F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor and Seller Review/Feedback Forum > ProTune @ Labworx, Cherry Hill NJ - Awesome!
ARMA SPEED

02-28-2018, 10:41 AM   #1
smuttana
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21' G80 M3 Comp

ProTune @ Labworx, Cherry Hill NJ - Awesome!

I had the oppurtunity of being able to get a ProTune on my 2013 F30 N20 328i X-Drive over at Labworx, located in Cherry Hill, NJ.
Initially, I had spoken over the phone with the Tuner - Kevin, who had addressed my concerns that the Tune would be reliable yet very noticeable in power gains.

Upon reaching the shop and walking in, I knew I came to the right place. Just before my eyes through the shop windows I could see/hear a Ferrari being dyno tuned, in addition to an SLS, 3 BMW M5's, R32 GTR, as well as a few other cars being worked on.

I was immediately greeted by someone in the waiting area (sorry can't remember your name), who immediately pulled the car in the shop, and I had spoke with Kevin and Igor, who is very knowledgeable regarding BMW's, as I also had an M Sport Steering Wheel required to be Installed.

As I completed some work in the quiet office area, Kevin and others provided me with routine updates and the status of the car, without needing to ask, and had completed all the work in a timely manner of approximately 3 hours, and I was pleased with how everything came out.

Now for the fun part, I left the shop and let the car warm up, and did a few quick pulls getting on and off the highway, as well as from a dead stop. Immediately I had a grin of satisfaction on my face, while having the feeling of being thrown back into the seat and seeing how quick I had acheieved speeds. The gains were around 60whp/tq, totalling to 320whp/tq.

Overall, I'd highly recommend anyone with the N20/N26 motor, or even the N55 etc, to give Labworx a call and speak with Kevin and the others. I previously owned the JB4(Which gave me issues), and then downgraded to the JB+ tune for ease of use, and can honnestly say there was a HUGE difference, and makes the car feel as if I had a 335i instead!

Special thanks to Kevin, Igor, and the whole Team over at Labworx!
Appreciate 4
Igor_M52127.50
smallba73.00
IK6SPEED4481.50
ceedawg466.00
      12-06-2018, 10:04 AM   #2
fate_f30
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Glacier Silver F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuttana View Post
I had the oppurtunity of being able to get a ProTune on my 2013 F30 N20 328i X-Drive over at Labworx, located in Cherry Hill, NJ.
Initially, I had spoken over the phone with the Tuner - Kevin, who had addressed my concerns that the Tune would be reliable yet very noticeable in power gains.

Upon reaching the shop and walking in, I knew I came to the right place. Just before my eyes through the shop windows I could see/hear a Ferrari being dyno tuned, in addition to an SLS, 3 BMW M5's, R32 GTR, as well as a few other cars being worked on.

I was immediately greeted by someone in the waiting area (sorry can't remember your name), who immediately pulled the car in the shop, and I had spoke with Kevin and Igor, who is very knowledgeable regarding BMW's, as I also had an M Sport Steering Wheel required to be Installed.

As I completed some work in the quiet office area, Kevin and others provided me with routine updates and the status of the car, without needing to ask, and had completed all the work in a timely manner of approximately 3 hours, and I was pleased with how everything came out.

Now for the fun part, I left the shop and let the car warm up, and did a few quick pulls getting on and off the highway, as well as from a dead stop. Immediately I had a grin of satisfaction on my face, while having the feeling of being thrown back into the seat and seeing how quick I had acheieved speeds. The gains were around 60whp/tq, totalling to 320whp/tq.

Overall, I'd highly recommend anyone with the N20/N26 motor, or even the N55 etc, to give Labworx a call and speak with Kevin and the others. I previously owned the JB4(Which gave me issues), and then downgraded to the JB+ tune for ease of use, and can honnestly say there was a HUGE difference, and makes the car feel as if I had a 335i instead!

Special thanks to Kevin, Igor, and the whole Team over at Labworx!
What platform? Bootmod3?
2014 GLACIER SILVER F30 328i * Wheels:18" VMR V801 Titanium Black Shadow * Springs: DINAN 1" Lowering Springs * Tune: BM3 OTS E30/93 OCT * Engine: Evolution Racewerks Catless DP/CP/FMIC * Intake: AWE S-Flo Carbon Fiber Intake * Exhaust: AWE Exhaust Suite + Mid Pipe * Go Fast Bits DV+ Diverter Valve * Plugs: NGK LI Plugs * Lights: Depo Angel Eyes W/ Morimoto HID's * Hood: Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 10:08 AM   #3
smuttana
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

fate_f30 - no it was fully custom, they benched the ECU

Last edited by smuttana; 12-12-2018 at 06:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 04:01 PM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fate_f30 View Post
What platform? Bootmod3?
Kevin can use BM3 as it gives flexibility to store different tunes.
Appreciate 1
smuttana280.50
      12-06-2018, 04:13 PM   #5
fate_f30
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Glacier Silver F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Kevin can use BM3 as it gives flexibility to store different tunes.

Good to know. I'm currently running BM3 in my F30 and plan on upgrading to a larger turbo. This may be the place I'll want to reach out to dial in my turbo once it's installed. Is he pricey?
2014 GLACIER SILVER F30 328i * Wheels:18" VMR V801 Titanium Black Shadow * Springs: DINAN 1" Lowering Springs * Tune: BM3 OTS E30/93 OCT * Engine: Evolution Racewerks Catless DP/CP/FMIC * Intake: AWE S-Flo Carbon Fiber Intake * Exhaust: AWE Exhaust Suite + Mid Pipe * Go Fast Bits DV+ Diverter Valve * Plugs: NGK LI Plugs * Lights: Depo Angel Eyes W/ Morimoto HID's * Hood: Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 09:44 AM   #6
zinner
Major
Rep
Drives: `17 X5 35d/`15 335i/`18 M550IX

Just something to consider. You mention they have several makes/models of high end cars at the shop. When looking for a shop I would look for one who just handles only BMWs. Maybe it's a huge shop and staff with the resources to cover German, Japanese cars? Doesn't mean they can't do a fine job when things go right but can they do a motor swap or rebuild when things go wrong ?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #7
smuttana
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
Just something to consider. You mention they have several makes/models of high end cars at the shop. When looking for a shop I would look for one who just handles only BMWs. Maybe it's a huge shop and staff with the resources to cover German, Japanese cars? Doesn't mean they can't do a fine job when things go right but can they do a motor swap or rebuild when things go wrong ?
They primarily specialize in BMW's and Mercedes, which are tuned by Kevin, in addition to many other high end vehicles as I was mentioning. Yes they are a large shop as well, and can do rebuilds, and pretty much anything you name it, so I consider them reliable, as do many others who take their vehicles in for work
Appreciate 1
zinner554.50
      12-12-2018, 04:49 PM   #8
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
The best tunes do NOT come from shops that do BMW exclusively.
Appreciate 1
smuttana280.50