F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Paddle Shifter Retrofit
Extreme Powerhouse

10-25-2020, 05:35 AM   #67
benjiF30
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Can anyone help. Installed on a build September 2017 F30. Came with cruise control. did all coding. hook up wires. but still cant seem to work. Can anyone please advise. thank you.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 02:44 PM   #68
haagm58
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328d Sport Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiF30 View Post
Can anyone help. Installed on a build September 2017 F30. Came with cruise control. did all coding. hook up wires. but still cant seem to work. Can anyone please advise. thank you.
Did you only install the paddles/wheel or did you also run wires from the passenger footwell to the steering wheel? If you did not run the wires, did you confirm that your car was pre-wired for paddles?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 04:27 PM   #69
[space]
Norway
Rep
Drives: F30 330E

Are all paddles created equal?

Some of the retrofit kits are dirt cheap, others are very expensive.

I guess if the shifter mechanism is made cheap in China it may not give a tactile clicky feel? (If the originals do? I don't know?)
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 12:07 PM   #70
alkadraz
Rep
Drives: 2015 F22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobluna View Post
For those who has retrofitted paddles, does your transmission downshift to lowest possible gear when pulling minus paddle over a second? This is described in PDF attached by zole2112 but for me it doesn't work. I just changed paddles_verbaut to aktiv and paddles works but this direct change to lowest possible gear does not work. Does not matter if stick is in D, S or M it always shifts only one gear at a time.

Maybe I need some additional coding somewhere? Add 2TB to VO? I have basically everything that it includes already as I have quicker shifts, paddles and launch control available. LC was active from factory and I coded quicker shifts long before retrofitting paddles. That is why I did this via FDL coding. I wonder if there is some parameter that I have missed by not coding 2TB.
I'm having the exact same issue. I had a 2015 F22 which had paddle shifters, and i could downshift to lowest gear by pulling shifter long enough, or if lever was on D and car on manual mode, i could switch to auto mode whenever i want by pulling plus shifter long enough. I have a 2013 F20 right now which i retrofitted paddle shifters, but that function does not work with this car. Could you solve this problem, is it related to being post 2014 and pre 2014 cars differences or something else? That was a useful function which i miss...
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 04:06 PM   #71
ice_rfm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30

Hello my friends... i retrofited the m3 f80 paddles in my f31 and sometimes the downshift paddle upshifts... its very eratic and without a patern but its very strange... 4th braking for the round about downshift and bummm 5th and the car doesnt pull as fast as if it was in 3th... any advice??? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 06:40 AM   #72
sal785
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 320Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark2112 View Post
Figured it out, I had the wrong harness cable. With the correct one, from a car that also had a heated steering wheel, it works fine. No errors.
I am getting the same error. I get the message in the idrive screen about every 4th ignition cycle.

Which harness cable was the culprit?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 07:44 AM   #73
kobluna
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkadraz View Post
I'm having the exact same issue. I had a 2015 F22 which had paddle shifters, and i could downshift to lowest gear by pulling shifter long enough, or if lever was on D and car on manual mode, i could switch to auto mode whenever i want by pulling plus shifter long enough. I have a 2013 F20 right now which i retrofitted paddle shifters, but that function does not work with this car. Could you solve this problem, is it related to being post 2014 and pre 2014 cars differences or something else? That was a useful function which i miss...
I wasn't able to resolve this problem unfortunately. My car is on 6/14 software version so maybe updating the car would help. I don't know and I won't update just to test because newer versions requires different coding platform than free Esys with free launcher. It could very well be just pre-LCI vs LCI thing

Anyway, I still miss this feature so if someone knows the solution I would be thankful.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 09:12 PM   #74
halmo20
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328ix

I need to do this. Thanks for write up!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 06:12 PM   #75
Alschneids
Alschneids
Rep
Drives: F30 335 2014

Need help

I did the f80 m3 paddle shifter retrofit on my 2014 335 and it was pre wired. They worked for about a month before the stopped working. Only the left side will shift and it auto up shifts immediately after. But when I decode it then the paddles don't work in general. I can't seem to upload the video I took of it but can anyone help me
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 07:22 AM   #76
jkwhar
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i

Just throwing it out here, if anyone's interested, I have a Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor for sale.

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 06:58 AM   #77
simao05
Rep
Drives: bmw f36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyWilly View Post
There's plenty of DYI's on this you just have to search for them.

But, I did this to my own car just last week and I've attached the PDF I used. One thing I lucked out on is that my car is pre-wired for the paddles.
Hello. I applied sfift paddles on my bmw f31 but don't know how to do coding with the e-sys. someone can help me.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 10:49 AM   #78
Alinspark
Rep
Drives: BMW 118D

You need to FDL Code FEM_Body PADDLES_VERBAUT = activ
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 10:02 PM   #79
Bartichoaky
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Activehybrid3

Quote:
Originally Posted by relsah View Post
Yes`, I have the 2TB coding.

My issue right now is that only the left paddle works. The right paddle does nothing. I checked the plugs/connection and they seem to seated correctly.

I saw a youtube video from Kies saying that the "long blue plug' from the wiring harness should connect to the right paddle. I think mine is connected to the left paddle, so I might have to redo that part and see what happens.
Did you ever happen to figure this out? I'm having the same problem. Only left paddle works. Ordered another set of paddles and still can't get the right to work.
Appreciate 0