F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
GetBMWParts

01-18-2020, 10:40 AM   #2839
marius.deaconu1981@gmail.
Registered
Rep
Drives: love bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronixGT View Post
I installed one today and i'm still trying to get it set up right.

The biggest problem I have so far is that the screen size is screwed up in factory mode and also in factory mode 1/2 the screen is taken up by an android dashboard screen that I cant seem to get rid of.

A) Does anyone know how to get rid of the overlaid screen?

B) Does anyone know how to adjust aspect ratio so the factory fits right?
Can you tell me what screen do you have it befor androi 6.5 or 8.8inches
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 05:16 PM   #2840
haxx94
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike78 View Post
OK, so, the box needs also reverse trigger connection, correct?
I think that the box needs only the two video signals coming from the two cameras. Then, when you put in reverse gear, the rear camera gets powered and the box switch to the rear camera because you can set the box to have a priority input (in this case the rear camera).
Then, when you put the first gear, the rear camera turns off, so the box switches to the front camera, which is powered by the 12v cigarette lighter current.

I also want to buy a front camera and this box, I have a manual gearbox without front PDC, but I don't know the parameters to code with esys, because now, when I put to first gear after reverse, the PDC interface closes as soon as I move forward.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 02:26 AM   #2841
alex1991
Private
Rep
Drives: E84 2011

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1991 View Post
when the box detects that there is no more signal from the reverse camera (trigger), when you put your car in 1st gear the it switches to front camera
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1991 View Post
when the box detects that there is no more signal from the reverse camera (trigger), when you put your car in 1st gear the it switches to front camera
Yes, but every reversing camera has trigger wire
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 02:46 AM   #2842
phatsua
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

I have just installed my PX3 HU and when I switch tot he regular CCC Menu I get the NO SIGNAL screen, however after changing the settings back and forward (NTSC to PAL), I can barely see the CCC Menu but it fades and I get this moving lines... what is this about, any ideas?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 08:05 AM   #2843
fullrespect
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Sorry to burst your bubble, but mine did the same thing now and then till it broke down for good (a few months later). Now it won't even start anymore, just artifacts or black screen.

It seems that the CPU has died and I need a new PX3 board. Maybe reballing will get it fixed, but from previous experiences, it would be a miracle to last more than 3 months.

Can anybody help me with a spare PX3 2GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Android 7.1.1 board? Also, an upgrade to PX6 would be nice. Thanks.

L.E. Here's an old video with my faulty, but still functioning HU (to some degree): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B9O...zUJr5n_wh/view

Now it's completely dead.

Last edited by fullrespect; 02-06-2020 at 08:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 09:39 AM   #2844
phatsua
Romania
Rep

My error is different. The android part works flawless, it's only when I switch to CCC that I get the no signal screen, and if I stop the MCU from system settings, then I get this static for the CCC instead of the No Signal. If I switch back to android, everything works. I will make a video
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 12:50 PM   #2845
Keliuss
Rep
Drives: E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatsua View Post
My error is different. The android part works flawless, it's only when I switch to CCC that I get the no signal screen, and if I stop the MCU from system settings, then I get this static for the CCC instead of the No Signal. If I switch back to android, everything works. I will make a video
If you have just installed it then with a bit of luck it's only a bad connection on one of the cables, likely the LVDS.

Keliuss
      02-07-2020, 02:51 AM   #2846
phatsua
Romania
Rep

the service guy did not connect the ground cable for the LVDS so I think I will get some pry tools and do it myself.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 10:24 AM   #2847
TheRoss
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 320xD 135 KW 10/2014

can anyone point me to the latest updated compatible MCU, Android and factory xml-file? My PX3 Unit is crashing some times and I hope this gets solved with an update. Here's a pic of the settings:

Thank you VERY much!!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 02:13 PM   #2848
smahel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper, 2020 X1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoss View Post
can anyone point me to the latest updated compatible MCU, Android and factory xml-file? My PX3 Unit is crashing some times and I hope this gets solved with an update. Here's a pic of the settings:

Thank you VERY much!!
https://github.com/chinesebmwheadunits/mcu
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 04:31 PM   #2849
Berlu19
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 318D 2013

Someone can help me with the newest update for the MCU or Android? I will really appreciate
https://ibb.co/QXK92h1
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 04:41 PM   #2850
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlu19 View Post

Someone can help me with the newest update for the MCU or Android? I will really appreciate
https://ibb.co/QXK92h1
Servas

Latest Update for Android 8.1 PX6 Units is available here.

Unfortunateley ALS MCU`s are not very common, i know no update there, maybe your seller can help you there.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 04:53 PM   #2851
TheRoss
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 320xD 135 KW 10/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahel View Post
TOP!
Thanks a lot.
I upgraded the MCU.
I also got a PC3-Image from somewhere, but not sure if it's the latest one.
Do you guys have any Android 7.1.2 image laying around? Is it worth the update to a newer one?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 05:30 PM   #2852
Keliuss
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoss View Post
TOP!
Thanks a lot.
I upgraded the MCU.
I also got a PC3-Image from somewhere, but not sure if it's the latest one.
Do you guys have any Android 7.1.2 image laying around? Is it worth the update to a newer one?
There's nothing new in later images. I wouldn't bother unless you're having problems.

Keliuss
      02-12-2020, 02:51 PM   #2853
inku79
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Question newcomer to android head unit

Hi everybody!

Have some issues i'm hoping to get help with.
Anyone been able to change the phone/calling app? Would like to get contact sync and also the preinstalled one is just buggy and ugly.
Also my idrive or steering wheel buttons don't work for 15 minutes from when I start the car. After that everything fine again.
And lastly i'm unable to change the brightness om my device. Seems to be on max all the time that bothers the driving when its dark.
With these in mind i would like to update my device and hope the issues get resolved or load a custom rom, Malaysk for example but cannot figure out MTC version (B/D) i have and what roms are compatible. Would like not brick it .
My MCUVer is: 415144bLZH-CCC-HW8_180921 [B1280_170325]
Framework: px3-userdebug 7.1.1 NMF26X
From this i'm starting to thing that I nether have MTCB or MTCD but some other kind and custom rom is not an option. These forums have a link to the github where there is an MCU file for my exact unit but that one has an older date 180907 then the one I already have installed.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 03:17 PM   #2854
phatsua
Romania
Rep

Guys, what vendor is LHZ? Does anybody know?
@inku79 could you please send me your MCU, I would like to try in on my unit. Also if you have 2GB Ram, you have the MTCD unit.
Also I have found a new PX3 image with ID7 skin, picture bellow. http://s.go.ro/xri1tbsl
Attached Images

Last edited by phatsua; 02-19-2020 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2020, 04:53 PM   #2855
Keliuss
Rep

Quote:
@inku79 could you please send me your MCU, I would like to try in on my unit. Also if you have 2GB Ram, you have the MTCD unit.
Also I have found a new PX3 image with ID7 skin, picture bellow. http://s.go.ro/xri1tbsl
Thanks for sharing. Where did you get this image from? Did it come from a vendor or is it a DIY by an owner? Have you tested it?

Keliuss
      02-22-2020, 01:58 AM   #2856
phatsua
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keliuss View Post
Thanks for sharing. Where did you get this image from? Did it come from a vendor or is it a DIY by an owner? Have you tested it?

Keliuss
from the Russian BMW club, I installed it, picture is from my car. Works normal I think. Still early in the Head Unit game and just testing stuff.
I want to buy a CarPlay adapter as I find the interface better than android tho.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 04:43 AM   #2857
inku79
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have a 2GB unit. Have got the system working somewhat after resetting android. Now the Bluetooth connection is working but the quality is just crap.
Also the idrive and steering wheel buttons sometimes work and sometimes don't. Have got use to it but would like to get it working.
Tried to the MCU file from these forums with the lower version but get "MCU update file not found". FAT32 memory stick with the file in root.
Will try out the image that you have uploaded. Just need to search forums on how to :-). Been a while since rooting and loading custom roms and Android head units seem to work differently. Any help or link to instructions would be appreciated.
Where would I find the MCU file from my unit. Can share, no problem.
Also the unit brand is Taffio and sold by realmediashop and also on German Amazon. Thats alla I know about it.
Did e-mail realmediashop about an update but unsurprisingly no response from there.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 03:31 PM   #2858
Keliuss
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inku79 View Post
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have a 2GB unit. Have got the system working somewhat after resetting android. Now the Bluetooth connection is working but the quality is just crap.
Also the idrive and steering wheel buttons sometimes work and sometimes don't. Have got use to it but would like to get it working.
Tried to the MCU file from these forums with the lower version but get "MCU update file not found". FAT32 memory stick with the file in root.
Will try out the image that you have uploaded. Just need to search forums on how to :-). Been a while since rooting and loading custom roms and Android head units seem to work differently. Any help or link to instructions would be appreciated.
Where would I find the MCU file from my unit. Can share, no problem.
Also the unit brand is Taffio and sold by realmediashop and also on German Amazon. Thats alla I know about it.
Did e-mail realmediashop about an update but unsurprisingly no response from there.
https://github.com/chinesebmwheaduni...github.io/wiki

All the info and more are in that link.

Taken from above site:

Updating the firmware
The procedure for updating the firmware is listed below:

Format an USB drive (or SD card) as FAT32 with an MBR (not GUID!) partition table.
Place the mcuupdate.bin file in the root of the drive or SD card.
Navigate to settings -> system info on the unit.
Press the Firmware Upgrade button. Click on the check mark to apply the firmware update.
Wait for the firmware update to complete. It should count from 0 to 100%. It will automatically reboot the unit after the update is complete.

Keliuss
      02-28-2020, 08:50 AM   #2859
phatsua
Romania
Rep

any idea why when I try to update to a different firmware, the .img file in the root of the FAT32 usb stick, is not recognised anymore?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 12:14 PM   #2860
brunosouzapn
Rep
Drives: 328i

HI, I have the new snapdragon 1920x480 I think it's the newer version the password 1314 does not work, do you guys know the new password? thanks
Appreciate 0