F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > COVID Vaccine
Studio RSR
View Poll Results: Will you have the jab?
Yes 191 87.61%
No 27 12.39%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

01-13-2021, 07:13 AM   #1
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
COVID Vaccine

Anyone on the forum had it? It will be a while before I get mine I think looking at the JVCI list but looking forward to having it and hopefully getting back to some form of normality later this year!!

Anyone not having it and why not?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 07:17 AM   #2
Gillespie
Banned
Rep
Drives: Vauxhall Grandland X

I’ll be getting it when I can but it’ll be a while yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 07:27 AM   #3
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Didn’t vote because my answers not as straightforward.

Yes - eventually (perhaps next winter) providing no delayed adverse events crop up over the course of the year.

I’d also prefer to take a Jab once you have the luxury of choosing which one of the Jabs you want, and when they are able to start giving you the second Jab at the correct time (as in the trials) rather than delayed a couple of extra months.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 07:31 AM   #4
AlRex
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Yes, hopefully getting it today. Work in care homes so think it must be a good thing. If it helps keep the residents safe then I’m all for it.
Appreciate 2
      01-13-2021, 07:37 AM   #5
Paddy1975
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318i

My Dad had his first jab last week in the west midlands, bit of a mess TBF, firstly had an appointment time of 17:20 so arrived at the agreed no more than 5 minutes before to a queue of around 30 over 80's standing in the bitter cold and snow, eventually got in at around 18:00, first lady at the door takes the temperature, bit low she says - no shit been outside for 40 minutes, then passed to another lady for D.O.B and address check, she prints off paperwork then queue again to talk to yet another person to answer questions about illness and pregnancy ? 83 year old man????? standard form, then queue again for injection, then join a group waiting room for 15 minutes before being allowed to leave and go home. hardly any social distancing inside or outside and at least 5 different people to deal with inside, i hope they get this lot sorted out ASAP and we can get the other side of this. Glad my dad had it hell yes but the admin of it has to change.
Harryg276.00
      01-13-2021, 07:41 AM   #6
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlRex View Post
Yes, hopefully getting it today. Work in care homes so think it must be a good thing. If it helps keep the residents safe then I’m all for it.
Unfortunately they don’t know for sure if that’s the case yet. It could be that the vaccine protects you from getting sick but you can still pass it on asymptomatic after coming in contact with the virus and infected like an unvaccinated person who is lucky enough to be asymptomatic due to some natural immunity to it.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 08:05 AM   #7
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooded View Post
Unfortunately they don’t know for sure if that’s the case yet. It could be that the vaccine protects you from getting sick but you can still pass it on asymptomatic after coming in contact with the virus and infected like an unvaccinated person who is lucky enough to be asymptomatic due to some natural immunity to it.
But it might though, so posts saying what your decision is are obviously ok. But posts trying to make people, who work in or around care homes, question their decision is wholly irresponsible.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 08:06 AM   #8
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

I’ll be while yet according to the priority list. Wife booked in Saturday and her second dose booked as well. 👍
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2021, 08:12 AM   #9
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
But it might though, so posts saying what your decision is are obviously ok. But posts trying to make people, who work in or around care homes, question their decision is wholly irresponsible.
Get off your high horse. Posts pointing out the truth are always a good thing. It’s just as irresponsible for vaccinated people to believe they can’t infect others and act in such a way if that isn’t actually the case. We just don’t know for sure yet and I’ve just educated someone of this.

Always got to nitpick and pick an argument haven’t you
Appreciate 1
cfm56d7b5886.00
      01-13-2021, 08:20 AM   #10
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

13 - 0 at the time of posting which is good to see.

I do wonder if our almost entirely male demographic is part of the reason for this. My very unscientific sample of people I know suggests that women are over-represented in the anti-vax group, and probably more broadly the group likely to believe any social media conspiracy theory.
Appreciate 2
      01-13-2021, 08:25 AM   #11
Ronstein
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: 2019 640i GT MSport

Mid to late Feb, by the looks of things.
- 2016 335D Touring M Sport X-drive
- 2014 335D GT X-Drive MSport
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2021, 08:44 AM   #12
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Get off your high horse. Posts pointing out the truth are always a good thing. It’s just as irresponsible for vaccinated people to believe they can’t infect others and act in such a way if that isn’t actually the case. We just don’t know for sure yet and I’ve just educated someone of this.

Always got to nitpick and pick an argument haven’t you
Sorry, but pulling someone who is encouraging a worker, who has direct contact with the elderly, to question vaccine decisions, is not nit picking.

And let’s not forget, you’ve been quite vocal on here about your fear and anxiety surrounding taking the vaccine so it’s perfectly reasonable to assume that’s what you’re peddling.

I’m guessing your vaccine choices and opinions find a more welcome home on Facebook.

Last edited by Goneinsixtyseconds; 01-13-2021 at 08:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 08:50 AM   #13
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
13 - 0 at the time of posting which is good to see.

I do wonder if our almost entirely male demographic is part of the reason for this. My very unscientific sample of people I know suggests that women are over-represented in the anti-vax group, and probably more broadly the group likely to believe any social media conspiracy theory.
Some of my wife’s seriously ill patients are refusing to take it, and stating in conversations is it is because of the things they’ve seen on Facebook.

These people are often at extremely high risk if they get Covid, yet somehow posts on Facebook have convinced them to the core that the vaccine is worse.

No idea if it’s representative of gender, but the two therapy sessions I know she has booked tomorrow on this very subject, are youngish women.
Appreciate 1
JD64270.50
      01-13-2021, 08:56 AM   #14
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, but pulling someone who is encouraging a worker, who has direct contact with the elderly, to question vaccine decisions, is not nit picking.

And let’s not forget, you’ve been quite vocal on here about your fear and anxiety surrounding taking the vaccine.

I’m guessing your vaccine choices and opinions find a more welcome home on Facebook.
No one pulled anyone on anything (I guess that must be the way your seedy little mind sees things though?) ... I simply pointed out a fact .. the scientists don’t know if having the vaccine stops you infecting others if you have contracted the virus from contact with it but are protected by the vaccine from getting sick. Its Only bad people that try and prevent the truth being heard.

Another pathetic comment trying to compare my valid point about vaccine trials normally being followed by a 2 year observation period so any latent adverse events should show up with the crazy tin foil hat Facebook anti-vac group. You really need to grow up lad!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 09:24 AM   #15
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No one pulled anyone on anything (I guess that must be the way your seedy little mind sees things though?) ... I simply pointed out a fact .. the scientists don’t know if having the vaccine stops you infecting others if you have contracted the virus from contact with it but are protected by the vaccine from getting sick. Its Only bad people that try and prevent the truth being heard.

Another pathetic comment trying to compare my valid point about vaccine trials normally being followed by a 2 year observation period so any latent adverse events should show up with the crazy tin foil hat Facebook anti-vac group. You really need to grow up lad!
No, I was skewed by your previous pages and pages of fear and anxiety about the vaccine. Sincere apologies if your concerns for the elderly were genuine.

Last time you spent an awful lot of time talking some nonsense about being the boss and plebs trying it out for you in advance. That may have unfairly influenced how I read this post.

Good work in pointing it out.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 09:25 AM   #16
chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i RWD

Okay I know a lot of people who have had the vaccination. Some just one dose, some 2 doses. The vast majority of these are health workers (nurses, doctors etc) so I'll listen to what they say vs some random.

It seems like there are two groups from the people who had the jab and they nearly all had the same group side effects.

1)Those who are certain they've not had covid before: Jab 1, bit of an achy arm like any jab. Jab 2 = feel rather rough for a day. Shakes, bit sick, more achy.

2)Those who 100% have had covid: Jab 1, much like the 2nd jab for those who haven't had it. They feel the initial roughness for a day. Jab 2, nothing. just a but of arm ache from the jab site.

From 30+ people there was only 2 people who had had both jabs and said they felt 100% fine after both. The rest either hadn't had the second jab or they'd felt a bit meh. They have all said the side effects were fine just you knew you felt a bit "off".

The people who had the jabs are all early 20's through to early 60's. "working age" for the NHS. Only thing is it was mostly women.

I'll gladly have the jab as soon as it becomes available.
      01-13-2021, 09:39 AM   #17
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
No, I was skewed by your previous pages and pages of fear and anxiety about the vaccine. Sincere apologies if your concerns for the elderly were genuine.

Last time you spent an awful lot of time talking some nonsense about being the boss and plebs trying it out for you in advance. That may have unfairly influenced how I read this post.

Good work in pointing it out.
We’ve gone over that before .. I was playing up to your personally and previous comments with the ‘Boss’.

No pages of fear

Let’s reiterate ..

I’ve repeatedly (repeatedly mainly because YOU kept arguing with me about it all) pointed out a fact that vaccine trials are followed by a 2 year observation period so any latent adverse events show up. An example could be an autoimmune disease you develop months or a year later.
Because this has been skipped and I’m personally at around 0.1% risk of death at my age and health I’ve chosen caution and a wait and see approach before taking the vaccine perhaps next winter. My actual strategy is outlined above on this thread. No fear and anxiety really just an intelligent cautious approach to new vaccines.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 09:45 AM   #18
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
We’ve gone over that before .. I was playing up to your personally and previous comments with the ‘Boss’.

No pages of fear

Let’s reiterate ..

I’ve repeatedly (repeatedly mainly because YOU kept arguing with me about it all) pointed out a fact that vaccine trials are followed by a 2 year observation period so any latent adverse events show up. An example could be an autoimmune disease you develop months or a year later.
Because this has been skipped and I’m personally at around 0.1% risk of death at my age and health I’ve chosen caution and a wait and see approach before taking the vaccine perhaps next winter. My actual strategy is outlined above on this thread. No fear and anxiety really just an intelligent cautious approach to new vaccines.
Cool, sensible choice. Good job everyone else isn’t as scared, sorry as intelligent, as you, or we’d never open up the economy again.

You’re regularly posting back about MY arguing with you. You know if YOU didn’t feel the need to reply as well, it wouldn’t be an argument?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 09:48 AM   #19
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

24 to 1 is a good ratio so far though, let’s hope it’s indicative and the government can get the vaccine out as quick as they’re planning!

Some of us might even get away on holiday this year if other countries can do the same!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 09:49 AM   #20
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Cool, sensible choice. Good job everyone else isn’t as scared, sorry as intelligent, as you, or we’d never open up the economy again.

You’re regularly posting back about MY arguing with you. You know if YOU didn’t feel the need to reply as well, it wouldn’t be an argument?
Your argument with me? You argue with almost everyone Alex. You’re famous for being attacked for twisting peoples comments who disagree with your own views.

It’s pointless talking to you on here, you stink of someone who was bullied at school so now use this forum to bitch and attack others who’s views are different to your own views.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2021, 09:52 AM   #21
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Guys this is a post about the vaccine - please take any personal bitching offline and do not hijack this thread. Thanks.
Appreciate 5
Hooded1669.00
Ronstein416.00
3-GT333.00
Stainy265.00
garyfried286.00
      01-13-2021, 10:13 AM   #22
Panchoa
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
Guys this is a post about the vaccine - please take any personal bitching offline and do not hijack this thread. Thanks.
Yeah agree with this.....so many threads are being taken over with bitching between certain individuals recently, I’ve stopped reading some threads. Shame really as some are very informative....!

Some very argumentative / keyboard warriors on this forum of late
Appreciate 2
Closed Thread