.leaseloco.com/car-leasin.../2-36-8000-1-0

https://centralukvehicleleasing.co.u...MCO5EPTA4.htm/

1 +35 @ 663 for 8k is a lot of car for the money

The PCP deal from BMW forces is still good too.

Not quite the 550 deals but recall they were standard spec too. Sometimes a lease is more appealing... strict rental model.

Saving 1500 too as RFL included. I would like ID7 too which these have

KCH1984 one to think about.
@dazzapb your inbox is full...but thanks for the heads-up on the ventilated seat option - added
      04-27-2021, 03:44 PM   #31
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Hoping to get a test drive as I've not been able to shake the lure of having something a bit more flexible as I'm spending too much time driving the Scenic at the moment, which is fine but missing being sat in an m even if it's not necessarily giving it plenty.

I'd be very tempted into a g80 touring but if I'm going to make a move, now would be the time, also at the current prices it's far too much money and I've seen a few tasty discounts coming down stream on the x3m's

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 03:54 PM   #32
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
Hoping to get a test drive as I've not been able to shake the lure of having something a bit more flexible as I'm spending too much time driving the Scenic at the moment, which is fine but missing being sat in an m even if it's not necessarily giving it plenty.

I'd be very tempted into a g80 touring but if I'm going to make a move, now would be the time, also at the current prices it's far too much money and I've seen a few tasty discounts coming down stream on the x3m's
cough RS4 cough
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 04:13 PM   #33
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Quote:

I borrowed an X3M for the day when the 550 offer came out and drove it about 80 miles. For the first 40 miles I was pretty convinced about getting one. The engine is spectacular, but when I used it on the bumpier roads close to home, I realised that I couldn’t live with it - it felt too unstable. I’m not a big follower of Joe Achilles but I agree with him on this. Do try and take an extended drive over different road surfaces to make sure it’s right for you.

Last edited by JD6; 04-27-2021 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 04:20 PM   #34
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
I borrowed an X3M for the day when the 550 offer came out and drove it about 80 miles. For the first 40 miles I was pretty convinced about getting one. The engine is spectacular, but when I used it on the bumpier roads close to home, I realised that I couldn’t live with it - it felt too unstable. Do try and take an extended drive over different road surfaces to make sure it’s right for you.
They soften up after a few thousand miles TBF, the roads around me are dreadful especially the moor roads however it never felt unstable at speed it was the really slow stuff like a speed bump pillow that would make it bounce but it would bully a rough surface at speed.

But of course it's in the eye of driver not saying it didn't feel like that for you.
      04-27-2021, 04:50 PM   #35
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
They soften up after a few thousand miles TBF, the roads around me are dreadful especially the moor roads however it never felt unstable at speed it was the really slow stuff like a speed bump pillow that would make it bounce but it would bully a rough surface at speed.

But of course it's in the eye of driver not saying it didn't feel like that for you.
Perhaps I didn’t drive it fast enough! I suspect the softer non-competition X3M might have suited me better had they sold those in the UK. I felt that I could drive my 335d (with ACS springs) faster on the same road with more control.

Fortunately another good deal came along soon after - the 840i.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 05:36 PM   #36
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
I think if you drove a comfortable but reasonably sporty car over broken UK roads it is difficult to go back to a non comfortable but very sporty one . Trick is not to drive a comfortable car as I found out that was my undoing as in my mind I was sold once I drove one that was comfortable yet sporty.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 02:16 AM   #37
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

cough RS4 cough
Well, yes, that's another option .

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 04:32 AM   #38
KCH1984
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y LR

Quote:
You definitely need to get out a drive, and to be fair, those happy with the X3M did encourage me to do that as they're not for everyone.

I had a spec and deal agreed...and then had one out for a 24hr test drive. It only had 50miles on it but I didn't find the ride comfort an issue at all, what undid it for me was the road/tyre noise that would reverberate through the cabin on all but the smoothest surfaces. I understand this may in part be down to the tyres fitted (my demo had the Conti 6s) and, as suggested above, it probably wasn't shown in a great light when driving back to back with the X5. I still think it's a great car, but it was going to serve as main family transport and for that something which can do the comfort side better (e.g. RS4) would probably be a safer bet.

If it was going to be a second car in the household and primarily used by me, I'd have signed up in a heartbeat. The engine/gearbox is truly brilliant and the way it shifts is completely unexpected for something its size. I just think BMW could have made it a touch softer or more refined in it's comfort setting and it would have been my ideal daily transport.
      04-28-2021, 09:11 AM   #39
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCH1984 View Post
Quote:
You definitely need to get out a drive, and to be fair, those happy with the X3M did encourage me to do that as they're not for everyone.

I had a spec and deal agreed...and then had one out for a 24hr test drive. It only had 50miles on it but I didn't find the ride comfort an issue at all, what undid it for me was the road/tyre noise that would reverberate through the cabin on all but the smoothest surfaces. I understand this may in part be down to the tyres fitted (my demo had the Conti 6s) and, as suggested above, it probably wasn't shown in a great light when driving back to back with the X5. I still think it's a great car, but it was going to serve as main family transport and for that something which can do the comfort side better (e.g. RS4) would probably be a safer bet.

If it was going to be a second car in the household and primarily used by me, I'd have signed up in a heartbeat. The engine/gearbox is truly brilliant and the way it shifts is completely unexpected for something its size. I just think BMW could have made it a touch softer or more refined in it's comfort setting and it would have been my ideal daily transport.
So I've been out in one for an hour, I really need more time with one as it was just not towards the end that I became a little more comfortable.

However, as a car, it was very nice, the ride was not a problem at all, and it was certainly capable enough.

The thing I need to get my head around is the f80 wants to be driven and that becomes apparent the moment you turn the wheel. The X3m isn't quite like that, but equally it seems happy enough when you do engage with it. Ultimately that might make it a better overall package, but this is why I need some more time.

This car will be my car, but the intention is to have something that offers a bit more flexility, so liveability interms of road noise etc isn't such a problem. On the test drive I found it generally more refine that the f80 which hasn't been a problem before when we used that car more often before we got the dogs.

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 11:46 AM   #40
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Quote:
cough RS4 cough
And I'd say a far better one although that could be due to my dislike of most things SUV!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 01:55 PM   #41
Bryans69
Major
Rep
Drives: TTT, MGB (in bits), VW Camper

Garage List
Quote:
And I'd say a far better one although that could be due to my dislike of most things SUV!
Have to agree on both fronts
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 02:26 PM   #42
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Just trying to find someone who has an RS4 I can test drive, it would appear that they are hard to come by as the 'chip' shortage is impacting production.

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 02:31 PM   #43
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Just trying to find someone who has an RS4 I can test drive, it would appear that they are hard to come by as the 'chip' shortage is impacting production.
You can have a go in mine next time I am up north if you want, I'll be in the chesterfield area....most likely bank holiday weekend at end of May, I might be up before then but if I do it will be a flying visit.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 02:01 AM   #44
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You can have a go in mine next time I am up north if you want, I'll be in the chesterfield area....most likely bank holiday weekend at end of May, I might be up before then but if I do it will be a flying visit.
I might hold you to that if I'm not sorted by then. Thanks!!!

Appreciate 1
isleaiw18821.50