F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons > CTS or ER Chargepipe for the F30 N55 xDrive
proTUNING Freaks

10-16-2019, 12:04 PM   #1
sjcpilot
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
CTS or ER Chargepipe for the F30 N55 xDrive

Looking for a CTS or ER Chargepipe for the F30 N55 xDrive fitment. I have a VRSF at the moment but it is giving me too many headaches with boost leaks that I am just done with it.

Anyone out there selling a CTS or ER charge pipe? Lemme know
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 11:16 AM   #2
sjcpilot
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Still lookin
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 11:47 AM   #3
sjcpilot
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 05:58 PM   #4
Tpriest7893
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i f30 N55 ( sold)

Garage List
  [0.00]
2012 bmw 335  [0.00]
02 2002 m3 Vert  [0.00]
Did you check all your clamps and clips?
Stock intake(had open before and was sick of noise)
BMS CP
550i 351m rims with 275/245 set up.
No tune as of yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 06:42 PM   #5
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcpilot View Post
Looking for a CTS or ER Chargepipe for the F30 N55 xDrive fitment. I have a VRSF at the moment but it is giving me too many headaches with boost leaks that I am just done with it.

Anyone out there selling a CTS or ER charge pipe? Lemme know
Did you make sure that the o-rings at the two connections to the intercooler are installed in the correct direct, otherwise you will get air leaks. See attached diagram.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-13-2019, 08:36 AM   #6
Alpine-F80
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Yeah was gonna say I wouldn't count on the VRSF CP being the issue with the leaks, they all pretty much use the same design. Have you contacted VRSF to see if you have an old version before they revised the X-drive?

My bet is one of these is the culprit:
1. The rubber elbow is being clamped before/on the lip preventing a nice seal, or just not tightened enough
2. O-ring at CP>IC is backwards, missing, old or pinched
3. O-ring at TB is missing
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 02:49 PM   #7
sjcpilot
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine_F30 View Post
Yeah was gonna say I wouldn't count on the VRSF CP being the issue with the leaks, they all pretty much use the same design. Have you contacted VRSF to see if you have an old version before they revised the X-drive?

1. The rubber elbow is being clamped before/on the lip preventing a nice seal, or just not tightened enough
I appreciate the help and advice. All was checked and it does not leak from the O-ring at the TB nor the IC side after doing a DIY boost pressure test. It is leaking from the bung thread, even after replacing the screw and adding Teflon tape. It also sounds like a major leak is coming from the charge pipe near the steering knuckle, which is either the silicone connector isn't tight enough or a hole has formed in the charge pipe itself as it rubs against my steering knuckle when making right turns, maybe it has rubbed through enough to make a hole.

This pipe has been nothing but a headache, and it is obviously poorly designed and does not fit right for the xDrive. Hence why I am looking for a CTS or ER charge pipe to just replace this one with. I am tempted to just spend the $220 on the CTS and be done.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2019, 07:45 AM   #8
Alpine-F80
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Quote:

I appreciate the help and advice. All was checked and it does not leak from the O-ring at the TB nor the IC side after doing a DIY boost pressure test. It is leaking from the bung thread, even after replacing the screw and adding Teflon tape. It also sounds like a major leak is coming from the charge pipe near the steering knuckle, which is either the silicone connector isn't tight enough or a hole has formed in the charge pipe itself as it rubs against my steering knuckle when making right turns, maybe it has rubbed through enough to make a hole.

This pipe has been nothing but a headache, and it is obviously poorly designed and does not fit right for the xDrive. Hence why I am looking for a CTS or ER charge pipe to just replace this one with. I am tempted to just spend the $220 on the CTS and be done.
Dang gotcha, yeah it sounds like you may have the older VRSF X-Drive version, I guess they revised it after others we're having this problem...I'd bet they'll help you out if you reach out and prove you've got the older defective X-Drive one but I can also understand why you'd want to avoid them after this good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 10:50 AM   #9
sjcpilot
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Dang gotcha, yeah it sounds like you may have the older VRSF X-Drive version, I guess they revised it after others we're having this problem...I'd bet they'll help you out if you reach out and prove you've got the older defective X-Drive one but I can also understand why you'd want to avoid them after this good luck!
Thanks, I appreciate it. I contacted VRSF and they would be willing to help if I had an order number, which I don't as this was purchased and installed by the previous owner, whom I purchased the car from.

So CTS it is!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 11:24 AM   #10
accs
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate it. I contacted VRSF and they would be willing to help if I had an order number, which I don't as this was purchased and installed by the previous owner, whom I purchased the car from.

So CTS it is!
If you can wait CTS runs a sale. They'll likely have one for black Friday.

Correction:they are currently on sale.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 04:33 PM   #11
Tpriest7893
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i f30 N55 ( sold)

Garage List
  [0.00]
2012 bmw 335  [0.00]
02 2002 m3 Vert  [0.00]
This might not help I recently put a BMS charge pipe on my 335. Did the install myself. Everything was good felt some rubbing on the steering rack so I reached down and moved the clamps and then did some test pulls and the damm pipe came out of the silicon housing just barely. Like the bottom of the pipe came out and if you looked you wouldn't see it. I reached down and felt the rubber piece and my car just wasn't running right so I had to fix that and car is good now
Stock intake(had open before and was sick of noise)
BMS CP
550i 351m rims with 275/245 set up.
No tune as of yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 04:46 PM   #12
sjcpilot
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyonC View Post
Quote:

So CTS it is!
If you can wait CTS runs a sale. They'll likely have one for black Friday.

Correction:they are currently on sale.
Thanks. I purchased one!
Appreciate 0