F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > MPPSK worth it for me?
proTUNING Freaks

04-27-2021, 08:33 PM   #23
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by INROADRACR View Post
I got the MPPSK installed by my dealer a week ago. Loving it so far. I totally understand that there were cheaper options and that it's a high price for a few extra HP, but this was a safe option and the results were just as I expected. I don't think I've listened to the sound system since I picked up the car.

Now it's time for the LSD. Expensive path to a ZHP clone, but I don't care - I'll have this car for at least a decade.
Glad you like it. But remember in addition to the tune you got an excellent cat back exhaust that is integrated with the car and valves. There are a number of threads discussing the exhaust and it's quality. Plus the warranty. So for the cost you do get receive good stuff.
Appreciate 1
mholder23.50
      04-28-2021, 01:35 AM   #24
mholder
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i Black, mppsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by INROADRACR View Post
I got the MPPSK installed by my dealer a week ago. Loving it so far. I totally understand that there were cheaper options and that it's a high price for a few extra HP, but this was a safe option and the results were just as I expected. I don't think I've listened to the sound system since I picked up the car.

Now it's time for the LSD. Expensive path to a ZHP clone, but I don't care - I'll have this car for at least a decade.
I have a Black 2017 340i M sport and had the MPPSK, M Performance Brakes, M Performance Suspension, M Performance Limited Slip Differential and the Dinan Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake installed about 1-1/2 years ago. The car is flat out a beast. I have not timed or had it on a Dyno but I would estimate that with a good launch it does 0 to 60 mph in about 4.2 sec. The LSD has eliminated much of any previous wheel slip off the line and coupled with the suspension the car handles like a bonafide sports car like a porsche 911. I also got rid of the OEM Bridgestone s001 run flat tires and replaced them with Michelin ps4s non run flats that out perform any tire on dry and wet pavement that I have ever experienced. And of course for asthetics and a little aero assist I have the carbon fiber mirror caps, exhaust tips, rear deck spoiler and the M Performance Rear Diffuser (non carbon).

Last edited by mholder; 04-28-2021 at 01:42 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2021, 01:44 AM   #25
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecph View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner340 View Post
Quote:
How much did it cost you? Was it same as from online search?
Back in 4/2020 It was a little cheaper from an online BMW dealer in Cali and was price matched by GetBMWParts

Part Number Part Name Price Quantity Total
11-12-2-444-531 F3x 340i, 440i M Performance Power & Sound Kit $2,646.15 1 $2,646.15
18-30-2-354-364 Stainless Steel Exhaust Finisher $71.04 2 $142.08

Subtotal: $2,788.23
Handling: $2.95
Total: $2,791.18 + Shipping

Another $500 for install and tune at the dealer I bought the car from in New England.

Cosmetics: I replaced the Stainless Exhaust Finishers (for Sale like new if anyone is interested for $100 shipped in Cont USA) a few months later with the OEM Carbon Fiber Finishers and also bought the M Performance Engine Cover (OEM on M240i) to replace the Twin Power Turbo cover.
Ohh nice, seems like fair price. I wonder if dealer would install the mppsk if not bought from them :/
And just wondering what you did with the stock one?
I did not want the exhaust and let the dealer deal with it.
Hmm? I thought mppsk needs to be tuned by bmw? Lol
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 06:17 AM   #26
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner340 View Post
Quote:
How much did it cost you? Was it same as from online search?
Back in 4/2020 It was a little cheaper from an online BMW dealer in Cali and was price matched by GetBMWParts

Part Number Part Name Price Quantity Total
11-12-2-444-531 F3x 340i, 440i M Performance Power & Sound Kit $2,646.15 1 $2,646.15
18-30-2-354-364 Stainless Steel Exhaust Finisher $71.04 2 $142.08

Subtotal: $2,788.23
Handling: $2.95
Total: $2,791.18 + Shipping

Another $500 for install and tune at the dealer I bought the car from in New England.

Cosmetics: I replaced the Stainless Exhaust Finishers (for Sale like new if anyone is interested for $100 shipped in Cont USA) a few months later with the OEM Carbon Fiber Finishers and also bought the M Performance Engine Cover (OEM on M240i) to replace the Twin Power Turbo cover.
Ohh nice, seems like fair price. I wonder if dealer would install the mppsk if not bought from them :/
And just wondering what you did with the stock one?
I did not want the exhaust and let the dealer deal with it.
Hmm? I thought mppsk needs to be tuned by bmw? Lol
For clarity for me. I purchased the mppsk through the dealer and had it installed by the dealer (along with the tune of course). I just did not want to deal with the oem exhaust, so I had the dealer take care of it after the mppsk was installed.

My understanding is the dealer needs to do the install, not sure how they deal with or would deal with a kit purchased outside of the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 08:35 AM   #27
Londoner
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i msport+ MPPSK

MPPSK & LSD = joyous. And the real world BHP increase seems to be more like 370 - 375, not the 355 stated by BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 08:44 AM   #28
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
MPPSK & LSD = joyous. And the real world BHP increase seems to be more like 370 - 375, not the 355 stated by BMW.
Good to know, all I know is the butt dyno says yes sir that is most definitely better.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 06:19 PM   #29
alistairk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i MSport, 6MT

Quote:
I was considering the MPPSK too, did a little research it's around 3600$ USD too with the install and tune. Personally I think going for sound or more hp, there are more options out there that costs significantly less.

"BMW claims a 35hp and 39lb-ft power increase over the standard B58, increasing power to 355hp and 369lb-ft of torque.

Prices vary depending on whether you have a 2-series, 3-series, 4 or 5-series 40i BMW.

Looking specifically at the 340i, the MPPSK package can be purchased directly from BMW for $2,950. Because the exhaust can be purchased by BMW for $1,700, the cost of the tune is approx. $1,250. Here is a breakdown of what you are looking at total cost after install:

MPPSK Exhaust System: $1,700
MPPSK Tune: $1,250
Dealership Install: $400 (we've seen quotes from $300-$500+)
Total Cost: $3,350
Est. Taxes: $250
All-in MPPSK Cost: $3,600

Pros
37whp and 45lb-ft. tq increases to the wheels
Maintains factory warranty & extended warranty
Sounds great without being too loud
Cons
At $3,600 or $97.30 per 1whp, it is extremely expensive
You're paying $1,700 for the exhaust system which barely adds power"

https://bmwtuning.co/bmw-mppsk/
I was not aware you could get the MPPSK exhaust for the F30 B58 separate from the tune. The MPE offered for the F30 B58 is just an axle-back while the one included with the MPPSK is a full exhaust system, so that's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 08:05 PM   #30
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairk View Post
Quote:
I was considering the MPPSK too, did a little research it's around 3600$ USD too with the install and tune. Personally I think going for sound or more hp, there are more options out there that costs significantly less.

"BMW claims a 35hp and 39lb-ft power increase over the standard B58, increasing power to 355hp and 369lb-ft of torque.

Prices vary depending on whether you have a 2-series, 3-series, 4 or 5-series 40i BMW.

Looking specifically at the 340i, the MPPSK package can be purchased directly from BMW for $2,950. Because the exhaust can be purchased by BMW for $1,700, the cost of the tune is approx. $1,250. Here is a breakdown of what you are looking at total cost after install:

Pros
Cons

I was not aware you could get the MPPSK exhaust for the F30 B58 separate from the tune. The MPE offered for the F30 B58 is just an axle-back while the one included with the MPPSK is a full exhaust system, so that's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison.
I don't think MPPSK is meant for older model F30?

"The MPPK/MPE are for the 335s and 435s and the MPPSK is the 340s and 440s and I don't believe they will work except on the models listed above. Similar restrictions for the I4. You don't say which car you have, but I don't believe you have a choice of which one to get. You will need to get the one which was made for your year/model (unless you want to do a bunch of modification to your car)."
Quoted from one of the posts asking MPE and MPPSK
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 09:15 PM   #31
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pros
Cons

"The MPPK/MPE are for the 335s and 435s and the MPPSK is the 340s and 440s and I don't believe they will work except on the models listed above. Similar restrictions for the I4. You don't say which car you have, but I don't believe you have a choice of which one to get. You will need to get the one which was made for your year/model (unless you want to do a bunch of modification to your car)."
I believe you are correct that the mppsk is for the b58 F30s. It is a great exhaust and tune, at least it has been for me on my 340.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 09:26 PM   #32
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pros
Cons

I believe you are correct that the mppsk is for the b58 F30s. It is a great exhaust and tune, at least it has been for me on my 340.
It's so tempting until I saw how big that package is LOL and what the hell im gonna do with the stock since I have no where to store in an apartment complex
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 09:30 AM   #33
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pros
Cons

It's so tempting until I saw how big that package is LOL and what the hell im gonna do with the stock since I have no where to store in an apartment complex
For me, I ordered it through the dealer after getting a good deal and after installing it, I had them keep the oem exhaust. Thus I avoided the issues you noted. For better or worse this is how I handled it.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 10:50 PM   #34
Rox335i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 14' 335i, 17' X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstorilF30B58 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG KLR View Post
I think I already answered this in your old post. JB+ and midpipe / resonator delete would do the same as MPPSK with slightly less sound for 2500$ less. You need to research more otherwise you wouldn't be asking the same questions again. Trust me and take your time before you jump the gun on this platform, there mis much information to be had
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG KLR View Post
I think I already answered this in your old post. JB+ and midpipe / resonator delete would do the same as MPPSK with slightly less sound for 2500$ less. You need to research more otherwise you wouldn't be asking the same questions again. Trust me and take your time before you jump the gun on this platform, there mis much information to be had

Hmm okay. I would be worried to get something that would void my warranty. Thank you for the advice, didn't see your comment on my last post!
Just remove JB+ when you bring car in for service. I had one for my f30 (lease then buyout, wasn't sure if I was going to keep it). Piggybacks are much more safe than a flash tune.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 09:46 AM   #35
ringo9
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition DCT

If I may ask, how does the MPPSK exhaust system differ from the stock one on a B58 340/440i? Both systems are valved correct? I guess the MPPSK has louder mufflers/resonators?

I have heard the MPPSK and it sounds amazing and would definitely like to have it on my next car, however only a fraction of the cars on sale near me feature the MPPSK. I don't mind losing the extra bhp as it will be getting a full tune anyway but trying to realize what are the differences between MPPSK vs stock exhaust and what is needed/if it is possible to easily retro-fit it on a car that doesn't come with it.

In other words, if, to get the MPPSK sound that I've heard, I should limit my criteria to only MPPSK-equipped cars or, to pull the trigger on any car that matches my rest "must-have" options and retro-fit it.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 12:59 PM   #36
Alvin Mpower
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo9 View Post
If I may ask, how does the MPPSK exhaust system differ from the stock one on a B58 340/440i? Both systems are valved correct? I guess the MPPSK has louder mufflers/resonators?

I have heard the MPPSK and it sounds amazing and would definitely like to have it on my next car, however only a fraction of the cars on sale near me feature the MPPSK. I don't mind losing the extra bhp as it will be getting a full tune anyway but trying to realize what are the differences between MPPSK vs stock exhaust and what is needed/if it is possible to easily retro-fit it on a car that doesn't come with it.

In other words, if, to get the MPPSK sound that I've heard, I should limit my criteria to only MPPSK-equipped cars or, to pull the trigger on any car that matches my rest "must-have" options and retro-fit it.
MPPSK is way different, OEM mid pipe have a resonator and a muffler on it, MPPSK mid pipe is straight piped. Muffler is MPE with valve which is definately needed, it gets really loud at cold start. Alternative option is to go with with BM3/MHD/MG Flasher and get Dinan or AWE midpipe and another axle-back exhaust. JB4 or other piggyback is not as reliable and consistent as a flash tune, flash tune is way safer and have better reliable and power delivery.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 02:18 PM   #37
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo9 View Post

Remember the mppsk as a system is a full cat back exhaust with a bmw approved and warrantied mild stage 1 or stage 1 like tune. The exhaust, as far as I can tell, is of excellent quality and a number of threads and members on this forum have commented on the quality. It seamlessly integrates with the comfort, sport/sport + buttons. The tune is also approved by bmw. I bought mine one year into ownership and wanted my warranty intact. For some this may not matter. My 340 is a daily driver and the mppsk was the perfect addition for me. As others have commented that may not always be the case. Anyway, these are just my feelings and why I remain very happy with the mppsk purchase. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2021, 10:50 AM   #38
ringo9
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrizenashisland View Post
MPPSK is way different, OEM mid pipe have a resonator and a muffler on it, MPPSK mid pipe is straight piped. Muffler is MPE with valve which is definately needed, it gets really loud at cold start. Alternative option is to go with with BM3/MHD/MG Flasher and get Dinan or AWE midpipe and another axle-back exhaust. JB4 or other piggyback is not as reliable and consistent as a flash tune, flash tune is way safer and have better reliable and power delivery.
Quote:
Remember the mppsk as a system is a full cat back exhaust with a bmw approved and warrantied mild stage 1 or stage 1 like tune. The exhaust, as far as I can tell, is of excellent quality and a number of threads and members on this forum have commented on the quality. It seamlessly integrates with the comfort, sport/sport + buttons. The tune is also approved by bmw. I bought mine one year into ownership and wanted my warranty intact. For some this may not matter. My 340 is a daily driver and the mppsk was the perfect addition for me. As others have commented that may not always be the case. Anyway, these are just my feelings and why I remain very happy with the mppsk purchase. Hope that helps.
Cheers, appreciated the replies. One thing I'm trying to figure out is since the car will definitely get a stage 1 tune (either MHD or BM3), whether MPPSK and a MHD/BM3 tune will make the exhaust even louder which is something I wouldn't like. MPPSK sound is really at the limit of what would be tolerable, but I do like it, especially since it's an on-demand system, apart from cold starting which I guess is always loud? Or it can be set so as to start in Comfort mode?
Appreciate 0