F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW Keyed f30 what to do before turning In lease
proTUNING Freaks

06-15-2019, 07:24 PM   #1
Nh5651
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 320i Xdrive

So some idiot keyed the lid of my trunk pictures attached, gotta return the car in about 20 months so still quite a bit of time, however wanted to know the options I have and what would be the best way to go about this
Paint color: Platinum Silver
Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 07:28 PM   #2
Lysol
Dü Werke
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

First question: does your finger nail catch the groove of the scratch? If not (or very lightly), you may be able to buff it out with some compund.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 07:28 PM   #3
Nh5651
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysol View Post
First question: does your finger nail catch the groove of the scratch?
Yeah it does
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 07:45 PM   #4
328iX
David
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328iX F31

Insurance or find a place that can touch it up
Appreciate 1
Wires1645.50
      06-15-2019, 08:21 PM   #5
Nh5651
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328dX View Post
Do you know Aprox how much touch up would be?
Also how much would BMWFS possibly charge?
And would my premium increase if I claimed ?

Thanks

Edit just checked it is very lightly when o touch the groove
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 08:24 PM   #6
328iX
David
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nh5651 View Post
Quote:

Thanks
Maybe it would be best to see if they say anything when you turn it in.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 08:28 PM   #7
Nh5651
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
So just check it's very lightly when I touch with fingernail, can feel it a bit more when I use the bottom of my finger, also I have meguiars scratch remover should I try that after washing and waxing the car?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 08:34 PM   #8
328iX
David
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
So just check it's very lightly when I touch with fingernail, can feel it a bit more when I use the bottom of my finger, also I have meguiars scratch remover should I try that after washing and waxing the car?
Use the scratch remover it could take out some of the edges. When your fingernail catches that means it's below the clear coat which is more difficult to repair than a scratch on the surface of the clear
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 08:44 PM   #9
Nh5651
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
Use the scratch remover it could take out some of the edges. When your fingernail catches that means it's below the clear coat which is more difficult to repair than a scratch on the surface of the clear
Yeah if I could minimize the scratch to 2-3 inches that would be fine as it's normal wear and tear and they don't charge for it then, the scratch starts deep but slowly fades as I go through it
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 08:47 PM   #10
328iX
David
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
Yeah if I could minimize the scratch to 2-3 inches that would be fine as it's normal wear and tear and they don't charge for it then, the scratch starts deep but slowly fades as I go through it
Yeah the scratch remove will remove everything on the surface. I think you will be fine
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 08:54 PM   #11
Nh5651
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
Yeah the scratch remove will remove everything on the surface. I think you will be fine
Okay sounds great thanks, should I wash then wax first, or just wash and then use it?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 08:55 PM   #12
328iX
David
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
Okay sounds great thanks, should I wash then wax first, or just wash and then use it?

Thank you
I'd do it before washing. The scratch remove essentially has tiny abrasive material in it that buffs/polishes away the clear. It's also messy and leaves a haze if not completely wiped. I'd do it first then wash.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 09:13 PM   #13
Nh5651
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Thank you
I'd do it before washing. The scratch remove essentially has tiny abrasive material in it that buffs/polishes away the clear. It's also messy and leaves a haze if not completely wiped. I'd do it first then wash.
Ahh I see I just tried didn't really do anything but make it extremely clean lol, I applied it on a microfiber towel rubbed it in and then immediately wiped using another clean microfiber towel
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 09:15 PM   #14
328iX
David
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Thank you
Ahh I see I just tried didn't really do anything but make it extremely clean lol, I applied it on a microfiber towel rubbed it in and then immediately wiped using another clean microfiber towel
You can try for a longer period of time it won't hurt anything. Just try to blend with surrounding area. If it still doesn't work than the damage is too deep.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 11:24 PM   #15
Zanity
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 428i

sad to see this, so many jealous dicks out there, if I were you, I'd leave it for now, you still have 20 months to go, wait till near the end, who knows what else might happen, if you fixed it now and get another scratch next year, then that would suck hard, I would fix it privately right before returning the lease. Your mission, should you accept, is to make a friend who works in the body shop within the next 20 months. Good luck.
      06-15-2019, 11:59 PM   #16
Nh5651
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanity View Post
sad to see this, so many jealous dicks out there, if I were you, I'd leave it for now, you still have 20 months to go, wait till near the end, who knows what else might happen, if you fixed it now and get another scratch next year, then that would suck hard, I would fix it privately right before returning the lease. Your mission, should you accept, is to make a friend who works in the body shop within the next 20 months. Good luck.
Yeah will most likeley try making a friend I mean my dad knows someone at a body shop he's gotten work done so might hit him up and see what the damage is, I think for now I'm just going to try using the scratch remover and see if it fades any part even slightly, then like you said wait a bit and when I do my pre inspection see if they see the scratch and ding me for it, also most likeley going to get another bmw so they might discount me a bit who knows lol. Yeah don't understand why people do this shit pisses me off, I mean it's literally a 3 series like come on man, my 4 series doesn't have any thank god mad paranoid that car would get scratches so I got it in black, this platinum silver color is hard to match also that's why I feel like it would be a problem. Again people just hate and vandalize these days it's just ridiculous, no appreciation or respect for others... don't wanna rant now lol but I was thinking if there was some way to have a camera installed where it would record the car, since I street park both my bmws couldn't find anything though

Edit: don't wanna hit my insurance rates here in north jersey are crazy high anyways don't want them to go up even more lol
Appreciate 0