F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
proTUNING Freaks

10-02-2019, 10:11 AM   #2773
pitoncho
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e87

Hello guys!

I have an 10,25 screen by fltombo bought in aliexpres... my car is an e87 series 1.

the question that i have is that i have bought an idrive controller for retrofiting it in my car, but i dont have the conecctions to the car.. i would like if someone can explain me how can I connect the idrive controller (ccc) to the screen radio.. i didnt find anything in internet.. thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 06:22 PM   #2774
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

I think you need the iDrive controller that you can buy with the Android units. Contact the seller and ask for such an iDrive controller.

You can not connect an original iDrive controller. Cars with original iDrive have a different Head Unit, which the Android unit connects to. It will be far too much job retrofitting CCC or CIC for this.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 10:34 AM   #2775
pitoncho
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
I think you need the iDrive controller that you can buy with the Android units. Contact the seller and ask for such an iDrive controller.

You can not connect an original iDrive controller. Cars with original iDrive have a different Head Unit, which the Android unit connects to. It will be far too much job retrofitting CCC or CIC for this.
So, i need to leave the idea of make it work the ccc original with the android screen? I´ve seen in other places that this screen can be used with the original ccc..

And other question, how can i install an update? i´ve done all the steps with the usb but i cannot do anything.. i want to have the chinese idrive cotroller working with android auto app.. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 02:42 PM   #2776
Pondaire
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
You can also extract the Launcher from your OTA file, i just added an Android 9 Extractor batch to the URTOOL at Github.
Do we have anywhere a compilation of the sources for the modified apps? I found in the github page the modified firmwares and stuff, but I was not able to find the specific code changes in these apps/firmwares. I'd like to modify mine :/
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 10:44 PM   #2777
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitoncho View Post
So, i need to leave the idea of make it work the ccc original with the android screen? I´ve seen in other places that this screen can be used with the original ccc..
Your car doesn't have CCC, as I understand you. In that case you will have to replace your Head Unit with a CCC unit if you want the original iDrive controller. A better solution for you is to buy the iDrive controller that is supplied with some Android units. Check the harness from the Android unit, is there a cable labeled X1? This is for connecting this (not BMW original) iDrive controller.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 04:19 AM   #2778
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondaire View Post
Do we have anywhere a compilation of the sources for the modified apps? I found in the github page the modified firmwares and stuff, but I was not able to find the specific code changes in these apps/firmwares. I'd like to modify mine :/
I also don`t have information to modified code yet, i`m no programmer i`m only analyzing the code between version to see what had been changed/updated.

Chri
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2019, 05:51 AM   #2779
adrian.k
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 e93 325i se

Has anyone managed to change the boot animation on these units to a custom one yet?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 02:58 AM   #2780
irose50
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Head Unit Reloaded

Does anyone here use these screens for Android Auto using HU Reloaded?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 12:57 PM   #2781
phor
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Hi!

Have you been able to solve this issue?
I got the same one, and mixer_path is also the same.
I've spent a lot of hours trying to boost mic volume but without luck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haxx94 View Post
Hi!, I have an androd 7.1, 10.25" rooted unit for my bmw f30, I'm trying to raise up the gain of the microphone because in call and in vocal registrations the recorded volume is too low, and adding an external microphone did not resolve.
doing some research, I found that I have to edit the mixer_path.xml file located in "/system/etc/mixer_path.xml" and edit some values to raise up the mic gain, but I don't unterstand what I have to edit
can someone help me?

this is my original mixer_path.xml file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=117...p_GOMKPaLNxbdT
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 10:06 AM   #2782
Mootu
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 (2013)

Hi dear F30 community,

I've registered here because I'm a little desperate right now.

I bought a replacement head unit (display). It runs on Android and loops the signal of the normal radio. Therefore you can use Android and BMW NBT at the same time. I bought the device mainly for retrofitting Apple Car Play.

The radio is a harman hb b069.

I wanted to have the device installed in a garage first, but then I decided to install the device myself. I used this installation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?spm=a2...&v=p6qCfTQaKN4

Well, I got down to work. Step by step everything was fine. I then finally connected everything and checked the functionality before finally reinstalling everything. It all worked. Greats

But then there were problems with the space behind the radio unit. Everything just didn't fit from the place anymore. Then I tried to move everything a bit and press it to make it fit. You could still hear the radio unit humming a bit. So there was electricity on it.

Then it suddenly stopped and everything was dead. Means the radio unit and the display simply remained silent. Nothing works anymore. So suddenly there seems to be no more electricity on it.

Now I was fast at a garage and had the fuses checked quickly. They say that everything looks fine.

Now I stand here and nothing works anymore. The air conditioner display, the cigarette lighter etc. has electricity. Just the radio unit no longer.

I also rebuilt everything and connected the original screen. That didn't help either.

Now I wanted to test whether electricity comes at all over this thick black plug or whether I broke my radio unit. Probably I have been stupid not taken the whole thing from the battery.

But I also wonder if such a radio can break so fast.

I still have the hope that it is only a plug that has come loose.

But since I'm not a garage guy nor an electronics technician, I don't know what to do and hope that you can tell me what it is or who I can turn to.

I am really desperate.

Thank you!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 11:45 AM   #2783
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootu View Post
Now I was fast at a garage and had the fuses checked quickly. They say that everything looks fine.
There can also be a fuse on the radio unit, look where you connect the big black Quadlock connector. Also check that no pins are broken or bent.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 08:03 AM   #2784
Pondaire
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootu View Post
I still have the hope that it is only a plug that has come loose.
It's not the displays because the original doesn't work either.
I'd look at each and every connection. Buy a multimeter and probe every single pin that is supposed to supply power. Chances are you broke a pin, if the fuses are all good. Or you could have also shorted it and burnt something instead of the fuses.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 11:37 AM   #2785
bhe
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by irose50 View Post
Does anyone here use these screens for Android Auto using HU Reloaded?
I use a px6 in a e71...

It works but the built in mic doesn't work good and sometimes the autoconnect fails to.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 01:22 PM   #2786
tpaxadpom
Private
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhe View Post
I use a px6 in a e71...

It works but the built in mic doesn't work good and sometimes the autoconnect fails to.
Have you experimented with different DPI settings. Supposedly one can have map to fill the entire screen if DPI setting is set high enough.

BTW were you able to get it to work over USB?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 06:17 PM   #2787
machman767
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport+

bhe, sorry but I've just used one of your photos in my thread, Avin CarPlay, how do you get Waze to show on the nav tile with the music player, some "knowledgeable" person says it's not possible.....
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 03:37 AM   #2788
Stainy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435d Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaxadpom View Post
Have you experimented with different DPI settings. Supposedly one can have map to fill the entire screen if DPI setting is set high enough.

I use Headunit Reloaded sometimes and always over USB. 160 DPI seems to be the sweet-spot for properly filling the screen, though the icons look slightly stretched.

I paid for the apk in the hope they had more aspect ratio settings in the full version. No such luck, but they don't seem quite as bad in the full version. It's probably wishful thinking because I've paid
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 01:36 PM   #2789
bhe
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

This is over USB ... I tried wireless but didn't succeed with the new beta version, I forgot to mention but I'm paying for headunit reloaded and using the latest beta.
With the latest beta the dpi settings got easier, I played with resolution and dpi? I think this is 160 and 720p then you will get the music player and info screen and buttons to the left side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machman767 View Post
bhe, sorry but I've just used one of your photos in my thread, Avin CarPlay, how do you get Waze to show on the nav tile with the music player, some "knowledgeable" person says it's not possible.....
No problem. You don't get this default, you need to change the dpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainy View Post
I use Headunit Reloaded sometimes and always over USB. 160 DPI seems to be the sweet-spot for properly filling the screen, though the icons look slightly stretched.

I paid for the apk in the hope they had more aspect ratio settings in the full version. No such luck, but they don't seem quite as bad in the full version. It's probably wishful thinking because I've paid
I also paid.. and like the screen as it is now with the buttons left and extra info at the right side? The layout changed also a little bit in a recent android auto version. An other problem I have is that the sound isn't always switched when you start a sound app in android auto. I have to open the menu and go to apps or bluetooth audio so the "source" is switching from my fm radio to android auto.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 10:58 PM   #2790
tpaxadpom
Private
Rep

Quote:
This is over USB ... I tried wireless but didn't succeed with the new beta version, I forgot to mention but I'm paying for headunit reloaded and using the latest beta.
How do you get 4.6 beta 5 version. I have tried the trial from xdd thread and google play store, but it is only version 4.5, so wide screen is not supported yet. Asked the question about 4.6 trial in xda thread but no answer so far. I don't mind buying it if it works.

BTW couldn't get it to work with 2 phones but worked with the third phone... USB never worked, got it going over WiFi. Instructions are confusing...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 02:12 AM   #2791
bhe
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
How do you get 4.6 beta 5 version. I have tried the trial from xdd thread and google play store, but it is only version 4.5, so wide screen is not supported yet. Asked the question about 4.6 trial in xda thread but no answer so far. I don't mind buying it if it works.

BTW couldn't get it to work with 2 phones but worked with the third phone... USB never worked, got it going over WiFi. Instructions are confusing...
Wifi changed with the helper app in the beta..

To install the beta you need to install XDA labs first
https://labs.xda-developers.com/
See button at the top : Download labs
With that app you can pay and insall the full version / beta, you have to choose beta channel in the app
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 02:34 AM   #2792
irose50
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

An other problem I have is that the sound isn't always switched when you start a sound app in android auto. I have to open the menu and go to apps or bluetooth audio so the "source" is switching from my fm radio to android auto.
What I do is press the car's Media button(which switches it to Aux) then tap the screen to switch back to Android.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 02:43 AM   #2793
irose50
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Can you talk through what you did to get WiFi working?
Does it now connect seemlessly when you hit Navigation button?

I originally used USB route but too many prompts each time. Have played about with WiFi option but still not fully automated
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 10:00 AM   #2794
tpaxadpom
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by irose50 View Post
Can you talk through what you did to get WiFi working?
Does it now connect seemlessly when you hit Navigation button?

I originally used USB route but too many prompts each time. Have played about with WiFi option but still not fully automated
On the phone enable hotspot and start Android auto server then launch head unit reloaded on the head unit. This only work with my wife's phone but not with my phone or a spare phone. Once I try the full-screen version or should I say widescreen and if it works well I will try to automate it with the Tasker
Appreciate 0