F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
Studio RSR

11-16-2019, 02:00 AM   #2817
alex1991
Private
Rep
Drives: E84 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwysdz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1991 View Post
So after installing the backup camera and being really happy a want to go one step further and install front facing the camera.
So after installing the camera itself and starting the car, I realized that DVR app is useless, there is no way to make it switch automatically after coming back from reverse gear...but there is a way!

Auto Switch Front /View Side/Rearview Rear View Camera

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...1aba4c4dhndOSf

Install is very well explained and "easy"

Result:

btw. how to stop sygic from showing welcome screen and asking to download the map, every time is like I am staring app for the first time

If any of you have questions reagrding install please just ask...

Mounted under the original reversing camera ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwysdz View Post
Quote:
So after installing the backup camera and being really happy a want to go one step further and install front facing the camera.
So after installing the camera itself and starting the car, I realized that DVR app is useless, there is no way to make it switch automatically after coming back from reverse gear...but there is a way!

Auto Switch Front /View Side/Rearview Rear View Camera

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...1aba4c4dhndOSf

Install is very well explained and "easy"

Result:

btw. how to stop sygic from showing welcome screen and asking to download the map, every time is like I am staring app for the first time

If any of you have questions reagrding install please just ask...

Mounted under the original reversing camera ??
Nou, my car came without camera, everything ist aftermarket...
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 02:45 AM   #2818
haxx94
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d f30

Hi guys, I noticed that, since I mounted this Android 7 10.25" screen on my bmw f30 sport, I'm not able to change the ambient light brightness, I can only change the color from orange to white(classic/sport), but when i set a different brightness it's not change and remains always the same.. can you please try if someone have this problem?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 08:17 AM   #2819
pitoncho
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e87

Hello, i have a problem with my android radio that i posted in another post call experience with 9.0.

My problem is that i cannot use the radio because it doesnt boot on android menu, only appears no signal. Where can i get a .img for an px6 9.0 to restore it with sd car boot tool?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 12:54 PM   #2820
cammy22
Rep
Drives: BMW 318d

Hi. I purchased a screen. I purchased CIC version. It doesn't work. My screen looks CIC, Bimmertech told me I had CIC from vin number. I contacted seller and he said from lvds plug it looks like mine is NBT. Can you guys confirm for me from these pics? Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 01:02 PM   #2821
cammy22
Rep
Drives: BMW 318d

This is the screen I bought... If it's CIC, why does it have 6 pin port, I thought CIC had only 4 pin?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 11:27 PM   #2822
Juspa
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90 320d -05

I have unit with android 9.0. Is there a way to put bluetooth active on the unit side so that it would search for bt devices and could connect to them? It would be great if so, then you could use Carly, bimmercode etc. from the device.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 02:57 AM   #2823
Stainy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435d Xdrive

Move along - posted in wrong thread

Last edited by Stainy; 01-05-2020 at 03:23 AM.. Reason: oops
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 03:37 AM   #2824
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juspa View Post
I have unit with android 9.0. Is there a way to put bluetooth active on the unit side so that it would search for bt devices and could connect to them? It would be great if so, then you could use Carly, bimmercode etc. from the device.
Nop not possible to "free" bluetooth, but you probably can use this software with USB Adpaters.

Kri

Last edited by Kri; 01-05-2020 at 06:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 05:16 AM   #2825
Marlon1985
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Hello Guys,

Hope some one can help me out in here.

I have bought the android 10 system and want to use the LTE function.

Question 1: What kind of simcard can i use?
Question 2: The simcard needs to be Nano, micro or normall size? It looks like micro or nano because the normall size does not fit but i also tried micro but looks like that does also not fit.

Question 3: i have heard that not all provider simcards are working in the sytem. Does someone knows where to look at?

I have will attache a image. It looks like the left slot is for SD card and the right slot i have removed the plastic from to try to put in the simcard.

When i try to put in a nano simcard it goes really deep and it took me like 30 min to get it back out.

Hope someone can help me out!

Kind Regards,

Marlon

PS: i also try to use USB 3G dongle but then the problem is when i power on the system the system does not connect. I must start android system first then connect usb 3G dongle and then it connects. Thats the reason i want to use the build in 3G/4G.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 07:12 AM   #2826
Marlon1985
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon1985 View Post
Hello Guys,

Hope some one can help me out in here.

I have bought the android 10 system and want to use the LTE function.

Question 1: What kind of simcard can i use?
Question 2: The simcard needs to be Nano, micro or normall size? It looks like micro or nano because the normall size does not fit but i also tried micro but looks like that does also not fit.

Question 3: i have heard that not all provider simcards are working in the sytem. Does someone knows where to look at?

I have will attache a image. It looks like the left slot is for SD card and the right slot i have removed the plastic from to try to put in the simcard.

When i try to put in a nano simcard it goes really deep and it took me like 30 min to get it back out.

Hope someone can help me out!

Kind Regards,

Marlon

PS: i also try to use USB 3G dongle but then the problem is when i power on the system the system does not connect. I must start android system first then connect usb 3G dongle and then it connects. Thats the reason i want to use the build in 3G/4G.
I have found out that it needs to be Micro sim and how it needs to be placed in. See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTh2QvJdh3o

The problem i'm facing now is that the simcard is in and the system does not give any signal. They options in mobile network are grayed out so i cant edit or adjust any settings. Someone knows how to?

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 08:05 AM   #2827
twoface
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 316D

Which unit is it? Are you sure it has LTE?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 08:53 AM   #2828
Marlon1985
Enlisted Member
Rep

The guy who sold me told me it is for sure LTE.

his support is dramatic so i must find it out myself.

See image for my version.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 10:16 AM   #2829
twoface
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 316D

It would be more helpful if you provided link where you bought it from. You mentioned that its Android 10 unit, but last picture shows android version 9. It depends which SoC you have. Maybe you can install some kind of system info app and find out. Snapdragon units (and some Intel SoCs) have integrated 4G modem
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 10:52 AM   #2830
Marlon1985
Enlisted Member
Rep

yes sorry its android 9 10.2 inch i made a mistake.

Do you know any system info app?

Then im going to install it directly and see if i can find the info for you.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 05:45 AM   #2831
Marlon1985
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoface View Post
Which unit is it? Are you sure it has LTE?
My CPU is Rockchip RK3399. The sim card slot is in the unit and has pins to connect with sim card.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 07:53 AM   #2832
Blueskybmw
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Carlinkit Bluetooth dongle connected to android head unit BMW f30
Work's fine with CarPlay music until I try to search through albums etc using idrive then music stutters and music options have a mind of their own.
Have all the latest updates, can anyone help please.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 06:26 AM   #2833
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d M-Sport (2013)

Alex Hi,

I have similar setup. Android 7 (ugode) with front and rear aftermarket cameras installed and I am facing the same problem (I do not use the front camera at all because its too difficult to click the dvr option when I need it the most e.g. during parking).
I have manual transmission. When putting 1st driving gear from reverse that rear camera it still showing until the BMW OEM thresholds you mentioned (15km/h, 10sec). I cannot understand how this device will capture the change of the gear to auto switch the camera feed in my case.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
The back camera turns off because she doesn't have any more signal, but in my case when you go from reverse gear in driving gear the signal doesn't stop, as soon as backup camera signal is gone the front camera signal kicks in, and then the - 15 km/h + speed,- 10 sec after putting it in first gear diagram starts...

The reason why the screen is not turning off is that he has a signal.
And the box is "programmed" so that after the signal from the back camera (video 1) is gone she switches automatically to front camera (signal 2)

You should have no doubt, I am living proof that is working
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 11:54 AM   #2834
aiwa
Rep
Drives: 328i F30

Backup camera not kicking in when car is put in reverse.

Hi guys,

I hope I could get some help. I have the UGODE 10.25 android 7.1 NBT system. I recently updated the MCU and firmware to the latest available found on Oni Zuka's Google drive link.

At first I accidentally updated the system with an incorrect CIC MCU. I was able to update to the correct NBT MCU (NBT-MCU-20180717.zip)

My issue is that ever since updating the MCU and software my backup camera does not kick on when I put the car in reverse. I have tried an MCU reset, downgrading the MCU and downgrading the software but nothing gets it to work. I have confirmed that the backup camera works by putting it into the DVR input and selecting DVR and the camera does show. I have played with the CAMBUS on/off setting but still no luck.

Does anyone know if there is a setting I need to activate to get the backup camera to kick on when I put the car in reverse. Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 11:57 AM   #2835
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiwa View Post
Hi guys,

I hope I could get some help. I have the UGODE 10.25 android 7.1 NBT system. I recently updated the MCU and firmware to the latest available found on Oni Zuka's Google drive link.

At first I accidentally updated the system with an incorrect CIC MCU. I was able to update to the correct NBT MCU (NBT-MCU-20180717.zip)

My issue is that ever since updating the MCU and software my backup camera does not kick on when I put the car in reverse. I have tried an MCU reset, downgrading the MCU and downgrading the software but nothing gets it to work. I have confirmed that the backup camera works by putting it into the DVR input and selecting DVR and the camera does show. I have played with the CAMBUS on/off setting but still no luck.

Does anyone know if there is a setting I need to activate to get the backup camera to kick on when I put the car in reverse. Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Try camera settings option 360
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 12:51 PM   #2836
aiwa
Rep
Drives: 328i F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by koutsouk View Post
Try camera settings option 360
Thank You!

I went into the camera settings and the camera 360 option was indeed selected and I have an after market camera. I set it to after market and now it kicks over when I put it in reverse. For the life of me I don't know why I never checked this section when it was a bit obvious. LOL!

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 04:25 AM   #2837
alex1991
Private
Rep
Drives: E84 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike78 View Post
Alex Hi,

I have similar setup. Android 7 (ugode) with front and rear aftermarket cameras installed and I am facing the same problem (I do not use the front camera at all because its too difficult to click the dvr option when I need it the most e.g. during parking).
I have manual transmission. When putting 1st driving gear from reverse that rear camera it still showing until the BMW OEM thresholds you mentioned (15km/h, 10sec). I cannot understand how this device will capture the change of the gear to auto switch the camera feed in my case.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
The back camera turns off because she doesn't have any more signal, but in my case when you go from reverse gear in driving gear the signal doesn't stop, as soon as backup camera signal is gone the front camera signal kicks in, and then the - 15 km/h + speed,- 10 sec after putting it in first gear diagram starts...

And the box is "programmed" so that after the signal from the back camera (video 1) is gone she switches automatically to front camera (signal 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike78 View Post
Alex Hi,

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
The back camera turns off because she doesn't have any more signal, but in my case when you go from reverse gear in driving gear the signal doesn't stop, as soon as backup camera signal is gone the front camera signal kicks in, and then the - 15 km/h + speed,- 10 sec after putting it in first gear diagram starts... :

when the box detects that there is no more signal from the reverse camera (trigger), when you put your car in 1st gear the it switches to front camera
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 04:29 AM   #2838
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d M-Sport (2013)

OK, so, the box needs also reverse trigger connection, correct?

Quote:
when the box detects that there is no more signal from the reverse camera (trigger), when you put your car in 1st gear the it switches to front camera
Appreciate 0