F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > PLEASE HELP! Urgent
proTUNING Freaks

05-14-2018, 10:38 AM   #1
Sairo09
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 320i XDrive

PLEASE HELP! Urgent

Hi Guys
SO this friday, i had the dealership swap out my winter runflats for my all season runflats. Now after driving a while, the low pressure warning is up saying rear left tire is low and not to drive above 50mph. The dealership is saying they cannot help as their service bay is booked full. what do i do? please help. I need the car to drive to work.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 10:57 AM   #2
Sam!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 328xi Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sairo09 View Post
Hi Guys
SO this friday, i had the dealership swap out my winter runflats for my all season runflats. Now after driving a while, the low pressure warning is up saying rear left tire is low and not to drive above 50mph. The dealership is saying they cannot help as their service bay is booked full. what do i do? please help. I need the car to drive to work.
1) fill tire at gas station according to specs on driver side door sill.
2) buy a tire pressure gauge at Canadian Tire and monitor if pressure drops or not.

Rinse and repeat until they can take your car, or just go to a random tire shop if you can't wait. Unless you bought tire coverage, the dealership will probably charge you anyways, so you may as well take it to a tire shop who has capacity.

Anything past 1 and 2 will require dismounting the wheel to figure out what's wrong, which doesn't seem like you're willing to do.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #3
Vinboyblue
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

Inspect your tire if its actually low on air!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #4
Sairo09
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam! View Post
2) buy a tire pressure gauge at Canadian Tire and monitor if pressure drops or not.

Rinse and repeat until they can take your car, or just go to a random tire shop if you can't wait. Unless you bought tire coverage, the dealership will probably charge you anyways, so you may as well take it to a tire shop who has capacity.

Anything past 1 and 2 will require dismounting the wheel to figure out what's wrong, which doesn't seem like you're willing to do.
Thanks! I have a shell gas station nearby here and a canadian tire as well. Will go there today evening and do those things. If it happens again I will go to a local tire shop as the dealership will require booking atleast a week in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 11:26 AM   #5
Sairo09
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinboyblue View Post
Inspect your tire if its actually low on air!!!
will do that! thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 11:33 AM   #6
Sairo09
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam! View Post

Can we inflate runflats though?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 11:39 AM   #7
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

Yes you can inflate runflats.

You can also repair runflats like any other tire just that if you let the air run out and squash the sidewalls it will lose its runflat properties.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 11:52 AM   #8
Sairo09
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
Yes you can inflate runflats.

You can also repair runflats like any other tire just that if you let the air run out and squash the sidewalls it will lose its runflat properties.
Oh ok. i will take it to canadian tire today evening and have them check it out. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 11:53 AM   #9
Sam!
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! I have a shell gas station nearby here and a canadian tire as well. Will go there today evening and do those things. If it happens again I will go to a local tire shop as the dealership will require booking atleast a week in advance.
Yeah, best case scenario, there's a leak at the bead/valve during the winter, worse case scenario, you ran over something after install and have to get it replaced. The dealership would've checked and added air if necessary during mounting. If it's a slow enough leak, just check regular and keep adding air until you get it addressed, however best thing to do is to take it to a shop ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 12:02 PM   #10
Vinboyblue
First Lieutenant
Rep

The best case scenario is that the air needs to be tapped up and you just needed to reset your Tire pressure system. This happens to me every-time I switch my wheels.

Check that your pressure is at the specifications, then reset your TPMS. you can do this yourself.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #11
Sairo09
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Thanks guys. I must also mention that after the swap there is slight vibration in the steering wheel when i go above 110 km/h. Has it got to do with low pressure?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 04:01 PM   #12
Vinboyblue
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks guys. I must also mention that after the swap there is slight vibration in the steering wheel when i go above 110 km/h. Has it got to do with low pressure?
YOU SHOULDNT BE GOING ABOVE 100 IN THE FIRST PLACE! THE SPEED LIMIT IS 100

Just kidding its probably the pressure or u need to balance your tires.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #13
Sairo09
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

UPDATE*
I took it to the dealership and left it overnight. They diagnosed it today and said the two left rims are bent and are useless and need to be replaced. Left rear is full flat and is useless as well. They need to realign and balance again due to me using it when it was damaged.
Diagnosis: $200
New Tire+Mounting 4 tires: 484$ (I have another set of rims
Alignment: $159
Around 1100$ with tax.
I asked them to go ahead with it.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 05:04 PM   #14
Sam!
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
UPDATE*
I took it to the dealership and left it overnight. They diagnosed it today and said the two left rims are bent and are useless and need to be replaced. Left rear is full flat and is useless as well. They need to realign and balance again due to me using it when it was damaged.
Diagnosis: $200
New Tire+Mounting 4 tires: 484$ (I have another set of rims
Alignment: $159
Around 1100$ with tax.
I asked them to go ahead with it.
I'd stop going to that dealership...
- Bent rims to the point of not holding air and they still installed. Damage to that extent should've been clearly visible.
- I feel you're getting hosed on the alignment. It's good to do, but if they recommended it because of this situation; it's pretty excessive.
- Pretty heavy handed on the diagnosis cost, but it's a dealership so I'm not surprised.
Appreciate 0