F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
GetBMWParts

09-25-2020, 12:39 AM   #4841
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisu0728 View Post
Hi All, First of all, I am grateful for those people who speed a lot of time and effort to make the MMI works better.
Recently, my carlinkit unite start acting weird. Specifically with android auto and I am running v2.0.B0.mod.
  • Wire AA connection disconnect and reconnect randomly while charging still continue.
  • The blue cursor disappeared now no matter it's wire AA or wireless.(I can still scroll and select). Restart the unit doesn't help. Wipe AA cache doesn't fix it.
  • AA UI looks pixelated no matter it's wire connection or wireless connection especially in white background. Sometimes it get worse, sometimes it get better.(see attached pic)
Anyone has the same problem or any idea how to fix it? I will try to reflash the firmware at weekend. Thanks in advance.
Try deleting both cache and data from the AA, Google Play Services, and Google apps and pair the phone from scratch.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 01:16 AM   #4842
SilencerNL
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Hey guys,

Just got my Andream unit. I ordered the A, but received the B unit with version B_1.0.3. Android auto is still streched with this version on my 8.8inch screen.

I tried to install both B_1.0.4 and B_1.0.4_2 (which should have correct AA widescreen fix), but after a minute of 'updating', it shows me the message "Burning failed", and starts the update again, looping. After a reset, it returns to original firmware (1.0.3)

Anyone know why this is happening? Why cant the unit be updated?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 02:33 AM   #4843
Frrr
Rep
Drives: BMW 420D

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennids View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrr View Post
Are you using a Xiaomi with MIUI layer?. That is my case, and there is no way to solve the problem.

Regards
Mine works wirelessly with MIUI 10. You need to go into wifi preferences and turn on wlan assistant. Or just delete the MMI wifi network from the list and the next time it connects choose to keep mobile data on.
]
Quote:
Are you using a Xiaomi with MIUI layer?. That is my case, and there is no way to solve the problem.

Regards
Thanks for the response, my Mi Mix 2s has MIUI 12, and I have tried everything wirhout any success.

Regards
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 02:38 AM   #4844
liam77
Private
Rep
Drives: Mini F55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilencerNL View Post
Just got my Andream unit. I ordered the A, but received the B unit with version B_1.0.3. Android auto is still streched with this version on my 8.8inch screen.
Did you order from the Andream store on Aliexpress? If so just send them a message with a photo of your AA stretched screen and the version info. They should be able to send you the right update file.

I haven't noticed anyone else with a 2.0.3 version here yet.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 03:02 AM   #4845
contracts34
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series F33

Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto

Anyone having any issue with Whatsapp within Carplay since the ios 14.0 update?

Mine just says "Something went wrong". I have updated the app and just done the ios 14.0.1 update. Only difference now is that it tries to function but when I send the message it says "There was a problem with the app", but I find from my phone that the message was actually sent!!

All was working okay before the ios update

I have the iPhone XR
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 04:26 AM   #4846
Eddamoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 430dX

Quote:
]
Thanks for the response, my Mi Mix 2s has MIUI 12, and I have tried everything wirhout any success.

Regards
I have a Mix3 with Miui12 also from Xiaomi.eu. Still shows the mobile data prompt provided your home WiFi isn't visible. I reported it on their forum but it's a core miui bug. Instead I just plug in a cable and that works just fine.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 05:57 AM   #4847
Frrr
Rep
Drives: BMW 420D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddamoo View Post
Quote:
]

Regards
I have a Mix3 with Miui12 also from Xiaomi.eu. Still shows the mobile data prompt provided your home WiFi isn't visible. I reported it on their forum but it's a core miui bug. Instead I just plug in a cable and that works just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddamoo View Post
Quote:
]

Regards
Yes, that is what I have read. And my phone is not included in the upgrade list to the next Android versión, so I gess the problem won't be solved...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 06:19 AM   #4848
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by elus1ve View Post
Because Andream was not shipping to where I am (Canada) - I had to look for another vendor and got a similar device from :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...6ac54c4dJioU7k

It looks similar and seems to do exactly the same thing as the other units listed in this post. Unfortunately it seems to be running a different version of the software compared to anything listed in the original post.

I tried all the software update codes to try to figure out which brand this is but no luck. I did it without a usb key plugged in; not sure if that makes a difference if i just want to validate the code.

CUST version: v2.1.0.8.rj.b
MCU: 20.6.2.0

What's the trick to get the update code?
That is a new sw version on me.

Ask the seller for an update and they should provide you the pin code at the same time then.

Out of interest what does the menu / settings screens look like ?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 08:15 AM   #4849
etnsandman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomenter View Post
I just installed the RoadTop unit to my F10. It works ok except one issue. When I use Android auto via wireless/bluetooth, it connects to the wifi which disables my mobile data, so I have no internet connection. What is the fix for this?
I fixed this by setting the WiFi connection to the cars ssid to a metered data connection, that way it uses the unmetered cellular data.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 08:25 AM   #4850
Tap82
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorJump View Post
I'm seeing the same thing (iPhone X iOS14).

Cuts in music. Never an issue pre ios14. Sounds a lot like signal drops. I wonder if people with factory fitted CarPlay kit are seeing them same thing post ios14 release
I have just upgraded my Andream firmware and MCU, and that solved the freezing, black screen issues on iOS14. I used the latest firmware and MCU that is on the first page on this forum. I have CIC.

Firmware v2.1.0.9.gpe.c
MCU 20.6.18.15
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 08:45 AM   #4851
mahyarv14
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahyarv14 View Post
I had my id4 updated to id6 on my 2016 F82 by a member on this forum but now I need Android Auto and want to install this MMI box. Does anyone know if it will work or not? Anyone tried it on NBT EVO that was upgraded to ID6?
Anyone? Much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:29 AM   #4852
elus1ve
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i xDrive Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
That is a new sw version on me.

Ask the seller for an update and they should provide you the pin code at the same time then.

Out of interest what does the menu / settings screens look like ?
I asked the seller and waiting on an answer.

The menu looks exactly like the default Andream one. white icons on black bg.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:40 AM   #4853
Af32
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Af32 View Post
I searched through the forum and don't think I found an answer.

Just installed the andrem unit and I don't think my sub woofers have any sound output.

I adjusted the eq and found the best setting online but it sounds very flat and can't seem to get any sub woofer involvement.

Anyone else have this issue.
I transfered over both fiber optic cables.
No one else has noticed the same issue?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 10:40 AM   #4854
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Nope because if you are getting sound from your other speakers then the subs should be working as well. The unit does not push dedicated sound to woofers your amp does. SO it doesnt make sense. Keep playing around with BW's tone option and not the MMI.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 11:27 AM   #4855
Af32
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
Quote:
Nope because if you are getting sound from your other speakers then the subs should be working as well. The unit does not push dedicated sound to woofers your amp does. SO it doesnt make sense. Keep playing around with BW's tone option and not the MMI.
That's honestly what I thought.

I playedusic through the radio on the HU to confirm it wasn't an HU issue but through that I confirmed that the subwoofers are working. When I switch back to the mmi the subs don't play anything.

I reached out to andream and this was there response:

"I confirmed with our engineer that since your subwoofer is directly connected to the original car system, it does not pass through our system, so it cannot be used."

Not sure if they mean it shouldn't be an issue with their box or that it just doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 02:59 PM   #4856
vennids
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 5

Quote:
That's honestly what I thought.

I playedusic through the radio on the HU to confirm it wasn't an HU issue but through that I confirmed that the subwoofers are working. When I switch back to the mmi the subs don't play anything.

I reached out to andream and this was there response:

"I confirmed with our engineer that since your subwoofer is directly connected to the original car system, it does not pass through our system, so it cannot be used."

Not sure if they mean it shouldn't be an issue with their box or that it just doesn't work.
Make sure your EQ settings aren't cutting the subs out for the AUX source

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahyarv14 View Post
Anyone? Much appreciated
You need to ask the sellers for compatibility.
Appreciate 1
Af320.00
      09-25-2020, 06:46 PM   #4857
Kyokushin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32 428i, F32 420i

Guys, the sound is going to AUX input, and the car system is taking care of the rest.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:34 PM   #4858
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Not sure if the amp that controls the under seat woofers has a fuse. Did you power down before installing and accidentally reconnect while powered on?

Have you tried to reinstall to factory method and see if the subs turn back on? That would isolate it to either the harness adapter or unit.
Appreciate 1
Af320.00
      09-26-2020, 12:19 AM   #4859
Af32
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Not sure if the amp that controls the under seat woofers has a fuse. Did you power down before installing and accidentally reconnect while powered on?

Have you tried to reinstall to factory method and see if the subs turn back on? That would isolate it to either the harness adapter or unit.
Thanks for the suggestions. So the subs work when I play music through Bluetooth or the radio on the original unit but no sub output when I play through the andream unit. I maxed the lower frequencies on the eq and still nothing the bass from the other speakers increases but I checked and don't get any sound from the woofer.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 01:13 AM   #4860
kevinnguyen5128
Rep
Drives: Bmw 535i M Sport

Can I install Andream software on bimmertech mmi unit? Because I heard it will fix black screen issues on iOS 14 CarPlay
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 03:25 AM   #4861
Lolo_14
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinnguyen5128 View Post
Can I install Andream software on bimmertech mmi unit? Because I heard it will fix black screen issues on iOS 14 CarPlay
Where did you heard about that ? As far as could read Andream unit have the same issue and no fix yet.
On my side I will stay on IOS 13 (I always wait a few months before upgrading to a major update release) but even with it I see the issue from time to time (only when connected via WiFi)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 04:24 AM   #4862
sass24
Rep
Drives: BMW 535

Better i use car's BT (if exists) for sound, not AUX. Then calls are also routed via car.
Appreciate 0