F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Severe door rattle when any level of bass hits!
GetBMWParts

12-28-2016, 12:08 PM   #1
tzlopez13
Ya Boi
Rep
Drives: "Rising Sun" F30 335i

Smile Severe door rattle when any level of bass hits!

Help!

Recently my door has developed a rattle that has become so horrible that it is now impossible to listen to my music without sacrificing my left ear (where the rattle is coming from).

From those who may know me, I installed a new exhaust a few days ago. But just so you know, this problem started way before I even considered a new exhaust.

So, it has gotten to the point where even if the car audio volume is turned down so low you can barely hear the music, the rattle is still prominent from inside of the driver's side door.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Tyler
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 02:37 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

It would help to know what you're driving and the sound system. Rattles with full range speakers in doors are common, but if you have under seat subs then there shouldn't be any bass content going to the door speakers that could cause a rattle in the door.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 03:41 AM   #3
GeertB
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran coupé

You can pull the door panel off and see what's wrong. Just YouTube "bavsound f36" and you will find an install video of bavsound speakers where they explain how the remove your door panels.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 01:51 PM   #4
k5fury
Rep
Drives: 2013 Active Hybrid 3

Garage List
Check your door lock pillars. I had a rattle in my front passenger door that I noticed with either music or rough roads.

The door lock pillar was loose and rattling within the housing. I had the dealer tighten during one of my maintenance stops.
Appreciate 0